Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@hookbox any comments on "fundino" ?
Top keyword with 3 letter suffix. All of the good 3 letter suffixes with this keyword are taken so I could see this one selling for around $2,500-3,000. Not one of my favorite combinations because I think of Dino from the Flintstones cartoon but it flows pretty well so I could see someone buying it.

imgres-2.jpg

•••
Top keyword with 3 letter suffix. All of the good 3 letter suffixes with this keyword are taken so I could see this one selling for around $2,500-3,000. Not one of my favorite combinations because I think of Dino from the Flintstones cartoon but it flows pretty well so I could see someone buying it.

Show attachment 58226

Interesting. How you know all good 3 letter suffix are taken?

•••
Interesting. How you know all good 3 letter suffix are taken?
236 three letter suffixes with this keyword are taken. All the rest is the best of the worst which is junk. There are some left but not worth the holding cost on the lower tier suffixes.

•••
Just noticed on the BB Twitter feed that LocalPaper/com and GlobalHerald/com recently listed. It's starting to feel like they are going the way of Namerific now, and listing generic domains.

•••
Just noticed on the BB Twitter feed that LocalPaper/com and GlobalHerald/com recently listed. It's starting to feel like they are going the way of Namerific now, and listing generic domains.

Perhaps because they saw a recent incline in generic names and decided to let more in? :writer:

•••
Just recived this from Name My Company request :xf.eek::

bearbuyer is looking for suggestions for the following company or product:
We steal cars and than resell them we and we steal gang related products and then steal them. Keywords are illegal, cars, drugs, coins, fur. Budget is $10000+.

•••

We steal cars and than resell them we and we steal gang related products and then steal them. Keywords are illegal, cars, drugs, coins, fur. Budget is $10000+.
Classic!

•••

I could have the perfect domain for them: Theillegal.com.....but I want to be paid with products and services :P

•••
•••
NMC is a joke
What can @brandbucket do to improve NMC? I'm not sure up to 5% (my estimate) of those who request names on NMC eventually buy any name. I thought the introduction of budgets to the request would let those who make requests know that NMC is not some free naming service like its predecessor (DockNames) but I'm not sure if that has made requesters any more committed.

Has anyone had a successful sale solely due to NMC? Like you propose a name and it gets bought by the requester in few hours or days.

•••
I have suggested over 4000 names - almost all keyword, very suitable names.
Never sold any of them :) Sold my others names that I did not suggest.

•••
I have suggested over 4000 names - almost all keyword, very suitable names.
Never sold any of them :) Sold my others names that I did not suggest.
:) :) :) I submitted over 1000 names as well and nothing close to a sale. At 2 names per request for most requests and 5 names for other requests, that's around 300-400 requests for me and around 1000-1200 requests for you.

I stopped using the service because my time is valuable. It takes time to read a request and look through your published names to find a suitable name. All those efforts and no results made using the service less attractive. How do you explain being the only 5 star entry on a request and the requester won't buy the name?

I think bringing up the NMC prompt for every person that searches on BB needs to be changed. People should show some level of commitment to buying a name on BB before they are introduced to NMC.

•••
So recently I purchased a few BB accepted names. These were unregistered names that I paid finders fee for. The "finder" had already paid the dollar to BB for review. Now, to get those names in my account, I need to submit the names to BB again by paying the one dollar review fee and then paying the $9 listing fee. So BB is double dipping with the "review" fee of $1! Very shady and should be kept in mind when dealing with "accepted" names

•••
So recently I purchased a few BB accepted names. These were unregistered names that I paid finders fee for. The "finder" had already paid the dollar to BB for review. Now, to get those names in my account, I need to submit the names to BB again by paying the one dollar review fee and then paying the $9 listing fee. So BB is double dipping with the "review" fee of $1! Very shady and should be kept in mind when dealing with "accepted" names
"Buying" an unregistered name sounds like a derivative contract sprinkled with some forwards without hedging :). What if someone else registers the name before you are able to do so?

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you 'buy' each name?

Let's see if this practice will catch on. This is exactly how the wholesale BB market started.

•••

But if you weren't in the growth program, you would have paid $10 for publishing the name. So you didn't pay twice.

•••
People need to learn how to setup a landing page and STOP paying fees and sending traffic to marketplaces ... I had several hundreds of names on BB selling about 1% - 2% year from my portfolio. I closed my account, build my website and since 2014 I sell around 10% of my portfolio each year. I also control pricing (my ex. BB listed domains are selling at almost double the price).

Last edited:
•••
"Buying" an unregistered name sounds like a derivative contract sprinkled with some forwards without hedging :). What if someone else registers the name before you are able to do so?
Paid the finders fee only after I was able to successfully reg the names.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you 'buy' each name?
A few $s (less than $10)

•••
But if you weren't in the growth program, you would have paid $10 for publishing the name. So you didn't pay twice.

I never said I'm paying twice. I said BB is charging twice to review the same name.
I am in the Growth program. I don't know if I can come out of it but that is tangential to my point

•••
People need to learn how to setup a landing page and STOP paying fees and sending traffic to marketplaces ... I had several hundreds of names on BB selling about 1% - 2% year from my portfolio. I closed my account, build my website and since 2014 I sell around 10% of my portfolio each year. I also control pricing (my ex. BB listed domains are selling at almost double the price).
What is wrong with paying selling fees?

It is fee for service.

After we submit the domain, we do absolutely nothing other than paying renewal fees.

It takes a lot of time, effort, money and expertise to build and maintain your own marketplace.

I would rather spend my time at the beach whilst BB does all the work for me.

As long as BB generates sales who really cares if they earn a commission...even if it's 30%.

•••
As long as BB generates sales who really cares if they earn a commission...even if it's 30%.

I think one major problem highlighted by BrandClub is that they're now selling the same "BB approved" domains at twice the price and also not losing out on the 30% commission to BB. Which is a massive increase in RoI and might well worth be the cost of maintaining one's own marketplace. Oh, and the sell through rate is also higher...

A lot of this might be due to or might not be due to BB's involvement but anecdotally, it does point that higher quality names have better chances outside of BB for increased returns.

Edit: Expanded my original comment

Last edited:
•••
What is wrong with paying selling fees?

It is fee for service.

After we submit the domain, we do absolutely nothing other than paying renewal fees.

It takes a lot of time, effort, money and expertise to build and maintain your own marketplace.

I would rather spend my time at the beach whilst BB does all the work for me.

There´s absolutely nothing wrong with paying selling fees ... You go to SEDO, AFTERNIC, GoDaddy etc ... list your domain and if it sells via their platform you pay a 15% - 20% commission.

The problem with BB is they act like a DICTATOR:
*they charge you for submission
*they decide if your domain can be listed (or NOT)
*if they accept the name they decide the price
*they charge you upfront for listing
*and if your domain fails in the 1% - 2% of their inventory that sells, they charge you a whopping 30% commission plus you still have to pay the logo design

Not to mention that when they promote their inventory, they do exactly that: promote their very OWN inventory (BOXADOR profile) and the inventory of their "AMBASSADORS". POINT.

I do the work that BB does on my own (10 -15 minutes a day) and still spend my time on the beach.

Do you really believe that BB´s work is worth that much ??? Think again!

Last edited:
•••
There´s absolutely nothing wrong with paying selling fees ... You go to SEDO, AFTERNIC, GoDaddy etc ... list your domain and if it sells via their platform you pay a 15% - 20% commission.

The problem with BB is they act like a DICTATOR:
*they charge you for submission
*they decide if your domain can be listed (or NOT)
*if they accept the name they decide the price
*they charge you upfront for listing
*and if your domain fails in the 1% - 2% of their inventory that sells, they charge you a whopping 30% commission plus you still have to pay the logo design

Not to mention that when they promote their inventory, they do exactly that: promote their very OWN inventory (BOXADOR profile) and the inventory of their "AMBASSADORS". POINT.

I do the work that BB does on my own (10 -15 minutes a day) and still spend my time on the beach.

Do you really believe that BB´s work is worth that much ??? Think again!
Dictator?

You list voluntarily. If you don't agree with their terms you walk away.

BB has been great to me.

•••
•••
You list voluntarily. If you don't agree with their terms you walk away.

You see, that's where you're contradicting yourself. When he IS walking away, you're trying to argue why it's a bad idea to walk away and then you say if you don't like their terms, walk away... Can't have it both ways

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back