IT.COM

Blake Irving of GoDaddy: At the Top, You Get to Set the Tone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
This interview with Blake Irving, C.E.O. of GoDaddy, a domain name and web hosting company, was conducted and condensed by Adam Bryant.
I went into school as a business major, but I didn’t like it, and I wasn’t good at it, frankly. I was good at art, though. I ended up taking some graphics classes and fell in love with typography.
I had a boss who said to me, “You are pushing so hard on the things that you want to get done that you’re driving some of the people around you crazy because you’re just so manically focused. You’re not bringing them with you.”
What I have found really interesting, and what I like about it, is that when you’re the C.E.O., you get to set a tone from your seat that’s different than if you’re working within an organization.
Work on something you love, and never let it be about you, because everybody in the room’s going to know it and they’re not going to trust you because of it...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back