NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also from my calculation I feel that brandbucket new seller dashboard is misleading and if time permits me I should make a detail post explaining why I believe it's misleading.

•••
I get what you are saying about the costs such as listing fees. However we need to remember that BB is a business and has operating expenses.
For example, how many hours are they spending reviewing domains particularly rejected domains? They receive no money for this service...which is a major cost. What about the work they put in to write a description for every accepted domain? What about the work involved in uploading images and approving/rejecting logos?

My point is they need to be paid upfront for these services at least from a cash flow perspective.

As you know relying on sales to manage their cashflow is not a good business model.

What about my question to you. You mentioned: "we can still"... I feel it should have been "I can still"...

•••
There are about 1000+ sellers on BB with only about avg 48 sellers generating sales each month. That is to say the system works well for only about 4.8% of bb sellers. Should sellers really rely on brandbucket? Do you have any comment about this?
As I said, if you feel BB is not looking after you, you can always sell your domains on your own site or try some of the other auction sites. However, the chances of making a sale, let alone a sale over $1K is almost impossible. Of course I am not referring to domains that sell on their own. A good domain will sell on any platform.

•••
As I said, if you feel BB is not looking after you, you can always sell your domains on your own site or try some of the other auction sites. However, the chances of making a sale, let alone a sale over $1K is almost impossible. Of course I am not referring to domains that sell on their own. A good domain will sell on any platform.

Should the remaining Avg of 95.2% sellers who don't make sales sell their domain else where or submit more domains to bb as you kind of suggested?

•••
I noticed from the newsletter that keywords continue to outperform invented words on BB.
However I still believe it is much easier to hand register an invented word than it is to hand register a keyword/s.

Yes, keyword domains tend to have more specific enduser searches. It's easier to find something like A/n/a/l/o/g/C/l/o/u/d.com on your own without having to know domainer secret and rare combination of domains like CVAAV such as Q/o/d/d/o.com which need a brandable marketplace to be discovered. We need BrandBucket to do a better job of selling are made up brandables, or we have to begin to ask questions as @equity78 suggests...
Look I just think people either have to say I trust Margot and Michael and I believe they are earning their keep, or this is nonsense $10 + 30% + Logo fee + Exclusivity.

It is my personal opinion that because @michaeljkrell is heavily involved with keyword domains, he is defining the definition of keyword domains, and those who have tracked successful keywords that fit into his view of a keyword brandable domain. Since brandable domains are very subjective, we are all entitled to our opinion. Until further questions are answered, I stand by my assumptions.

BB has obviously done a sensational job in attracting end users whereas the other platforms predominantly entertain other domainers.

What I'm effectively proposing is that because MK and other BB insiders are playing from an unfair advantage by setting the price by possibly flipping a coin and/or evaluating based off of quality to determine premium domains. Furthermore, the more keyword domains added as premium domains or added in general, takes away from the set amount of brandable buyers BB can successful bring in organically vs losing a sale to their ranking competitors who isn't watered down by the 29,000+ other BB options.

What I love about BB is that we can still hand register a domain and if we're lucky we can make $2-$3K profit within a short time.

Please be careful, if this is your firm expectation. I mean this with no disrespect.

BrandBucket's original vote for free listing fee trained me to become a made up brandable domainer, where it is easier to believe in the hand reg dream. The rules were changed mid way through the game, and I'm letting them know I'm not happy about it, and the system they have allowed to become by not regulating the reseller market. They have a moral and social obligation to make this right. I'm patiently waiting to see how they approach this sensitive issue.

•••
I'm new to domaining and after submitting 26 domains 4 were accepted, but IMO some of those that got rejected are good ones like: Lycho//com, Telery//com, Kishky//com, Vivinto//com, Surindo//com.

Do I have more chance for listing them with other marketplaces?
If you were an "insider" imo Telery.com would NEVER have been rejected.

•••
Should the remaining Avg of 95.2% sellers who don't make sales sell their domain else where or submit more domains to bb as you kind of suggested?

The 95% that aren't selling should stop submitting new domains, and study the strategies used by the remaining 5%.

If you follow the clues that were detailed in the recent newsletter you may find yourself in the 5% club.

•••
The 95% that aren't selling should stop submitting new domains, and study the strategies used by the remaining 5%.

If you follow the clues that were detailed in the recent newsletter you may find yourself in the 5% club.

Have you ever dealt with customers to know how undecided they can become when several other options are presented to them? Clearly you can't at this point suggest that does who don't sales as much as the 5% has an undesirable domain or do you still stand by this assumption of yours?

•••
However we need to remember that BB is a business and has operating expenses.

You have to remember as a domainer that your are now a small business owner yourself. You can unionize with other sellers if you're selling on an exclusive marketplace if you believe you are being mistreated. You have operating expenses just as they do.

For example, how many hours are they spending reviewing domains particularly rejected domains?

How many hours do you spend looking through expired domains, and learning everything you can to become a better domainer? Do you spend hours writing description in the notes for those rejected domains? They have over XXX sellers. That's a lot of our aggregated data. Is it fair for them to allow their best sellers to use this privy data to compete against us?

They receive no money for this service...which is a major cost.

You receive no money if you don't sell your domains with BB either. First you are out cost of domain. Then cost of listing fee, which you can't list elsewhere (although some people do). Next you are out a annual renewal fee when and/or if they fail to sell your domain.. Apply these numbers to the portfolio of a volume domainer, and ask yourself what are you major costs?

What about the work they put in to write a description for every accepted domain?

Some of us suggest quality descriptions ourselves. I gave up when I noticed only some writers would adhere to my recommendation.

What about the work involved in uploading images and approving/rejecting logos?

That's what I thought listing fee + logo success fee was for. I was sadly mistaken.

My point is they need to be paid upfront for these services at least from a cash flow perspective.

As you know relying on sales to manage their cashflow is not a good business model.

This is the same point I'm proposing to you you. Does the value of your domain alone, some of us buy expired domains for $XXX-$X,XXX, and type in traffic mean nothing? Affiliate and parking programs are part of the lasting industry. Why doesn't GoDaddy charge for listing fee's? They understand as a company, their business model is more domains = more sales. Does BrandBucket have the buyers like GoDaddy to support this model? Eventually listing fee's will not matter if a reselling market fully dissipates because the annual rate of return does not yield enough in renewal fee's to maintain a large portfolio of brandbucket invested domains.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe contact BB as an end user customer and ask them to suggest a name from their marketplace based on your sector. You reckon they will recommend a name that fits your description (from any seller) or will they coerce you to buy a domains owned by the insiders.

•••
Maybe contact BB as an end user customer and ask them to suggest a name from their marketplace based on your sector. You reckon they will recommend a name that fits your description (from any seller) or will they coerce you to buy a domains owned by the insiders.

This is a widely proposed theory held by other sellers. This does not directly relate to my proposed concerns.

edit to show OP wasn't directed towards me. I resubmitted the need to clarify this due to past concerns.

Last edited:
•••

What is the 5% club? I've sold 3 BrandBucket domains. Another seller I spoke with also sold 3 domains and has the same 1st column percentage as me.

upload_2016-5-19_5-16-16.png

•••
This is a widely proposed theories by other sellers. This does not directly relate to my proposed concerns.
It was aimed at DMBolt.

•••
•••
•••
According to Margot's (BB owner) Domain Sherpa Interview the average acceptance rate is 20%. So your 16% acceptance is quite good for a first timer. You can try submitting you names to another marketplace. Each one appears to have their own angle and customer base so you may get some accepted there. Another option is to list them (I suggest low $XXX BIN) on GD premium, Afternic, SEDO etc.

Hope that's helpful.

Keith
Is that the same interview where she ( para phrase) pretty mush says " they should be happy getting $2000 for a name they ( the BB seller) paid $8 for " Could she be anymore insulting?

•••
I use real data which has guided me fruitfully not hypothesis or clues.
That's great. Then you must be in the privileged 5% group of sellers??

•••
•••
That's great. Then you must be in the privileged 5% group of sellers??

Not on brandbucket. However, brandbucket sales stats are crucial for our performance. To acquire such intelligence on one own can be expensive especially for newbies. Whereas on brandbucket there about 30,000+ listed with avg 60 sales per month. I think you get my point. M.Krell can better explain why he is able to clock about 18+ sales per month.

Last edited:
•••
brandbucket sales stats are crucial for our performance. To acquire such intelligence on one own can be expensive especially for newbies. Whereas on brandbucket there about 30,000+ listed with avg 60 sales per month. I think you get my point. M.Krell can better explain why he is able to clock about 18+ sales per month.

I raise the question: Has any one seller, besides managing directior @michaeljkrell who not receiving FREE listing fee's sold 18 or more domains in one year with BrandBucket?

Proportionate sales is crucial for steady, and healthy marketplace GROWTH. This is especially important to those outsiders who invest in exclusive marketplace listing fee's

ie: the 'pay to play' into and exclusive pyramid type listing fee / appraisal scheme that is hyped by insider sales and the promise of a hand reg dream.

Last edited:
•••
@michaeljkrell I don't have any experience yet with BB since they keep rejecting my submissions , I have listed over 30 domain names that have been picked professionally and your staff keep rejecting them , the funny thing is that I've sold some of those domains for more than what I was expecting from BB. Can you please clarify why Gridlytic got accepted while cleverbound & flirtwallet got rejected ?

•••
@michaeljkrell I don't have any experience yet with BB since they keep rejecting my submissions , I have listed over 30 domain names that have been picked professionally and your staff keep rejecting them , the funny thing is that I've sold some of those domains for more than what I was expecting from BB. Can you please clarify why Gridlytic got accepted while cleverbound & flirtwallet got rejected ?

We need more people like you who believe in their knowledge.

•••

Would you like to know how your rejected bb domains which eventually got sold ranks with the list of bb sold domains?

•••
M.Krell can better explain why he is able to clock about 18+ sales per month.
I can answer that.

If I was Mr Krell I would be devastated if I only sold 18 domains in April.

Think about it....He has over 5000 domains listed on BB....and only made 18 sales???

That is less than 4%....His profit barely covers his registration renewals.

Surely if he has 5000 listed domains, he probably has another 15000 unlisted?

Can you imagine his renewal costs?

Last edited:
•••
Would you like to know how your rejected bb domains which eventually got sold ranks with the list of bb sold domains?
In fact I would like to know who is responsible for approving domain names , and how much experience they have? how much sales have they made with brandable domains? I always check the new submissions and some are not that good yet they got approved. I'm speaking as a buyer , I prefer to use a paid service to pick me a brandable domain for my startup projects than go and pay 4k$ for an ugly domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back