Dynadot

status-invalid Blatant Racism is Allowed Here. Wow.

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Received this random message and look at the blatant antisemitism.
What's funny is that the mod only gave the member a warning. shouldn't he be permanently banned? or am I over-reacting?

upload_2020-9-14_21-15-1.png

upload_2020-9-14_21-15-16.png

Moderator response:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why racism? That's just a random dude giving unwanted suggestions.
I don't see any racism.

Last edited:
•••
That is an anti semitic comment and the person who said that should be banned - no if's or but's

Disgusting and has no place anywhere.........

Mods need to look at this again and take action

@Mod Team Alfa
@Mod Team Echo

How is this comment deemed worthy of just a warning?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Most companies have a zero tolerance policy on racism

Could be missing something but I just checked the rules here and I could not see anything specific about racism

1.2. Be professional, tactful, and constructive at all times. Do not intentionally disrespect, harass, threaten, attack, instigate, insult, antagonize, or be aggressive toward others.

No mention here of any policies/rules on racism - personally think Namepros need to review this, not the first time racism has reared it's head on here, sadly won't be the last

•••
Hello,

The member that violated rule 1.2. received an official warning for their rule violation. We know it's been explained before, however we'll recap real quick on how our policy requires moderators/teams to handle such rule violations.

Calling a member stupid or calling a Jewish person a Jew in reference to trying to make a profit by inflating prices falls under rule 1.2. (Policy procedure outlined below)

1. On a first time offense of rule 1.2. the member is issued a standard rule reminder.
2. On the second offense of rule 1.2. the member is issued an official negative point warning.
3. If they should break the rule 1.2. a third time, their account will be warned and restricted for a while. All their posts will go into a moderation queue and need manual approval from a moderator before they are published.
4. If the member escalates in violating rule 1.2. their account could be subject to closure.

We believe that everyone has a bad day sometimes and deserves a second chance for the more minor rule violations, unlike serious rule violations like blatant fraud, which leads to an instant restriction and/or account closure for the safety and security of the community.

Please be sure to report rule 1.2. violations when you see them. The faster we can build a history of blatant habitual rule 1.2. violations (Using the policy procedure outlined above), the faster their account will be restricted.

we hope that helps explain better.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/threads/an-anti-semitic-member-avoid-doing-business.1208306/

•••
Read again please.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get where's racism, really. I think was an unwanted rude suggestion. He just criticzed your way of doing business.

edit: I'm sorry just saw the jewish part. That guy is an indiot

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get where's racism, really. I think was an unwanted rude suggestion. He just criticzed your way of doing business.

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-14_22-18-54.png
    upload_2020-9-14_22-18-54.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 165
•••
Hello,

The member that violated rule 1.2. received an official warning for their rule violation. We know it's been explained before, however we'll recap real quick on how our policy requires moderators/teams to handle such rule violations.

Calling a member stupid or calling a Jewish person a Jew in reference to trying to make a profit by inflating prices falls under rule 1.2. (Policy procedure outlined below)

1. On a first time offense of rule 1.2. the member is issued a standard rule reminder.
2. On the second offense of rule 1.2. the member is issued an official negative point warning.
3. If they should break the rule 1.2. a third time, their account will be warned and restricted for a while. All their posts will go into a moderation queue and need manual approval from a moderator before they are published.
4. If the member escalates in violating rule 1.2. their account could be subject to closure.

We believe that everyone has a bad day sometimes and deserves a second chance for the more minor rule violations, unlike serious rule violations like blatant fraud, which leads to an instant restriction and/or account closure for the safety and security of the community.

Please be sure to report rule 1.2. violations when you see them. The faster we can build a history of blatant habitual rule 1.2. violations (Using the policy procedure outlined above), the faster their account will be restricted.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/threads/an-anti-semitic-member-avoid-doing-business.1208306/
So a person can make 3 racist comments and on the 4th time may have their account closed?

That is how I am interpreting the rules, is that right?

Why does Namepros not have a zero tolerance policy on racism?

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

racist comments only given a warning, it should be more than that.
it's not a matter of forum rules, it's more than that.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Racism is not allowed, and we continue to make that clear with our actions.

As explained by @Mod Team Echo, there are standard procedures that we follow when rule violations occur, and they’re appropriate in the majority of cases.

On a case by case basis, the process can escalate much faster and result in a restriction after a single incident. The moderator team handling the report will decide whether they believe that is necessary.

The title of this thread is categorically false, malicious, and intentionally retaliatory. It is clear that this thread was not created to have a constructive conversation, and therefore, appropriate actions will be taken.

Thread closed.

Only a warning for this?
We are also discussing the incident with the member to decide whether the member will be capable and willing to meet our standards for professionalism and respect.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back