IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Releasing other sales data is on the table, but at this point we won't be releasing specific sales numbers.

For me, transparency is a sign that things are going well but cherry picked stats is not a good sign.

•••
For me, transparency is a sign that things are going well but cherry picked stats is not a good sign.

Private companies do not publish sales numbers.
If we know how many names are selling each week, it would be a big step.

•••
:) With a background in php and front-end programming, I've never heard of it, and I can tell you my programming friends haven't heard about it.
To be exact "PAX is a patch for the Linux kernel that implements least privilege protections for memory pages" Be sure and tell your friends. lol

•••
As far as "releasing numbers" BrandBucket is a private company and under zero obligation to release any numbers at all. If you don't like it-as a seller you don't have to give them names. What they are under obligation to do is ,once accepted, get your names published in a speedy manor-which Michael Krell seems to be addressing now and I will say he acted on mine right away once he saw how long it was sitting so if you have an issue send him a PM.

•••
Michael Krell-is @BrandBucketUK ( Twitter "Launching soon") your/BB company? The reason I ask is-and correct me if im wrong-but many startups in the UK are using the .io extension and many many words are available in that extension but they are very expensive to hold. Also-does this mean we can resubmit our LondonSells.com? lol Thank you.

•••
•••
•••
don't know if anything changed, but happy to mention that 2 of my last 3 published names are on the first page which hadn't happened in a few months

•••
Sold L a u n c h M o n s t e r .com on BB today in the low-mid X,xxx range. This is my 10th sale with BB since April 2013 (when I created my account) and I have 97 remaining domains listed. This name was listed since 29 December 2014.

•••
Sold L a u n c h M o n s t e r .com on BB today in the low-mid X,xxx range. This is my 10th sale with BB since April 2013 (when I created my account) and I have 97 remaining domains listed. This name was listed since 29 December 2014.
Great name. Well worth the asking price and at least a couple thousand more. Congrats on the sale.

•••
As far as "releasing numbers" BrandBucket is a private company and under zero obligation to release any numbers at all. If you don't like it-as a seller you don't have to give them names. What they are under obligation to do is ,once accepted, get your names published in a speedy manor-which Michael Krell seems to be addressing now and I will say he acted on mine right away once he saw how long it was sitting so if you have an issue send him a PM.

We understand BB is a private company and is not obligated to provide sales numbers. However as an investor, when a company isn't transparent with their sales numbers I get suspicious and assume the worst: they aren't selling that much.

•••
Doron-congrats-you'll be listing your own name on your "startup" page on DNgeek! Question please-about 5% of your published names per year selling? Thank you!

•••
Also had a small sale today - I * R * O * N * F * U * N * D - for low X,XXX. 15th sale so far on BB, and this name was listed on Jul 1 2014.

•••
I sold S W I P E C L O U D , on BB last night... for low x,xxx. A LOOOONG sigh of relief, I look forward to more with BB :) Thanks Michael and the BB team!

•••
Wow! It is nice to see all these recent sales. Congrats to all of you.

As for me, no sales, but I can say BB is doing things much faster now.

On June 30th, I submitted StartPronto.com and I just received the email saying it was published.
Exactly 1 month from submission to publication.

And I noticed I have another domain submitted on June 26th that is now "Pending Publishing". So this one was very fast too has it will probably be published in the coming hours.

•••
Congrats all! It seems as summer is winding down perhaps the sales are starting to ramp up after all.

Let's wait and see if this trend continues..

•••
Michael-BB has Cloudus.com is listed for $13,900 other than this name is owned by Frank Shilling why is it priced so high as compared to the other much better "Cloud" names- it's not superior or a "premium" name. Thank you.

•••
Michael-BB has Cloudus.com is listed for $13,900 other than this name is owned by Frank Shilling why is it priced so high as compared to the other much better "Cloud" names- it's not superior or a "premium" name. Thank you.
Cloud US .... is a decent brandable, I sold on BB a couple of cloud domains in the 3K zone and are way worse than this one... Maybe 14K is a bit high, but think of this way, Cloud is a business offering more than a consumer one... Cloud Computing's advantage is the ability to scale, and thats an advantage geared towards serving business with growth uncertainty (key startups and Enterprise portals). Having said that, US is better than ME and its more of something addressing a business and not a single person, which makes CloudUS one of the top 10 still available cloud names...
I work personally as a Territory Manager for a Public Cloud company, and we have 1000s of partners, maybe CloudUS is better than most of these partners' business names.
Frank Shilling is a very nice person, and he has 12 high end brokers... I am sure he is just playing with some domains on BB and he has enough millions to not need to negotiate with Michael the listing fees for certain names!

•••
Doron-congrats-you'll be listing your own name on your "startup" page on DNgeek! Question please-about 5% of your published names per year selling? Thank you!

I know most of you in this thread obsess over these kind of percentages but each portfolio is different. I know sellers that sold more than half of the domains that they listed and there are also sellers that have 300 names listed without a single sale. In my opinion it comes down to the quality of the names and brandables isn't so much of a number games as some here seem to think. Going for quantity over quality is actually kind of dangerous if you consider you have to make significantly more sales with a "quantity" type of portfolio to cover renewal fees. I also disagree with the statement that all names accepted by BB are quality names. I also have a few names listed myself from which I will be very surprised if they ever sell.

•••
Good to see sales coming through for some regulars on this thread!

•••

Like @bazabizo mentioned. This might be on the high-side, but it is a very good cloud name.

The name is registered at Uniregistry, but this is not a FS name.

•••
Like @bazabizo mentioned. This might be on the high-side, but it is a very good cloud name.

The name is registered at Uniregistry, but this is not a FS name.
I didnt know that Frank Schilling sold Uniregistry but thank you for the reply.

•••
NP. Anyone can register a name at Uniregistry.

•••
Also had a small sale today - I * R * O * N * F * U * N * D - for low X,XXX. 15th sale so far on BB, and this name was listed on Jul 1 2014.
My guess would be it's the company who has the .net and iron/funds/com, they have many iron names like iron/financial, iron/holdings, iron/equity, iron/assetmanagement...

•••
We have the name FundClient.com waiting for a logo-hopefully in light of your sale it will be a good one but who knows. Congrats on your sale and good luck with your other names as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back