IT.COM

discuss Bitcoin price hit $50k - we're in boom market?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

QDomains

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Bitcoin hit $50k today, and many talking we're in boom market, that's really happening!

Can we see the demand of crypto related domains in near future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, bitcoin hit a two-year price high.

•••
Still a fair way to go to hit its high of $67,000 of two plus years ago. People seem to have such short memories. I'd rather be buying bitcoin itself than any of the crypto domains.

I'd be more wondering whether we'll see the same short profit taking of two plus weeks ago after all that Spot Market hype

Last edited:
•••
Sedo's most searched keywords in January 2024:
1. AI
2. bet
3. crypto
4. news
5. bitcoin

•••
Sedo's most searched keywords in January 2024:
1. AI
2. bet
3. crypto
4. news
5. bitcoin
Isnt “bitcoin” trademarked?
i would use “crypto” over “bitcoin”

Last edited:
•••

Even if there was a single entity behind it (there isn't), trademark would be against the whole ideology.

•••
Even if there was a single entity behind it (there isn't), trademark would be against the whole ideology.
That‘s a bitcoin risk-factor.
If the founder of bitcoin is identified.

Last edited:
•••
I want to be positive.
Bitcoin close fo $1 Trillion market cap :)

Last edited:
•••
That‘s a bitcoin risk-factor.
If the founder of bitcoin is identified.

What risk? Satoshi Nakamoto let it loose, he/she cannot act (if alive) like Linus Torvalds who trademarked Linux.

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin hit $50k today, and many talking we're in boom market, that's really happening!

I dont think we will necessarily see demand for crypto relate domains, but we will likely see demand for domains, period. I think the domain and crypto markets are in sync in some ways.

•••
How about MicroBitcoin?
Is that reviving as well or it will never?
I have a MicroBitcoin.extension which I am wondering whether to renew it or not.

Edit:
Btw, from what I have researched some months back, Bitcoin or Blockchain cannot be trademarked for crypto currency related business.

Last edited:
•••

It's trademarked by a few unknown and unrelated (to bitcoin or to each other) companies in various countries.

•••
It's trademarked by a few unknown and unrelated (to bitcoin or to each other) companies in various countries.

In non-financial classes.

•••
Investing in currency is combustible

Focus on domains they are indestructible

•••
Still a fair way to go to hit its high of $67,000 of two plus years ago. People seem to have such short memories. I'd rather be buying bitcoin itself than any of the crypto domains.

I'd be more wondering whether we'll see the same short profit taking of two plus weeks ago after all that Spot Market hype
Hit $52.5k going to $60k, next month?

•••
My concern for Bitcoin is just how much is New money, rather than just re-speculation of previous short/medium-holds. There is nothing fundamentally new driving the price, sure that alone may take it back to $60k.
There's way too many good stock investments out there at the moment for much available pure speculative cash to be floating around. It's at the time of static stock market that you expect bitcoin to have its best growth as investors seek speculative homes. I personally think bitcoin is in a recovery from all its recent two years of bad news and very little more. A potential 20 to 30% recovery is nothing to sniff at but as for being a surge of new money fuelling growth way beyond I can't see it.

So as for the domains, They are mostly still stuck in the same boat as crypto was 2 to 3 years ago before the fall. There's no new demand They were over-invested in. Innovative new names will continue to sell, Old and weird fringe combos wont find new buyers.

Last edited:
•••
There's excitement over BTC-ETFs and especially the halving in April.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There's excitement over BTC-ETFs and especially the halving in April.
Halving will lead to more consolidation. Not new players which domain sellers rely on. The ETF effect is already in play and that has proved to be a fairly damp squid, though I agree its probably helped the bitcoin recovery. It wasn't the new facility impact that most bitcoin advocates were expecting, And therein lays the rub that implies very little New money (recovery maybe) or appetite for new bitcoin investment at the moment. As we approach the US elections and a more certain outcome things may get interesting. If it goes to the wire, then I'd rather be holding cash reserves and probably not the dollar

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin price can be even higher. We are not at the real boom. There are all possibilities in world to make it higher in 2-3 times. Usa still not have a lot of Crypto-related laws that may be accepted in near future. Lots of people still want to buy Bitcoins(they not have any). So....

•••
•••
•••
MicroStrategy buys 3,000 Bitcoin for $155 million

Michael Saylor’s MicroStrategy (MSTR) has purchased an additional 3,000 Bitcoins for approximately $155 million, with an average price of $51,813 per Bitcoin, the securities filings showed on Monday.

The company’s shares rose more than 1.8% in premarket trading.

As of February 25, 2024, MicroStrategy now possesses 193,000 Bitcoins, obtained for around $6.09 billion, with an average price of $31,544 per Bitcoin.

Based on current prices, MSTR’s Bitcoin holdings are valued at slightly under $10 billion, resulting in a return of nearly 63%.

https://www.investing.com/news/cryp...ys-3000-bitcoin-for-155-million-432SI-3315381

•••

Yes a boom market 🚀

•••
We have passed 57k, maybe 60k soon, then onto 69k to break all time high. Up 12% last 24hr, plus most alts looking nice. Another day like yesterday will take us over 60k.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back