NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have begun the "30-day removal" to close my account.

My time here was slim, but the restrictions, the control, the $10 submissions/publishing, the high logo fees, the 30% commission, the obvious favoritism... just not seeing how this service is any better than just having my own landing page with my own logos. I don't really have many made up words with zero relevance and even if I did, they will obviously get lost.

I don't see B.B. doing much marketing or earning all these fees, nor has their support been very active. Nonetheless, it's just not for me at all... I like having transparency, there is none of that at BB.

•••
Hello!

Does this look like a $100 logo? :(

large_expertbadge_0.png

•••
Ruben, it's some abstract art. We'll grow to appreciate it with time

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Never mind. You know it's always the same story.
Expert badge is a bargain if it only costs $100 considering Belfast City Council paid $280K for their logo.

•••
Justin, why this? Be a little more understanding.

Given all the research you do on BB,how many BB sales are you currently making DnBOLT?

I noticed all your followers have pulled out of BB. Maybe they too have failed to make any sales.

•••
While I had much success selling domains through their platform, I also have decided to withdraw all my names from BB.

Their commission is robbery and yet won't reward sellers with listing credits.

Adios.

Last edited:
•••
While I have had much success selling domains through their platform, I also have decided to withdraw all my names from BB.

Their commission is robbery and yet won't reward sellers with listing credits.

Adios.
What high commissions?

Commissions start at 30% and come down as low as 15%.

•••
Majoriry of my names were sold when commission was 30%.

Recent were 20%.

•••
•••
Yep. Ive lost touch with BB.

30% is too much.

•••
•••
Given all the research you do on BB,how many BB sales are you currently making DnBOLT?

I noticed all your followers have pulled out of BB. Maybe they too have failed to make any sales.

Trying to be cheeky because excited with few sales? Okay, I can understand that..

Not focusing more to get sales from BB but using the high value intelligence at your expense to improve our daily business decisions and minimising risks.

Does it work? Hell yes!

Justin: Okay sir, how it works?
Bolt: Errm Justin see don't worry about it, just depend on them as usual.
Justin: Okay I will.
Bolt: Good.

Last edited:
•••
Trying to be cheeky because excited with few sales? Okay, I can understand that..

Not focusing more to get sales from BB but using the high value intelligence at your expense to improve our daily business decisions and minimising risks.

Does it work? Hell yes!

Justin: Okay sir, how it works?
Bolt: Errm Justin see don't worry about it, just depend on them as usual.
Justin: Okay I will.
Bolt: Good.

Whilst you are focussing on bots and research, I focus on profits.

•••
•••
•••
BB also offers 15%.

Is 15% low?
You are miscontextualizing their commission fees. You have never paid 15 or 20% commission for a name you sold on BB (neither have I).

BrandBucket's commission fees:
$0-50,000 - 30%
$50,000-99,00 - 20%
$100,000+ - 15%

•••
You are miscontextualizing their commission fees. You have never paid 15 or 20% commission for a name you sold on BB (neither have I).

BrandBucket's commission fees:
$0-50,000 - 30%
$50,000-99,00 - 20%
$100,000+ - 15%
I said also...implying they have more than one rate.

•••
•••
May be some people get 10% for their effort.

•••
•••
•••
Always "great" to wake up in the morning and read on NPs about a bunch of people pulling out tape measures to see who's is bigger. O_o

Truth is this BB thread tends to bring out two types of people - one's that hate it, and one's that love it.

Then there are some of us who see it as it really is - an available marketplace for our domains if we decide it is in our best interest to be in a partnership with them. I see some people in here who do try to come in to this thread with this view - but it does not take long for the two other groups to irritate them out of here.

I personally have profited from my relationship with BB thus far and will continue down this road. I of course would post my thoughts in the future if they change.

I am currently holding around 5% STR with about 100 domain portfolio with them - so I am happy.

Do I have concerns? Yes.
Are the commission and fees a little high? Yes - but so far my return justifies these fees.
Could transparency be better? Yes. I am a big advocate of this.
Is BB right for everyone? No. You need to do your own math and make your own decisions.

My opinion is there are people with valid concerns - and I'd love to continue to see those expressed in a productive manner. I don't believe these people should be shouted down or "annoyed out of town" by BB supporters.

For anyone not participating in productive conversation that has long left BB - I do not see the point in continuing to harp on issues that you have expressed - as you made your decision to leave. Let people know why and let that be that. Your success outside of BB should be enough proof to you that you made the right business decision - what benefit do you gain from being an attack dog?

I say we bring this thread back to a productive conversation - but maybe I am asking for the impossible here.

Best luck to all - and happy domaining,
Mike.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back