IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last year, I regged several lower suggested value domains that were deleted from bb.

How? By monitoring deleted domains. see below screenshot

Show attachment 32827

These are domains that bb might have published, and for whatever reason, the seller decided not to renew. I emailed bb and requested the domains be moved into my account. Julia did so in a timely matter, and as listing fee's are lifetime purchases, the $10 fee was waived.

Mind you, some of the domains had $200 - $500 logo awards assigned. This can be a negative thing in the eyes of bb resellers as the margins of a $995 bb sale are greatly affected when you consider $500 logo + 30%.

Very interesting. Before three days I found a domain in the drops , five L, and I was sure it was BB material. I checked and boom it is registered though expired domains said it is available. I checked and it was SOLD on BB before.

•••
Very interesting. Before three days I found a domain in the drops , five L, and I was sure it was BB material. I checked and boom it is registered though expired domains said it is available. I checked and it was SOLD on BB before.

Also, very interesting!

I have two questions if you don't mind me asking:

(1) How many domains did you have published with bb at the time of your first sale on bb?

(2) How many bb domains did you resell on NamePros before you made your first sale on bb?

EDIT: I misread your post @Abdullah Abdullah. Sorry, if the above questions are off topic to your post.

I'm not sure how you checked to see how it was sold on BB before. I use the following methods.

(1) Check archive.org via www.brandbucket.com/exampleDOMAIN for screenshots (might find the legacy sold banner in screenshots)

(2) If you visit www.brandbucket.com/exampleDOMAIN and see a logo AND inquire button, then the domain sold such as www.brandbucket.com/repiq. If you see a domain such as www.brandbucket.com/clubzo with no logo + inquire option, then I'm under the assumption the domain hasn't sold, and is still in a sellers account. I say this because I recently bought Clubzo on NP. I have not requested it be removed from bb via the 30 day notice. If I request Clubzo moved away from my account via emailing bb, they will charge me 30% of the listed price. Thus, I need to republish this domain with bb, give them a 30 day notice, and allow them to delete the domain out of my bb account.

Last edited:
•••
Last year, I regged several lower suggested value domains that were deleted from bb.

How? By monitoring deleted domains. see below screenshot

Show attachment 32828

These are domains that bb might have published, and for whatever reason, the seller decided not to renew. I emailed bb and requested the domains be moved into my account. Julia did so in a timely matter, and as listing fee's are lifetime purchases, the $10 fee was waived.

Mind you, some of the domains had $200 - $500 logo awards assigned. This can be a negative thing in the eyes of bb resellers as the margins of a $995 bb sale are greatly affected when you consider $500 logo + 30%.
Great info!!

•••
Also, very interesting!

I have two questions if you don't mind me asking:

(1) How many domains did you have published with bb at the time of your first sale on bb?

(2) How many bb domains did you resell on NP before you made your first sale on bb?

Not at all, I had 4 published.
I never sold any on NP. I was once offered $70 for two BB accepted names here and I rejected. I sold one of those on Namejet before two weeka for $260 :)

My bb domains are not even ten names. I have been a member for one year and three days but somehow I didnot publish a lot or submit though one crazy night I submited a lot of two key words which they rejected so my acceptance rate is as of now 11 plus % .

Edit : It was actually 5 .

Last edited:
•••
I never sold any on NP. I was once offered $70 for two BB accepted names here and I rejected. I sold one of those on Namejet before two weeka for $260 :)

Why didn't you pay bb $10 to list? They have sold several similar CVAAV domains for $X,XXX this year.

If you would have paid bb a $10 listing fee, and sold your domain via NameJet without requesting a 30 removal, you would have received a bill owing bb more than $260. as was reported last week by a NP member...

•••
Why didn't you pay bb $10 to list? They have sold several similar CVAAV domains for $X,XXX this year.

If you would have paid bb a $10 listing fee, and sold your domain via NameJet without requesting a 30 removal, you would have received a bill owing bb more than $260. as was reported last week by a NP member...

There was one reason why I never published this name though it was my sececond accepted name. The reason was, the four L of the same name is established business so I couldnt see anyone paying the BB fees like to get it and since it has great meaning in Chinese I was almost sure it was going to sell on Namejet.

•••
If you're like me, and paid for the majority of your listing fee's, you would know what it feels like to be bb invested. When I pay a $10 listing fee for a domain that was hand registered for $8, I am now invested $18. My investment raises to $26 once I renew. That's fine. It's still less than listing fee + the cost of a a GD Closeout. I don't even list with bb anymore, but because there is a reseller market AND my bb investment was more than my domain investment, I renew my bb invested domains.

Can you explain this better? Why wouldn't you invest in BrandBucket if you're getting 9-10x the valuation and potential sale of your investment?

•••
Sold MadNinja.com and Jetse.com this month at BrandBucket. Both domains caught with Pheenix for under $20. 16 sales with BB in total of which 3 of them this year. 109 listings remaining.

•••
Can you explain this better?

Hi @anantj Welcome to NamePros!

I've explained a lot of my concerns in this thread, and others bb related threads. If you wish to know my concerns, please read through this thread. If you have questions after, I will be happy to answer. Lot's have had great success with bb, and they have been a wonderful asset to the brandable industry.
Why wouldn't you invest in BrandBucket

I would love to republish my bb invested domains, and possibly publish more if bb made some changes that would better the industry. However, until then, despite my success, I don't believe bb is worth landing page exclusivity given the looming questions of integrity.

This is my position today; it may not be my opinion tomorrow. Meaning, bb is an intelligent company, and if they deem any of the issues presented to them on NP as serious issues, I assume they will improvise, adapt, and overcome. We saw this recently when they:

(1) changed domains to be sorted by default chronologically opposed to sorted by staff pick.
Is there much benefit to the nice landing page? Besides the score cards, here's my thought to how the search goes down.

Redirected Domain Goes to: ExampleBBDomain.com > See scorecard > Click BIN > Get redirected to the forwarded page ie BrandBucket.com/ExampleBBDomain which contains other possibly better brandable domains > The buyer can now: Buy a better BrandBucket domain or click BIN for a second time
Why does it even say BIN if it's just going to redirect you to another BIN button? This seems misleading. It seems it would be more accurate if they had two options: (1) BIN (2) See more domains [it's only fair for the proposed 'see more domains' button to feature domains owned by the owner of the forwarded domain]
Forwarded Domain Goes to: BrandBucket.com/ExampleBBDomain which contains other possibly better brandable domains > The buyer can now: Buy a potentially better BrandBucket domain or click BIN once to initiate sale.
(2) changed BINs for domains with scorecard landing pages to go directly to checkout.
1) The arrow > under feature names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/staff-pick-business-names

2) The arrow > under premium names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/premium-business-names

3) The arrow > under recently added names redirects to www. brandbucket.com/names

In which the domains are sorted by default to staff picks, instead of recently added domains.

41131_72d3a4cdaf390c5cca7170a23f9b776b.PNG

Is this intentional?

If it is, I think it's a little misleading. Every other arrow goes to where it says it'll go. Link 3 by default promotes domains from link 1 and 2.

Shouldn't the arrow > under recently added domains by default redirect to:
41132_0fdeb4b44dd4560908ff8b14eda20f12.PNG

Thank you @michaeljkrell in advance for looking into this.

Last edited:
•••
Hi ,I have never listed on brand bucket before.I recently acquired a highly brandable 4L.com which I would like to sell but the 30% fees seem to be awfully a lot considering they have 29,000 domains.

I wanted to know if:

Most brand bucket sales are through type in traffic , I.e the buyer types the domain name into his web browser and then proceeds further to buy it etc.

OR

Through brandbucket's marketing.They have about 29,000 domains so I don't think..

•••
I wanted to know if:

Most brand bucket sales are through type in traffic , I.e the buyer types the domain name into his web browser and then proceeds further to buy it etc.

If your domain can generate enquiries via type-ins then you don't need a third party to promote your domain.

•••
Sold my first domain with BB yesterday. I've joined BB since March and published 4 domains with an acceptance rate of 16%.

•••
Sold my first domain with BB yesterday. I've joined BB since March and published 4 domains with an acceptance rate of 16%.
3 more to go and you have 100% success rate. Well done.

•••
How long does it take for a domain on BB to be accepted or rejected?

It's currently been six days for me and still no response.

•••

Up to two weeks in my experience.

•••
•••

In the past month I have had domains reviewed within 3 days and 10 days...so it depends how busy they are.

•••
So my first year in brandable domaining ends, and I thought other newbies to brandables might be interested to see how I've got on...

I'm a long time domainer but a complete newbie to brandables. I thought this might give me an advantage on picking/selling domains compared to other brandable newbies.

My average purchase price of a brandable domain is around $20 (and rising!). I got very lucky in the early days, hand registering domains with GoDaddy coupon codes over 3 different accounts, unfortunately those days are gone and now I tend to drop catch or buy the majority of my domains from other domainers.

After I've purchased my brandable, in most cases I put up a landing page, this could be on my own website, Efty or more recently the new namesilo landing pages. I work very hard, spending 5+ hours a day (on top of a full time job) conducting outreach or attracting attention to my domains for sale. Very rarely do my domains sell all by themselves.

I've chosen to list my brandable domains solely with BrandBucket. I don't list with any other brandable marketplace. I submit all of my domains to BrandBucket immediately upon purchase. Having already put them on a landing page, this gives me a window of around 1 week-10 days to sell it before BrandBucket approves/denies my domain (in the early days this could have been as long as a month!). BB rejected names stay on whatever landing page I've built.

I also reach out to other domainers or people in the industry regularly. Sometimes, it's not what you know, it's who you know ;). There are also a lot of really nice domainers out there and it's great to keep in contact. Through this contact I've sold a large portfolio of BB published names and another large portfolio of BB rejected names. I've also had small sales of both published and rejected names here at NP.

Answers to all of those little questions:

I already owned a sizable brandable domain portfolio from my usual day-to-day domaining and I've purchased 1,000+ brandables this year. Looking back I clearly had no idea what I was doing when I started buying names specifically to list on BrandBucket. I have (or will be) dropping at least 200 domains, as smart as I thought I was, I clearly wasn't!

I currently have 750+ names on BrandBucket (added a lot in the last few weeks).

I would have had 1,000+ names on BrandBucket had I not sold off some published names.

Almost 500 names were listed free via the voting system.

Over 500 names cost me under $4 (thanks GoDaddy and Domain.com!).

My acceptance rate at BrandBucket is dismal, I'm currently running at a 32% acceptance rate. As I've learned what BB wants/accepts this has improved. I was getting 1 in 10 accepted at first, now it's more like 1 in 10 gets rejected.

My one year bottom line is:
Revenue from BB @ $20,000
Revenue from end user sales made myself @ $14,000
Revenue from one off sale of BB published names @ $4,000
Revenue from various sales of BB published names @ $2,500
Revenue from one off sale of BB rejected names @ $8,000
Revenue from various sales of BB rejected names @ $500

$49,000

Poop! I didn't quite make that $50K. There is my motivation for this year!

Good luck to all other BBers too :D

•••
Thanks @JimJammy for this valuable post. So you made up $49,000 in revenue and that's awesome, but what about the profit? Is it still worth playing the number game?

•••
So my first year in brandable domaining ends, and I thought other newbies to brandables might be interested to see how I've got on...

I'm a long time domainer but a complete newbie to brandables. I thought this might give me an advantage on picking/selling domains compared to other brandable newbies.

My average purchase price of a brandable domain is around $20 (and rising!). I got very lucky in the early days, hand registering domains with GoDaddy coupon codes over 3 different accounts, unfortunately those days are gone and now I tend to drop catch or buy the majority of my domains from other domainers.

After I've purchased my brandable, in most cases I put up a landing page, this could be on my own website, Efty or more recently the new namesilo landing pages. I work very hard, spending 5+ hours a day (on top of a full time job) conducting outreach or attracting attention to my domains for sale. Very rarely do my domains sell all by themselves.

I've chosen to list my brandable domains solely with BrandBucket. I don't list with any other brandable marketplace. I submit all of my domains to BrandBucket immediately upon purchase. Having already put them on a landing page, this gives me a window of around 1 week-10 days to sell it before BrandBucket approves/denies my domain (in the early days this could have been as long as a month!). BB rejected names stay on whatever landing page I've built.

I also reach out to other domainers or people in the industry regularly. Sometimes, it's not what you know, it's who you know ;). There are also a lot of really nice domainers out there and it's great to keep in contact. Through this contact I've sold a large portfolio of BB published names and another large portfolio of BB rejected names. I've also had small sales of both published and rejected names here at NP.

Answers to all of those little questions:

I already owned a sizable brandable domain portfolio from my usual day-to-day domaining and I've purchased 1,000+ brandables this year. Looking back I clearly had no idea what I was doing when I started buying names specifically to list on BrandBucket. I have (or will be) dropping at least 200 domains, as smart as I thought I was, I clearly wasn't!

I currently have 750+ names on BrandBucket (added a lot in the last few weeks).

I would have had 1,000+ names on BrandBucket had I not sold off some published names.

Almost 500 names were listed free via the voting system.

Over 500 names cost me under $4 (thanks GoDaddy and Domain.com!).

My acceptance rate at BrandBucket is dismal, I'm currently running at a 32% acceptance rate. As I've learned what BB wants/accepts this has improved. I was getting 1 in 10 accepted at first, now it's more like 1 in 10 gets rejected.

My one year bottom line is:
Revenue from BB @ $20,000
Revenue from end user sales made myself @ $14,000
Revenue from one off sale of BB published names @ $4,000
Revenue from various sales of BB published names @ $2,500
Revenue from one off sale of BB rejected names @ $8,000
Revenue from various sales of BB rejected names @ $500

$49,000

Poop! I didn't quite make that $50K. There is my motivation for this year!

Good luck to all other BBers too :D
Thanks for the post, I would also like to know how much names you have sold on BB the whole year.

•••
Thanks @JimJammy for this valuable post. So you made up $49,000 in revenue and that's awesome, but what about the profit? Is it still worth playing the number game?
I don't separate my day-to-day domain banking from my brandable banking so it's hard to give you an exact figure. I'm guessing $10Kish has been withdrawn into my household bank account with the remaining funds reinvested into renewals and building the 750+ BB portfolio I have now.

Thanks for the post, I would also like to know how much names you have sold on BB the whole year.
12. I started with 1 name and built up to 450+ quite slowly. I currently have 750 names. I've recently just added 250-300 names.

Last edited:
•••
I don't separate my day-to-day domain banking from my brandable banking so it's hard to give you an exact figure. I'm guessing $10Kish has been withdrawn into my household bank account with the remaining funds reinvested into renewals and building the 750+ BB portfolio I have now.

12. I started with 1 name and built up to 450+ quite slowly. I currently have 750 names. I've recently just added 250-300 names.

Very nice JimJammy!

•••
Thanks for sharing @JimJammy, from your rise in acceptance rate alone you have proved to be a quick learner :)
Well done!

•••

@JimJammy Do you think tracking all bb sales since June 2015 contributed to your success? That's some very valuable aggregated data, and I thank you for sharing some of it with me earlier this year.

I only mention this because I assume @michaeljkrell also has access to sold domains, and if so, I believe that the knowledge of sales trends adds a competitive advantage that not all are privy to.

Last edited:
•••
Just a question

How long does it take until BB confirm a sale ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back