IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats to everyone on the sales, when do we think BrandBucket hits 20,000 names ? That is a milestone, that could be reached in a couple months, maybe quicker if there are still a lot of free credits out there.
30 Days. 1,000 every 10 days.

•••
@zozypapa How long ago was your sale prior to these sales?

•••
Well yes I guess if you pick really bad names I can see why you would need the structure. Though the "game" is exactly the same to me regardless of spending profit or investment. IMO all money is mine, I don't keep it in different wallets and pretend they are different types of money. It's only profit in the end. I guess i'm just super confident in my selections and don't buy "really bad names". Like I said, if it works for you, good, it would be way to limiting for me. I'm also a gambler and much prefer/trust the "whim", as long as I haven't been drinking etc. I learned not to do that long ago.

•••
Buying domains only with profits could make a person lose good opportunities. But at the same time, I think it is good to have a budget and respect it. Which too can make a person lose good opportunities.

Many newbies (like me) will be hit hard when their 200-300 domains have to be renewed. It is important to anticipate that expense before it arrives.

•••
•••
Buying domains only with profits could make a person lose good opportunities. But at the same time, I think it is good to have a budget and respect it. Which too can make a person lose good opportunities.

Many newbies (like me) will be hit hard when their 200-300 domains have to be renewed. It is important to anticipate that expense before it arrives.
"Brandables" made up words or even two made up words are in no shape manner or form an "investment" they are a lotto ticket-nothing else. Buying a NNN or LLL.com is an investment. If your made up name doesn't sell on BB or one of its competitors-go try to sell it and see what happens. You will never sell them consistently outside of BB or a company like BB-thus they are not an investment.

•••
"Brandables" made up words or even two made up words are in no shape manner or form an "investment" they are a lotto ticket-nothing else. Buying a NNN or LLL.com is an investment. If your made up name doesn't sell on BB or one of its competitors-go try to sell it and see what happens. You will never sell them consistently outside of BB or a company like BB-thus they are not an investment.

I understand your point of view as brandable don't gain in value over time. But in my mind, if you buy something in life with the intention of reselling it for a profit, then it is an investment.

Yes madeup words are more of a lotto ticket, but they are selling everyday on many marketplaces so they are investments too.

•••
Lotto ticket implies they have no intrinsic value, but rather by chance, could potentially have value.

Brandables are without a doubt definitely an investment -- if I can't sell my domain on Brand Bucket, I can sure as hell pawn it off on someone at NamePros for $5.

Unless it's a horrible brandable. In which case, it's just a bad investment.

•••
I understand your point of view as brandable don't gain in value over time. But in my mind, if you buy something in life with the intention of reselling it for a profit, then it is an investment.

Yes madeup words are more of a lotto ticket, but they are selling everyday on many marketplaces so they are investments too.
I couldn't disagree more but that's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors-everyone's different-but best of luck to you. And by the way-with each passing year,each passing renewal fee and each name added to BB or their competitors your "investment" decreases in value it doesn't increase. That's why they're lotto tickets not investments.

•••

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-defines-a-liquid-brandable.872302/

I made a post responding to this as it doesn't really have much to do with the BrandBucket experience, but is an interesting topic.

•••
Well yes I guess if you pick really bad names I can see why you would need the structure. Though the "game" is exactly the same to me regardless of spending profit or investment. IMO all money is mine, I don't keep it in different wallets and pretend they are different types of money. It's only profit in the end. I guess i'm just super confident in my selections and don't buy "really bad names". Like I said, if it works for you, good, it would be way to limiting for me. I'm also a gambler and much prefer/trust the "whim", as long as I haven't been drinking etc. I learned not to do that long ago.

It's called being disciplined. To each their own.

I now own over 200 4 letter .com's and most of them are on BB or BR. They are all bought with domain profits. Domain investing makes up 5% of my entire investment portfolio. Domains are still a hobby for me.

•••
Yeah, my grandparents use that word a lot too, maybe its a generational thing. The only discipline I like is in the bedroom. Also a hobby here, wont be anything else no matter what I sell.

•••

This is simply incorrect and in fact there's a whole army of domainers that is heavily invested in brandables that deliberately stays away from the brandable marketplaces, mainly because they believe the 30% commission is too high and they don't like to list their names somewhere with exclusivity. I personally sold plenty of what I consider brandable domains outside of BB and BR (which are the only two marketplaces that matter currently in the brandable space). To give you some examples, during the last two years i've sold:

CloudCaptain
Emore
Ettio
FoxPaw
HomeworkHero
InsuranceCat
Irengo
PixelSearch
OnePhonecall
Vestu

All these sold for between $750 and $3,500 through email inquiries, for sale landing pages and Afternic.

Edit: lottery tickets are for ppl that hope to get lucky. It has nothing to do with investing in domain names imo.

Last edited:
•••
Happy to report another BB sale. It is my second within the last couple of months or so..

11 names published/active while this one sold.

Low $x,xxx

Happy face.

•••
Congrats @Nazz!

If you've sold more than 1 with a portfolio of < 20 names, I'd say you're choosing some high-quality names.

•••
What were the names that sold lately?

•••
Thanks @ApeXX

At the time of my first sale, I had 3 names published (including the one that sold)..

I have mentioned before, QOQ; quality over quantity.

•••
This is simply incorrect and in fact there's a whole army of domainers that is heavily invested in brandables that deliberately stays away from the brandable marketplaces, mainly because they believe the 30% commission is too high and they don't like to list their names somewhere with exclusivity. I personally sold plenty of what I consider brandable domains outside of BB and BR (which are the only two marketplaces that matter currently in the brandable space). To give you some examples, during the last two years i've sold:

CloudCaptain
Emore
Ettio
FoxPaw
HomeworkHero
InsuranceCat
Irengo
PixelSearch
OnePhonecall
Vestu

All these sold for between $750 and $3,500 through email inquiries, for sale landing pages and Afternic.

Edit: lottery tickets are for ppl that hope to get lucky. It has nothing to do with investing in domain names imo.
Doron-If I recall correctly you own about 350 "brandables" at renewal fess of about $4000 per year. The average "investor" here will NEVER sell these made up names outside of BB or BR on a consistent basis-i'm not talking about you-a professional-im talking about the average person here. It simply won't happen. I challenge anyone that's not a full time professional on this thread to list consistent sales ( not one or two offs) of made up words or "investments" as they've been called here that were not sold by BB or one of it's competitors and to list how many names they had to buy and throw away to get those names that sold. You'll then have the real ROI. To call these names "investments" is absurd.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @ApeXX

At the time of my first sale, I had 3 names published (including the one that sold)..

I have mentioned before, QOQ; quality over quantity.

QOQ ahahaa, that's one way to remember it lol

•••
•••
17,144 names as of this writing. Looks like an additional 100 names per day is correct. Obviously making the first 5 pages or so is very important now as is a great logo that stands out.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

I sold my 9th name a few days ago. It was regged back in April 2015. I have 9 sales since Sept 2014 with 76 published names, most of which were added to the marketplace last summer. I've been selling almost monthly and I share some names with my business partner in another profile. We have around 4 or 5 sales from his profile if I remember correctly. Some names that were rejected by BrandBucket were sold in BrandRoot, and the contrary. I managed to sell other names via Sedo. Most of my sold names were hand-regged after research, some were discovered in GD close-out lists and others were caught via Pheenix.

No matter the number of names currently published on BrandBucket, if a buyer knows what he wants, he will do the search, browse a few pages with names related to his keywords, find and buy your name. Also, half of the names I've sold have a slightly different logo now.

Regards,
dpan

•••
Hi guys,

I sold my 9th name a few days ago. It was regged back in April 2015. I have 9 sales since Sept 2014 with 76 published names, most of which were added to the marketplace last summer. I've been selling almost monthly and I share some names with my business partner in another profile. We have around 4 or 5 sales from his profile if I remember correctly. Some names that were rejected by BrandBucket were sold in BrandRoot, and the contrary. I managed to sell other names via Sedo. Most of my sold names were hand-regged after research, some were discovered in GD close-out lists and others were caught via Pheenix.

No matter the number of names currently published on BrandBucket, if a buyer knows what he wants, he will do the search, browse a few pages with names related to his keywords, find and buy your name. Also, half of the names I've sold have a slightly different logo now.

Regards,
dpan
Thanks for this post. I think your logos-as a whole-are the very best ive seen for one account on BrandBucket-they look great. May I ask about how many names you had to submit to get those 76 names you have on BB published? Thank you.

•••
I'm not sure what others here think of this idea but if BB had some sort of way for sellers to "push" a name into another BB account,just as you can with GoDaddy free of charge, if they decide to sell it to another BB member for $50 or $100 or whatever to reduce costs this would be great for all parties concerned. BB would retain the listing and sellers can reduce some costs as would the potential buyers knowing they have an approved name now in their BB portfolio. Some sellers are simply better at picking names than others and have a much higher approval rate. In other words create a fluid trading market for these names with and between BB sellers. Perhaps you can already do this-if so please comment.

•••
I'm not sure what others here think of this idea but if BB had some sort of way for sellers to "push" a name into another BB account,just as you can with GoDaddy free of charge, if they decide to sell it to another BB member for $50 or $100 or whatever to reduce costs this would be great for all parties concerned. BB would retain the listing and sellers can reduce some costs as would the potential buyers knowing they have an approved name now in their BB portfolio. Some sellers are simply better at picking names than others and have a much higher approval rate. In other words create a fluid trading market for these names with and between BB sellers. Perhaps you can already do this-if so please comment.

No problem - Just mail them and they will push it to another account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back