Dynadot

Bido's Vote for Profits -- Who are the rock stars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Since Bido reopened, I have submitted votes on 42 domains. Of those, six have sold at auction, so an approximately 14.28% sell-through rate on domains I upvote. How have your votes been panning out?

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't even realize Bido was back, but after a quick glance of the names on there I realized why I didn't use it.

For all of December there has been 1 sale over $150. Not very impressive.

Brad

•••
I didn't even realize Bido was back, but after a quick glance of the names on there I realized why I didn't use it.

For all of December there has been 1 sale over $150. Not very impressive.

Brad

But just think of the massive commission that the site is making.

Concerts.net was $9500. Not sure why Bido was chosen as the venue. Reminds me of Jaco's "Selling Ferraris in the Ghetto" post.

Since the Restart:
Failed 3
Success 4

I think it makes more sense to only allow votes if you intend to bid. I think more people vote trying to make .10c then actually bid.

Should a name like Concerts.net get through - it's kind of obvious that it will be accelerated on not NEED bids.

•••
Well, just toying with it at this point. I was pleased given the thin market at Bido to see 1/7 domains that I thought were saleworthy, sell.

@Brad -- how many >$150 sales were there here in December? :)

Frank

•••
Honestly,

Something has to be done with the quality of names or filtering of said names....It's just not drawing the eyeballs of the people that it needs to target.

@FM --Far more than just 1 ...That I can Assure you :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back