Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is funny how everyone demands BB to be transparent....yet sellers need to be secretive.

I am electing to ignore you going forward. I have strong reasons to believe that you are on NP for specific reason of attacking anyone who has BB related concerns and I don't want to waste my time responding to you.

•••
How do you avoid paying BB listing fees on expired domains that were previously published on BB?

I assume you email BB and ask them to republish the domain (waivering the $10 fee)?

•••
How do you avoid paying BB listing fees on expired domains that were previously published on BB?

I assume you email BB and ask them to republish the domain (waivering the $10 fee)?
It happens automatically.

If you try and add a name in the usual way and it says something like 'this domain already exists' (I can't remember the exact phrase}, then email [email protected] and ask them to transfer the domain xxxx.com into your account. I would also include a link to the whois for their ease. It will just appear in your account in the same state it was in by the previous owner (published or not published).

•••
It happens automatically.

If you try and add a name in the usual way and it says something like 'this domain already exists' (I can't remember the exact phrase}, then email [email protected] and ask them to transfer the domain xxxx.com into your account. I would also include a link to the whois for their ease. It will just appear in your account in the same state it was in by the previous owner (published or not published).
I am not sure if it works like this. I tried an expired name (not currently registered) but was once listed and the message said it was a valid name. Same message appears (valid) if you type in a name that was once sold.

•••
Adding keywords is a whole other issue that "The Director" uses to his advantage. Most "regular" sellers have around 10 keywords per domain. On many of the names I looked at Krell sometimes has as many as 40 or more keywords per domain. His keywords are double, triple, quadruple what yours are. You do the math, how many more times will his names show up in searches than yours?

Does this account for the crazy sales rate that no one else has? I'm no mathematician but I would say a resounding Yes. You can't look at names he recently added because he has not had time to add in new keywords. Look at his names that have been already in the system for a month or more and you will see massive amounts of keywords added. I'm sure we will get the typical response to not question his integrity but facts are facts. The screenshot below shows one of his names with 40 keywords. 40!! If he can have 40 keywords then everybody should be able to have 40 keywords also.

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplowShow attachment 31102

I will be honest... your post was TRICKY enough that I almost considered liking it :P

I went to mediaplow's profile on BB, and I could NOT find another listing with anywhere near 40 keywords... Yes I looked deep. As of now you are using a one off example and pretending like it is the status quo... Which is very misleading.

•••
I am not sure if it works like this. I tried an expired name (not currently registered) but was once listed and the message said it was a valid name. Same message appears (valid) if you type in a name that was once sold.
It's always happened like this in the past for me, but send them an email. Julia, their support is always super helpful :).

•••
I went to mediaplow's profile on BB, and I could NOT find another listing with anywhere near 40 keywords... Yes I looked deep. As of now you are using a one off example and pretending like it is the status quo... Which is very misleading.

Thank you for looking into this @Domainzy Will you share more of what you found? Is there an average amount of tags per domain? I don't want to waste my valuable time on this if you have already conducted this study.

If we knew an average amount of tags, we could use this as a standard number, to use to evaluate against the number of tags our domains have. A general standard of uniformity would be helpful, in my version, of the ideal marketplace. There are always exceptions, but these are things I feel like a marketplace should spend their time worrying about rather than adding thousands of domains to their personal accounts without considering the ripple effects..

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for looking into this @Domainzy Will you share more of what you found? Is there an average amount of tags per domain? I don't want to waste my valuable time on this if you have already conducted this study.

No, I haven't. Please feel free. Looking at my own portfolios I noticed that the average was 1-2 lines of blue keywords.. So about 15 to 20ish keywords.

•••
I will be honest... your post was TRICKY enough that I almost considered liking it :P

If we knew an average amount of tags, we could use this as a standard number, to use to evaluate against the number of tags our domains have. A general standard of uniformity would be helpful, in my version, of the ideal marketplace. There are always exceptions, but these are things I feel like a marketplace should spend their time worrying about rather than adding thousands of domains to their personal accounts..

I checked 20 of my names and 20 of Krells names on page 6 of both my and Krells portfolio site and krell had no more keyword tagged to his names than I had for my names - I have a lot of names with between 20 and 30 tags

•••
I checked 20 of my names and 20 of Krells names on page 6 of both my and Krells portfolio site and krell had no more keyword tagged to his names than I had for my names - I have a lot of names with between 20 and 30 tags
I just did the same here. A complete random spot check on around 20 of my names and 20 of Krells. Same findings.

•••
No, I haven't. Please feel free. Looking at my own portfolios I noticed that the average was 1-2 lines of blue keywords.. So about 15 to 20ish keywords.

This would take a lot of time, as I don't have backend access to BB. I was hoping the backend system had a way to count tags per domain, then you could group this by seller, then figure out average amount of tags per seller. This could be further broken down to amount of tags to premium domains, and/or audit the tags of sold domains to help understand more about the sale. If I get around to it, I'll have a buddy write a script to scrape BB for tags and run a full audit, if you're asking for help.

Thanks for checking! I appreciate the nonbiased page 6 approach for sample data randomization.

•••

I'm a BB ambassador and most of my keywords average one line of keywords! And when I checked my keywords for D/e/t/o/x/a/b/l/e(2) and D/r/o/n/e/a/bl/y (0)! Plus they both have zero possible business uses! LOL!

So I guess I am getting special treatment! :P HAHA!

I just wanted to point out that BB does make mistakes sometimes and it's always a good idea to check to make sure your listed domains HAVE keywords and possible business uses!.... If not... Simply email Julia at: [email protected]

Cheers!

•••
This thread has had numerous post moved and/or deleted in the past week.
Please keep content in mind when posting and make sure it belongs in this thread.

Thanks!

•••
I'm a BB ambassador and most of my keywords average one line of keywords! And when I checked my keywords for D/e/t/o/x/a/b/l/e(2) and D/r/o/n/e/a/bl/y (0)! Plus they both have zero possible business uses! LOL!

So I guess I am getting special treatment! :P HAHA!

I just wanted to point out that BB does make mistakes sometimes and it's always a good idea to check to make sure your listed domains HAVE keywords and possible business uses!.... If not... Simply email Julia at: [email protected]

Cheers!
Most users average one line of keywords which is around 10 and maybe a bit more. Most of @JimJammy names average about 10 also and some more but no where near what his does. Below are some I randomly found of Krell's with how many keywords per name. Obviously the more keywords a name has the more chance you have that the name will be found when searched and the more chance you have to sell it.

Why should anyone have a distinct advantage over anyone else if it's a true level playing field. Take the info anyway you like because I could care less but one would assume that when something like this is brought up you would want answers. I'm giving you the facts so get the answers. I know you think it is unfair and that is why you actually looked to see how many keywords your names have because if it's true that he has double, triple, quadruple what you have then something is very wrong. That is why you almost liked the post in the first place. You can be blind if you want but like I said facts are facts.

EVERDUTY 29

CODEPEDAL 26

SMARTCAPTAIN 25

LOVERAISER 40

TRAVELBATCH 27

FUNDSECRET 35

TRACKINGROBOT 26

SCALINGFAST 33

SLEEPLOGICS 27

UNITYCAMP 27

TARGETWATCH 26

ELITEFOLDER 37

CYCLEPULSE 30

BOLDFUNDS 32

KEEPMODE 28

LUXURYSPRING 35

DYNOSTACK 30

PUMPTAP 41

LOGICSENTRY 31

TAPVENTURES 34

TARGETCART 32

BUDDYCROWD 37

STABLEIQ 33

BOOSTAPPEAL 30

VERYSOLD 30

URGENTLOAD 33

CAPITALNOTE 33

CAPITALSCOUTS 31

BLAZINGCODE 34

APPCLOAK 29

SWAGSTACK 36

PRIMEGAIN 33

STARTUPCOLLAB 30

CHARGEWALLET 31

INFINITEMODE 31

VENTUREVUE 31

RANKMETRIC 36

CRAFTVENTURES 31

ELITEPROGRESS 40

STACKFIRST 32

LARGECHARGE 40

CLOAKDRIVE 37

MEDICALSURGE 37

HATCHDRIVE 35

•••
Like I said in my post you can't choose names that have just been added into the system because he/they have not had time yet to go back and add more keywords. Names on page 6 of your portfolio are names that have been there for many months. Page 6 would be going back about 300 domains. Page 6 of Krell's portfolio which is also going back about 300 domains would be domains that he added a couple of days ago. Comparing your page 6 to his page 6 isn't even a comparison in the same amount of time those names have been live. Go deeper into the portfolios where there has been plenty of time to add more keywords and your thoughts I'm sure will be much different.

Last edited:
•••
Good to know. I guess there is no standard. I have 13, 17, 20 etc.

•••
48 of your last 100 posts are about BrandBucket, or calling out BB or Michael Krell directly on various 'issues' that you have.

When I was BrandBucket or bust, I was close minded and did not like reading what @hookbox had to say. I have learned to listen to all with an open mind, yet be weary, and question where the info is coming from. I assume @hookbox is a brandable domainer who considered using BrandBucket, and didn't like what they saw. They have brought forth many details and facts to light that as an investor, I greatly appreciate.

Thank you @JimJammy for questioning their motive, but personally, I believe it's besides the point. There is lots of great free QA in @hookbox brandbucket posts. Since they aren't directly invested with BrandBucket, they have no motive to put BrandBucket on a you can do no wrong pedestal based off of reseller and fanboy hype.

•••
I have checked a few of my names randomly and the result is pretty sad:

•••
I have checked a few of my names randomly and the result is pretty sad:

I am as sad as you are.

•••
Most users average one line of keywords which is around 10 and maybe a bit more. Most of @JimJammy names average about 10 also and some more but no where near what his does. Below are some I randomly found of Krell's with how many keywords per name. Obviously the more keywords a name has the more chance you have that the name will be found when searched and the more chance you have to sell it.

Why should anyone have a distinct advantage over anyone else if it's a true level playing field. Take the info anyway you like because I could care less but one would assume that when something like this is brought up you would want answers. I'm giving you the facts so get the answers. I know you think it is unfair and that is why you actually looked to see how many keywords your names have because if it's true that he has double, triple, quadruple what you have then something is very wrong. That is why you almost liked the post in the first place. You can be blind if you want but like I said facts are facts.

EVERDUTY 29

CODEPEDAL 26

SMARTCAPTAIN 25

LOVERAISER 40

TRAVELBATCH 27

FUNDSECRET 35

TRACKINGROBOT 26

SCALINGFAST 33

SLEEPLOGICS 27

UNITYCAMP 27

TARGETWATCH 26

ELITEFOLDER 37

CYCLEPULSE 30

BOLDFUNDS 32

KEEPMODE 28

LUXURYSPRING 35

DYNOSTACK 30

PUMPTAP 41

LOGICSENTRY 31

TAPVENTURES 34

TARGETCART 32

BUDDYCROWD 37

STABLEIQ 33

BOOSTAPPEAL 30

VERYSOLD 30

URGENTLOAD 33

CAPITALNOTE 33

CAPITALSCOUTS 31

BLAZINGCODE 34

APPCLOAK 29

SWAGSTACK 36

PRIMEGAIN 33

STARTUPCOLLAB 30

CHARGEWALLET 31

INFINITEMODE 31

VENTUREVUE 31

RANKMETRIC 36

CRAFTVENTURES 31

ELITEPROGRESS 40

STACKFIRST 32

LARGECHARGE 40

CLOAKDRIVE 37

MEDICALSURGE 37

HATCHDRIVE 35

I just looked at all my domains with the most keywords:

#1) - 41 keywords
#2) - 35 keywords
#3) - 31 keywords

These 3 domains are TWO WORDS. Notice that almost all the domains you posted from MediaPlow are two words...

Conclusion: Brandable domains with 2 root words usually have more keywords. MUB/suffix domains only have one root word so less keywords.

Cheers!

•••
Conclusion: Brandable domains with 2 root words usually have more keywords. MUB/suffix domains only have one root word so less keywords.

So to clarify, all domains with
2 root words ie 90-95% of MediaPlow, have more searchable tags than made up brandable domains?

upload_2016-5-22_17-58-26.png

Above screenshot from TLDInvestors.com

Is it possible the amount of searchable tags relates to April sales? To answer, audit the tags of all sold domains.

upload_2016-5-22_17-52-18.png

Questions to ask about sales:

1) Do 2 root word domains receive more targeted traffic more easily identifiable directly by the enduser? ie ColorTreeLLC buys ColorTree from BB for $X,XXX

2) Do more tags make the domain more searchable in BB's internal search? ie easier to find.

3) Other questions...

Last edited:
•••
I just looked at all my domains with the most keywords:

#1) - 41 keywords
#2) - 35 keywords
#3) - 31 keywords

These 3 domains are TWO WORDS. Notice that almost all the domains you posted from MediaPlow are two words...

Cheers!

I see the same pattern in my portfolio, but some of the other names still have over 20 keyword tagged - I have a keyword ending in sy with 27 tags and a 6L invented with 35 tags

•••

So to clarify, all domains with
2 root words ie 90-95% of MediaPlow, have more searchable tags than made up brandable domains?

Show attachment 31205
Above screenshot from TLDInvestors.com

Is it possible the amount of searchable tags relates to April sales? To answer, audit the tags of all sold domains.

Questions to ask about sales:

1) Do 2 root word domains receive more targeted traffic more easily identifiable directly by the enduser? ie ColorTreeLLC buys ColorTree from BB for $X,XXX

2) Do more tags make the domain more searchable in BB's internal search? ie easier to find.

3) Other questions...

Good point - I think this may be a contributing factor to keyword selling better

•••
I have a keyword ending in sy with 27 tags
Does keyword + sy domain have a keyword with lots of synonyms?

As a former description writer for a brandable marketplace, I found it easier to create tags for a keyword such as 'true' with more synonyms vs a keyword such as 'lion' with less synonyms.
true.JPG

VS

lion.JPG

•••
Does keyword + sy domain have a keyword with lots of synonyms?

As a former description writer for a brandable marketplace, I found it easier to create tags for a keyword such as 'true' with more synonyms vs a keyword such as 'lion' with less synonyms.

It's hard to say - I only get 19 synonyms for the keyword when I search

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back