Start banning members

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
NamePros and its leadership has gone soft.

Start banning toxic members like @Michael Ehrhardt. It is utterly absurd that he is allowed to troll the forum. I'd be willing to bet he has received more dislikes and reports in the last week than any other member has in the history of the forum. It's pathetic that he's allowed to represent such a great community. The thing that disgusts me the most is he's being defended by NPs leadership.

If you want to spit in our faces, do it yourself.

Now I know the response is going to be that he's been warned. Whatever. With that many reports he should be banned.

Solved: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5553087/

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, that room is for those topic. NP, has more than one room.

•••
NP could not afford me.
hahahahhahahaha
For I am retired and darn if I want to make money.
Certainly not $6,,,,,,,

•••
NP could not afford me.
hahahahhahahaha
For I am retired and darn if I want to make money.
Certainly not $6,,,,,,,
NamePro could go bankrupt if the hire you? :)

•••
Tomorrow morning the sun will rise.

•••
•••
How long is a chinese name...

•••
We all know those few members who make new appraisal threads of their god awful, newly registered domain names and freak out at you when you and a dozen other seasoned domainers tell them the truth about value. I would applaud NamePros if those people could be removed from the forum.

I have immense respect for the work the mods of NP do on this forum, but I agree that it's time to crack down on certain toxic, ignorant people on this forum.

•••
We all know those few members who make new appraisal threads of their god awful, newly registered domain names and freak out at you when you and a dozen other seasoned domainers tell them the truth about value. I would applaud NamePros if those people could be removed from the forum.

I have immense respect for the work the mods of NP do on this forum, but I agree that it's time to crack down on certain toxic, ignorant people on this forum.
You need to be brutally honest to yourself, that those appraisal are just based on thoughts and opinions. So therefore, their appraisal are not factual!

•••
You need to be brutally honest to yourself, that those appraisal are just based on thoughts and opinions. So therefore, their appraisal are not factual!
They can't guarantee a sales price, but they can give you a realistic idea. The thoughts and opinions are from real domain investors who have years of experience and actual sales under their belts. No one can force you to stop registering garbage, but we can recommend that you do.

•••
I think you should get banned depending on how many dislikes your comments receive. If the magic number is 200 this dude would had been gone a long time ago.
The dislike button does not do justice. It is not factual reports. Just like one NP member said, you can click the dislike button anytime you wish; for any reason.

•••
How does one know if they receive an infraction? I received a PM a long time ago from Eric reminding me to be nice and pointed to forum rules.

Was this an infraction, or a warning?

•••
They can't guarantee a sales price, but they can give you a realistic idea. The thoughts and opinions are from real domain investors who have years of experience and actual sales under their belts. No one can force you to stop registering garbage, but we can recommend that you do.
You are right, you are exactly right. And that method might be perfect for you.

•••
@pogba, You seems knows the right path to follow; good luck to your decision making.

•••
Most trolls eventually wear themselves out, i have seen them come and go. If you don't like them ignore and don't buy their names, eventually they leave after making no money ...... or friends

•••
Just got CLASSY.vip

Most trolls eventually wear themselves out, i have seen them come and go. If you don't like them ignore and don't buy their names, eventually they leave after making no money ...... or friends

Aww that sounds so sad. BTW how do you ignore people on here? :rolleyes:

•••

Click the username under the avatar and on the pop up you will see ignore.

•••
•••
On one occasion my account was banned for a stupid reason (I blacked out my profile page). I understood why - it was because I was told specifically not to do it. I was reinstated because I asked nicely some 3 weeks or so later and was given a grace. I know the owners were different, the mods were different and times have changed but a 3 week suspension for someone who actually cares about the forum is a pain.... for others it may be enough for them to leave naturally.

So @Eric Lyon why can't people be suspended or put on other such similar status?

Last week my emails bounced through no fault of my own and I couldn't create any comments or make any posts until my email was setup to another address. Why can't people be put on a post-suspension? It seems that would be very easy and if they went away because of it I'm not sure anyone would care.

Michael E, as an example, has posted threads for no reason but to create a mess (why people respond is beyond me) but he's also been involved in a number of IDN dirty tactics as outlined by @wot. This character was requested to be banned a year ago https://www.namepros.com/threads/mixed-script-fake-idn-on-sedo.850382/#post-4815399

I'm not for lynch-mob mentality but at a certain point you as the admin need to have some common sense and balance contribution to detrimental posts. I'm sure at some point I've been shortlisted, Shane's been short listed, for sure Iowadawg too, but I would like to think that overall the contribution outweighs the negative. There are some people that I can't think of a single positive contribution being made. I get metrics, I get that you need fairness, I get that you try to treat users equally but sometimes it's too obvious to fall into normal boundaries and you can tell the forum would be better off without someone.

Last edited:
•••
Another immature comment

Thanks for bringing this up Shane, this is not a mission against one person. Its the level of disrespect that is being shown here lately. I don,t even trust half the people on here anymore, someone here has 2 names i want $200 but i don,t trust them. Plain simple don,t need to join no smartweed.club to figure it out.
There is a whole thread about his unethical behaviour and sales tactics.
It wasn't like that before. Now as pointed out earlier, you give someone an reg fee appraisal and get your head ripped off. Was it weedrite riteweed something like that 7 figure domain name in the owners eyes. I was nice and said it was the best name you have listed for appraisal. Thats not hard to beat. But the temper tantrums, my God
And then there is Mikey, thanks for whoever above found that older thread on him, I read a portion of it while back, then stumbled across his undesirable posts. He is doing more harm than good
I could continue, but this really is drama I don't need. I haven't received an infraction or notification of a post removed since I stuck my neck out for asshole there late last year.
Save my infraction for another time.
To summarize i agree with everything Shane said, David said and the one thing John said about the mental illness thing, because its pretty obvious to me too.
\Happy Domaining :'(

•••
Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. The only one you need to worry about is your own. What other people do with their's should be none of your concern. It's theirs they can do with it what they want. It only becomes your problem if you allow it to be.

•••
Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. The only one you need to worry about is your own. What other people do with their's should be none of your concern. It's theirs they can do with it what they want. It only becomes your problem if you allow it to be.
Yeah but some @ssholes are bigger than others.

•••
I think this thread has lost its value now. Any chance it can be closed so does not pop-out in the Popular or last posts!? No value anymore, just timeconsuming distraction.

•••
Topic is disrespect that is being shown around here with toxic posts, shill bids and lies. Also behaviour issues, which you have when people tell you to flush your name down the toilet.
The behaviour you exhibit would never have been tolerated 7 years ago.
Mikes behaviour would not have either. Thats the purpose of this thread, not Mike's race, what mix he is, or how mixed up he is.
You posted 9 times on one page
As for closing thread, we tried with a similar toxic thread with no success

•••
my 2 cents worth...*giggle

Step away from the keyboard

•••
You people,s are not listening!
do you live in cave,s? swing from rope,s?

The topic is Things are getting soft around here, stay on .Topic

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back