Dynadot

discuss Bodis, Uniregistry or Efty?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey guys can you share what service are you using for your landing pages? Does it really improves the conversions instead of having 2 step landing pages (Parking page leading to the contact page).

What is the best strategy to optimize the end user sales.

If someone has tried Bodis, Efty and Uniregistry can you share the experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You mentioned that there is a back-end (server side processing) doing stuff, since you've used it before - what functionality is going on in the back-end?

For DM it shows other options. Some of which are BIN price, custom text options among other things. None of this is available with just the script alone. I am fairly sure they customized that back end to make a functional service to charge for.

•••
To me they all lack Features I need
Like translation and currency convertion
And VAT

So I had to design it all myself
Wffw.com

But I think buyers sometimes want to stay anonym

So they prefer to make offers at afternic

Or sedo for domains that have my sales form

What do you think about that?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Frank,

Man, that is a nice lander.
How is that 800 number working out for you?

Peace,
Cy

•••
Hi Frank,

How is that 800 number working out for you?

Peace,
Cy

thank you ;)

kall8.com

yes I had calls
but no sales inquiries

so it works
but hasn't paid off

but I do not get not so many calls anyway

•••
think there are too many hosted options that allow users to do alot with their names like add logos and pull in domain data..think hosted sales is better than something you have to host yourself and maintain.

•••
It seems that UniRegistry.com has something issued recently....

•••
Maybe UniRegistry.com do not like TYPO domains.

•••
Where did you look when you hit the page? A lot of fixation points on that page, and that's a major killer for landing page conversions. One clear CTA will perform better in most cases. Of course this hypothesis should be tested.

•••
Where did you look when you hit the page? A lot of fixation points on that page, and that's a major killer for landing page conversions. One clear CTA will perform better in most cases. Of course this hypothesis should be tested.

thanks for feedback

you may be right
as I constantly evolve that page
I may lose some design aspects

but it made a Buy Now sale lately w/o communicating with me

and it had a US phone call
with a serious inquiry
serious- as we agreed on a lower price
sale- still not happend from that call

•••
I use my own sales pages as complete control

Your domains are buried with hundreds of thousands or millions of others, most markets have their own portfolios to sell so a conflict of interest as your leads are just powering their end user database/future profits instead of your own.

Great points! Solid reasons why you shouldn't use these other services.

You really can't stress that last point enough to people!

•••
Great points! Solid reasons why you shouldn't use these other services.

You really can't stress that last point enough to people!

you can use 3rd party marketplaces
Just don't send the domain traffic to them
so when they sell
They really deserve the commission

•••
bodis sucks, id stay away in my personal opinion

•••
I used to park my domains on Parkingcrew. Later I moved them to Efty because I liked their landing pages a lot. After a couple of months I moved them to Uniregistry. Now I am back to Efty because on Uniregistry I was getting a lot of fake inquiries and i didn't like it.

For me Efty is the best.

•••
I used to park my domains on Parkingcrew. Later I moved them to Efty because I liked their landing pages a lot. After a couple of months I moved them to Uniregistry. Now I am back to Efty because on Uniregistry I was getting a lot of fake inquiries and i didn't like it.

For me Efty is the best.

i get alot of fake enquiries too, its so annoying :(

•••
•••
NameSilo is a good option for landers.

http://www.cryptography.us

That looks really nice, simple and to the point. I notice it says that the buyer gets the domain name after the initial down payment is made. Does this mean they own the domain name or that they just get use of it via name server changes? And what happens if they stop making payments - do you keep the monies paid up until that point and retain ownership in the domain name?

•••
I have had fake inquiries every week from UniRegistry, one of my best domains usually has offers from 30k to 100k, only one offer was not fake.

•••
Efty over the other two. But i have been using undeveloped.

I liked unis landers however. I got so many fake inquires and only sold 1 domain and i still havent been paid for it. :/ for $100 wasted alot of time there.

I sold the most at efty. But the prices werent as good as the offers i get at undeveloped. Also u ran into nameserver issues at efty. Also landing page theme issues

•••
I've seen more leads come in through Unireg but none have converted into sales thus far.

I've used Bodis, never got a lead (probably because I didn't own many names at the time).

-Omar

•••
I think Undeveloped has the best-looking landing page. But when it comes to informing the customer, I think NameSilo has done an exellent job with their lander that describes what a premium domain is and how exactly the buying process works.

•••
@namesilo

That looks really nice, simple and to the point. I notice it says that the buyer gets the domain name after the initial down payment is made. Does this mean they own the domain name or that they just get use of it via name server changes? And what happens if they stop making payments - do you keep the monies paid up until that point and retain ownership in the domain name?

•••
i get alot of fake enquiries too, its so annoying :(
It's annoying when you get good offers on your domains and then you never get a single reply from them. IMO some people are doing it deliberately on Uniregistry to harm their reputation but it was so annoying that i have to move my domains back to Efty.

•••
Ive moved mine to undeveloped

•••
Good Topic. I just test undeveloped, it good as EFTY do but sort IDN function still not correctly. His design is look cool.

•••
I just discovered that the Bodis for sale landing pages are blocked when you have your ad blocker installed (Ad Block Plus). Not good!

Can't use them... will have to go to someone else. Does Efty show with Ad Block Plus installed? Others?

•••
Back