IT.COM

discuss Bodis, Uniregistry or Efty?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys can you share what service are you using for your landing pages? Does it really improves the conversions instead of having 2 step landing pages (Parking page leading to the contact page).

What is the best strategy to optimize the end user sales.

If someone has tried Bodis, Efty and Uniregistry can you share the experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks mods for moving the thread.

Guys can you please share your experience with parking vs direct landing pages.

If you witnessed increased conversions can you tell which service are you using for the landing pages ?

•••
I "made" $1.50 at Bodis with 200 names over the course of a year. Unfortunately, I couldnt cash in as the figure was too low. Switched to Efty and sold 4 names so far. A no brainer.

•••
When you say "conversions", are you talking about people clicking on ads or people actually buying your domain?

•••
I use my own sales pages as complete control then but if ya don't wanna do your own sales site...

Bodis sales pages are free (I've made sales there as well)
Efty has a month free trial and then a reasonable monthly fee

So you can easily test between your own and those 2 alternates to see which drives more leads/sales. I list all my domains at Sedo, Afternic etc... but always direct the domains to my own sales pages as most leads come in from the domain page so no sense giving your leads away when you can avoid commissions, gain buyer info and route to Payoneer Escrow, Escrow.com etc... direct.

I avoid directing domains to markets as buyer needs to create an account to submit an offer, Your domains are buried with hundreds of thousands or millions of others, most markets have their own portfolios to sell so a conflict of interest as your leads are just powering their end user database/future profits instead of your own.

Last edited:
•••
When you say "conversions", are you talking about people clicking on ads or people actually buying your domain?

People actually buying the domains.

•••
People actually buying the domains.

OK. I have about 500 names with Uniregistry BIN landers on them. They have not performed at all for me this year, as in I have not made one sale through them all year long. Last year was better, when I had about 400 names and made a sale every month-and-a-half or so.

•••
I do have Efty account, just wanted to know whats the best kind of page that makes it easy for the end users to send offers or buy them directly. Plus I want to have detailed stats about the domains and also want to share it in some cases with the end users, in efty its kinda hard to achieve that.

@SpareDomains can you share the custom platform that you are using?

I use my own sales pages as complete control then but if ya don't wanna do your own sales site...

Bodis sales pages are free (I've made sales there as well)
Efty has a month free trial and then a reasonable monthly fee

So you can easily test between your own and those 2 alternates to see which drives more leads/sales. I list all my domains at Sedo, Afternic etc... but always direct the domains to my own sales pages as most leads come in from the domain page so no sense giving your leads away when you can avoid commissions, gain buyer info and route to Payoneer Escrow, Escrow.com etc... direct.

I avoid directing domains to markets as buyer needs to create an account to submit an offer, Your domains are buried with hundreds of thousands or millions of others, most markets have their own portfolios to sell so a conflict of interest as your leads are just powering their end user database/future profits instead of your own.

•••
I'm currently testing Undeveloped on about 200 names as I really like their landing pages.

•••
I'm currently testing Undeveloped on about 200 names as I really like their landing pages.

Awesome @loredan best wishes for the sale :)

Do you have any experience with efty, uniregistry or bodis. Any specific reasons why you choose Undeveloped over other options?

•••
Awesome @loredan best wishes for the sale :)

Do you have any experience with efty, uniregistry or bodis. Any specific reasons why you choose Undeveloped over other options?

I am also testing with Undeveloped. I have used all three that you mentioned.

Efty for 30 days. Wasn't for me for various reason including payment options and customization level.
Uni for sales, didn't do much for me. Too many hurdles for buyers.
Bodis, made sales there but the offer form doesn't filter out scammers / fake buyers.

Undeveloped offers payments for buyers and the landers are clean and easy on the eye. They handle the payments and escrow so it's a better all-in-one option for me at the moment.

•••

I haven't used Efty so far so cannot say anything about their service.
I have used Uni and Bodis and I'm pretty much in the same boat with @creataweb and agreed with everything he said above.

I think Undeveloped has the most beautiful landing pages in the industry at the moment imo. Another important thing is that they offer monthly payments and I presume many potential buyers might choose this especially for the domains priced $x,xxx and above. I recently closed a sale where the buyer wanted to pay monthly, everything went fast and smooth, the lads at Undeveloped are really helpful.

DomainManage.com has beautiful landing pages as well, you may want to check them out.

Hope this helps...

•••
just wanted to know whats the best kind of page that makes it easy for the end users to send offers or buy them directly. Plus I want to have detailed stats about the domains and also want to share it in some cases with the end users.

Best pages are simple and clean and to the point. Which one you decide to use will be based on A/B/C/D testing to see which provides more leads/sales. For those that don't wanna do their own thing...

(Free, Can do make offer or buy it nows through Escrow.com)
http://blog.bodis.com/improved-domain-sale-landing-pages/

(Low Monthly Fee, Can do make offer or buy it nows through Payoneer Escrow or Escrow.com)
http://www.efty.com

For those with minimal technical skills various PHP Scripts or Wordpress Plugins out there as well...

https://codecanyon.net/item/this-domain-is-for-sale/4803543?s_rank=3
https://codecanyon.net/item/this-domain-is-for-sale-wordpress-plugin/8469865?s_rank=1
https://themeforest.net/item/domain-broker-2-landing-page-to-sell-domains/12578919
http://www.codester.com/index.php?url=items/preview/2027/domain-seller-domain-for-sale-php-script

So search around Code Canyon, ThemeForest, Codester etc.... to find the one that does what ya wan't and appears to be updated and not an abandoned project that hasn't been updated in years .

@SpareDomains can you share the custom platform that you are using?

Currently using an old PHP script that isn't around anymore to point ya to to buy it.
I've also used Bodis sales pages and made sales, toyed with Efty haven't made any sales there but haven't given it a full effort. I own the this domain is for sale php version and wordpress plugin along with a handful of other domain scripts, plugins etc... as I like to spend/waste? money and continuously toy around with tweaking/testing. :ROFL: Wordpress is easier for those without technical knowledge but obviously bloated and a target for malicious bots so gotta keep wordpress, plugins, security plugin etc... updated. Personally prefer PHP stand alone scripts as been running my own servers since 2003 and the malicious traffic coming in on my PHP scripts versus the Wordpress sites is basically non existent. Server load is way less as well. Bad guys write viruses for Windows cause majority of people use Windows. Wordpress common as well so plenty of bots looking for holes so gotta keep things secure if going that route.

Last edited:
•••
I haven't used Efty so far so cannot say anything about their service.
I have used Uni and Bodis and I'm pretty much in the same boat with @creataweb and agreed with everything he said above.

I think Undeveloped has the most beautiful landing pages in the industry at the moment imo. Another important thing is that they offer monthly payments and I presume many potential buyers might choose this especially for the domains priced $x,xxx and above. I recently closed a sale where the buyer wanted to pay monthly, everything went fast and smooth, the lads at Undeveloped are really helpful.

DomainManage.com has beautiful landing pages as well, you may want to check them out.

Hope this helps...

DomainManage.com does look very nice! Does anyone know what technology they're using? WordPress? Another CMS? Or custom coded? Very slick!

•••
DomainManage.com does look very nice! Does anyone know what technology they're using? WordPress? Another CMS? Or custom coded? Very slick!

I know that the landing page they use is very similar to a script you can buy for around $25. The backend has way more options and features than the script itself though. Looks to be a combination of custom work mixed with that script.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've used this DM as well so that's how I know what the backend has.

Last edited:
•••
I am currently using bodis and self testing my own stuff as well.

•••
Doesn't undeveloped charge a 15% commission fee? @creataweb

•••
•••
I know that the landing page they use is very similar to a script you can buy for around $25. The backend has way more options and features than the script itself though. Looks to be a combination of custom work mixed with that script.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've used this DM as well so that's how I know what the backend has.

@creataweb can you share the link of that script? That would be really helpful.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes that's the one.

You mentioned that there is a back-end (server side processing) doing stuff, since you've used it before - what functionality is going on in the back-end?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back