Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Side note: Does anyone else think The/Discount.com is underpriced? Not mine, but seeing the amount of similar regged domains beginning with The/Discount, and Alexa rankings for such domains, I see many endusers with money.

Show attachment 41824

Absolutely agree... And have just seen it's priced at $8,000 right now. That's a nice price review.

•••
Absolutely agree... And have just seen it's priced at $8,000 right now. That's a nice price review.

Possible glitch going on...

No BIN when going to brandbucket.com/thediscount and brandbucket.com/discountr

upload_2016-11-8_18-55-32.png

upload_2016-11-8_18-52-11.png

You can still access the BIN by searching discount

upload_2016-11-8_18-53-49.png

upload_2016-11-8_18-54-37.png

•••
I guess that is because, of the 12 names I have submitted to BB, the only domain that was ever 'accepted' turned out to be a typo of the actual domain I had intended to submit.
Make that 18 names now...
I thought 'probliss', or perhaps 'phonicly', may have made it through.

Last edited:
•••
I am the owner of TheDiscount.com and Discountr.com Unfortunately, after many tries to review the price of TheDiscount.com to a really reasonable amount, I totally failed. I removed some names after a failure to agree on a price with BB, I think TheDiscount.com will be the next one. Thank you guys for confirming my thoughts, I already paid a lot to buy that gem and shouldnt let it go for cheap!

I just returned to the platform and want to be as positive as possible, so I wont comment much here at the moment :)

•••
Some of their pricing decisions are just woeful right now imo. For a long time they were pricing their own (insider) domains at a 50-100% premium to regular sellers, and now some of the pricing is completely out of whack with market reality (again imo).

I had a very good 4L accepted at $5.4 K but refused. It's now in escrow for $15K (zero commission). I won't mention it here as it's always risky to assume a sale until money is the bank.

They offered to list Zoof.com for $6.4K and after review said this was the price they believe their target market would buy at. I'd value it at $15-20K given its clarity and phonetic. Many of the higher priced 4L names they have listed can't even be pronounced.

I'd remove both of those names if they were mine fwiw. I'm fairly confident they'd be priced higher if they were an insider's names.

•••
Some of their pricing decisions are just woeful right now imo. For a long time they were pricing their own (insider) domains at a 50-100% premium to regular sellers, and now some of the pricing is completely out of whack with market reality (again imo).

I had a very good 4L accepted at $5.4 K but refused. It's now in escrow for $15K (zero commission). I won't mention it here as it's always risky to assume a sale until money is the bank.

They offered to list Zoof.com for $6.4K and after review said this was the price they believe their target market would buy at. I'd value it at $15-20K given its clarity and phonetic. Many of the higher priced 4L names they have listed can't even be pronounced.

I'd remove both of those names if they were mine fwiw. I'm fairly confident they'd be priced higher if they were an insider's names.
I agree with your observations. Right now I have a name in escrow for close to $10K. BB suggested price was $5K... Last month I sold a name for close to $5K ...with a BB suggested price of $2.5K.

Asking them to increase the price on underpriced names does not work. They never approve requests for significant price increases (in my experience).

•••
•••
Deleted. Will pm instead.

Last edited:
•••
I am the owner of TheDiscount.com and Discountr.com Unfortunately, after many tries to review the price of TheDiscount.com to a really reasonable amount, I totally failed. I removed some names after a failure to agree on a price with BB, I think TheDiscount.com will be the next one. Thank you guys for confirming my thoughts, I already paid a lot to buy that gem and shouldnt let it go for cheap!

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, are these for sale with bb @ $8,000 and $1,895?

I'm asking because there isn't a BIN on the domain, though, you can still access the BIN by searching 'discount' and clicking 'buy now' to bring the domain to the cart. Should anyone purchase at those respective prices, what would be the outcome?

•••
Heads up, everybody. BB has just implemented a change to their push function where they won't let accounts that are not in "good standing" receive pushed domains.

To be in good standing, you have to have an A or B score in each of these two circles in your dashboard:

So glad that I can have BrandBucket published domains pushed into my account again, despite my BrandBucket account not being in 'good standing'. I have seen some great BrandBucket domains being sold on NamePros and it's bummed me out that I couldn't purchase them due to BrandBuckets new rule.

Today, that all changed. I purchased Kellyy.com from @Keith DeBoer for $9. It was listed in the bargain BIN section on NamePros. After purchasing it, Keith said he needed my BB email to initiate the push despite his sales thread not saying anything about the domain being published, or a requirement that I had to have a bb account to purchase the domain. I provided my GD and BB details, and Keith pushed the domain into my BrandBucket and GoDaddy account.

+1 for BrandBucket making the right decision to stop excluding buyers on the reseller market!

upload_2016-11-15_13-22-32.png

Last edited:
•••
So glad that I can have BrandBucket published domains pushed into my account again, despite my BrandBucket account not being in 'good standing'. I have seen some great BrandBucket domains being sold on NamePros and it's bummed me out that I couldn't purchase them due to BrandBuckets new rule.

Today, that all changed. I purchased Kellyy.com from @Keith DeBoer for $9. It was listed in the bargain BIN section on NamePros. After purchasing it, Keith said he needed my BB email to initiate the push despite his sales thread saying anything about the domain being published, or a requirement that I had to have a bb account to purchase the domain. I provided my GD and BB details, and Keith pushed the domain into my account.

+1 for BrandBucket making the right decision to stop excluding buyers on the reseller market!

This is great News. I'm glad we can now transfer domains into accounts that are NOT in good standings. This should lift the BB reseller market

•••
An update on my BB experience. Excellent customer service. Contacted them last week with something I needed help with, I got a phone call back very quickly and also several emails all the way until everything was completed. Huge vote of confidence for them.

•••
An update on my BB experience. Excellent customer service. Contacted them last week with something I needed help with, I got a phone call back very quickly and also several emails all the way until everything was completed. Huge vote of confidence for them.
I'm always very impressed by their service desk, and especially Julia, that woman is a mini whirlwind of efficiency!

•••

Today, that all changed. I purchased Kellyy.com from @Keith DeBoer for $9. It was listed in the bargain BIN section on NamePros. After purchasing it, Keith said he needed my BB email to initiate the push despite his sales thread not saying anything about the domain being published, or a requirement that I had to have a bb account to purchase the domain. I provided my GD and BB details, and Keith pushed the domain into my BrandBucket and GoDaddy account.

I've purchased a BB accepted domain from a seller here on NP and he tried to move it to my BB account after I've seen your post but it didn't worked. It keeps on saying the same crap ...account not in good standing, blah, blah ... so it seems that names can be pushed from someone to your "not in good standing" account only if that "someone" is one of the selected few and he can probably pull a couple of ropes up there. Talking of double standards here ... phew ! :)

I'm always very impressed by their service desk, and especially Julia, that woman is a mini whirlwind of efficiency!

+1 for Julia ! She's a such a helpful lady!

•••
... so it seems that names can be pushed from someone to your "not in good standing" account only if that "someone" is one of the selected few and he can probably pull a couple of ropes up there. Talking of double standards here ... phew ! :)
Unlikely that someone with such clout would then brag about it here.

Then I think she's where you should address your concerns and ask about BB's "double standard". Let us know what they answer. This issue is a concern to many here, myself included -_-

Last edited:
•••
Is there a way to get a BB appraisal before submission (and approval process)? I've noticed some good names are in the 1,XXX range while some names I find quite ridiculous are in the 2,XXX to 4,XXX range.

Now that they are dinging people who submit but remove, it would be nice to know what numbers they're going to slap on your domain before going through the process.

•••
Then I think she's where you should address your concerns and ask about BB's "double standard". Let us know what they answer. This issue is a concern to many here, myself included -_-

Unfortunately Julia is not a decision-maker. She does a wonderful job providing super-duper support and she can only pass anyone's concerns to the "management board"... then the big guys will do what they do best ... nothing :)

•••
Unfortunately Julia is not a decision-maker. She does a wonderful job providing super-duper support and she can only pass anyone's concerns to the "management board"... then the big guys will do what they do best ... nothing :)

Did you ask Julia if she could push your newly purchased bb accepted domain into your bb account?

•••
I've purchased a BB accepted domain from a seller here on NP and he tried to move it to my BB account after I've seen your post but it didn't worked. It keeps on saying the same crap ...account not in good standing, blah, blah ... so it seems that names can be pushed from someone to your "not in good standing" account only if that "someone" is one of the selected few and he can probably pull a couple of ropes up there. Talking of double standards here ... phew ! :)

This needs to be addressed @Keith DeBoer was there a special provision made that Grilled could receive a domain with an account not in good standing but others like Loredan cannot ?

•••
Did you ask Julia if she could push your newly purchased bb accepted domain into your bb account?

For the sake of transparency here is how it went:

1. I've purchased the approved BB domain on 7th this month. Seller pushed the name to my GoDaddy but when he tried to push to my BB account he wasn't able to do so and got a message saying that my account is not in good standing....

2. I've sent an email to BB the same day (7th) asking what is the matter, and kindly asking to let the seller push the name to my account since I'd like to pay & publish .

3. On 11th, I received the following reply from BB:
"We appreciated your patience. Unfortunately, as long as your account is not in good standing we are not able to transfer any domains to your account. We do want to help improve your dashboard scores and are wondering if there's any chance you could bring your removed names (LLLL.com and LLLL.com) back to BrandBucket. This will decrease your removal rate (3rd circle). We would be happy to renegotiate their listing prices if necessary."

4. Same day (11th) I have replied to the email saying that one of the LLLL's has been sold since I've removed it from BB and the other one ... I don't want to relist it. I thought well, this is that... I can't get the name to my BB account and that's the end of the story ... move along and forget about it .

5. Yesterday I've seen Grilled's post here and I asked the seller to try and push the domain again to my BB account as it might work this time. Seller replied that he's not able to do so and he's getting the same "account not in good standing" message.

That's pretty much the whole story. I have emailed Julia @ BB a link to Grilled's post if she wants to forward this to one of the smart brains @ BB .

The seller of the name is @disaac81 , a well respected member here, I'll tag him here just in case he wants to jump in and confirm the messages he received from BB.

•••
Just tried again @loredan and still the same message, receiver account is not in good standing.

You would think they would just let you have it since you are a valued seller wanting to continue on the platform.

I hope common sense prevails.

•••
This needs to be addressed @Keith DeBoer was there a special provision made that Grilled could receive a domain with an account not in good standing but others like Loredan cannot ?

The response I received from @Keith DeBoer was that he convinced BrandBucket to make an exception, and allow the transfer into my account. Citing, that my messages here were pleasant and cooperative, and it was an attempt to build a bridge. However, as soon as I publicly spoke about it, he assumed I wasn't interested in building a bridge. Going as far as refunding my money, and allowing me to keep the domain, because he didn't feel comfortable having my money in his account.

So let's detail what happened here:

Keith listed three FirstNameYY domains in the bargain BIN thread HERE

All three had logo's (not BB logos) and because I'm very familiar with BB domains, I knew Kellyy was bb published. I can only assume Keith made a mistake, and wasn't aware at the time it was bb published. Hence, why it wasn't sold with a bb logo, or guidelines that you have to be a bb seller in good standing to purchase. Knowing Keith has me on ignore (which is ironic because he is also 'following' me), I couldn't message him to notify the mistake, so I purchased it as an experiment. Having done business with Keith before, I instantly PayPal'd him friends and family, and provided him my GD details. At this point, he realized it was BB published and asked for my BB account to push the domain. I informed him that the thread didn't mention the domain being a bb published domain, and that I didn't think I could receive the domain given my account status. The next morning, the domain was pushed to my GD and BB account without a hitch. I asked if I could bid on other bb domains given this transaction, and it was at that point he issued me a refund.

Following Keiths listing mistake, he had the following options:

(1) Convince BB to transfer the domain into my account, and transfer right away. Which he did, and in turn received a positive trade review.

(2) He could have asked me to wait 30 days, as it was being removed from BB. I would have accepted that as long as he renewed it (it expires in less than 30 days) and would have given me the profit if it sold within that time.

(3) He could have cited the domain was listed by mistake, and he couldn't transfer it to my GD account because it's listed with BB. This would have most likely resulted in a negative trade review. Several sellers have lost reseller sales because of this new rule. Because it was a new rule, I think refunds were given, and nobody resulted in a bad trade review, but easily could have. Given the rules on NP are simple.

(4) He could have transferred it to my GD account, and not BB account. Thus, counting against his BB account for a removed domain. Possibly incurring the 30% bb fee, as it was removed without the 30 day notice.

Hopefully now bb insiders have some insight of how this new rule affects the common seller. I would very much like to build a bridge with bb again as this insider/outsider divide has to stop. That bridge shouldn't be for a select few, it should be for all. Hence, this transparent post. Don't extend a closed door olive branch, if that branch isn't open to all. Not sure if Keith will be reading this as he stated via PM he will be putting me back on ignore. I wholeheartedly wish we can all have a frank discussion that benefits everybody equally.

Last edited:
•••
Wow this place just gets screwier and screwier.

•••
The problem there was obviously that Keith sold a name he didn't realise was listed on BB, and therefore he was caught by the new "good standing" rule. In fairness he did try to remedy this, but I think it does show that BB took a sledge hammer to crack a nut with this change.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back