Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

BIDO bad experiences

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

eurorealtor

okre.comTop Member
Impact
1,878
Hello all,

just want to spread my experiences with BIDO. Lately I had a domain in auction with $xxx highest bid but not met the reserve, as I checked few minutes before end of the auction.
Usually, Bido gives you the options to accept the highest bid, re-list or decide not to sell.
Next morning I found an email saying "your auction is now close with no bids"
I have submitted a ticked to find out, but not respond, until I have send another with my request of closing my account.

Their answer:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting support on that matter.

The bidder in that auction was paying for their won auctions,
so we had to retract these bids. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If we may assist with anything else please just let us know.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
Interesting.....
 
0
•••
If you page back to the first page, @JudgeMind actually posted on this very thread.

@JudgeMind Hoping you will say something here? What's going on?
 
0
•••
Yes this same thing has happened to me. Not sure why you want me to comment as I have already on page one. But I still use bido sometimes, good place for shorties for cheap.
 
0
•••
I am waiting for payment for a domain at bido now for over 2 weeks..... I have sent messages with no reply. Wondering what happened.
 
0
•••
From who? Me? I didn't win anything on bido... Last domain I won was adwu.com which I paid for
 
0
•••
Haven't been on bido in a bit though, let take a look and see what's up.
 
0
•••
Then I am confused. Are you not Greatdn of great domains?
 
0
•••
Pm sent to bearded goat. I have not received anything from bido from email for this auction. I am contacting bido to ensure nothing went wrong on their end.
 
0
•••
Pm was received....

If you page back through sales at bido, you will see right after sale of adwu.com, sale of engraved.info with you as bidder....

I am not sure if you are saying you did not bid, or if you did not receive any of the messages or if you don't see the domain at all awaiting payment in your account.

Hopefully a resolution at some point. I will be sure to post if / when it is resolved.
 
0
•••
I am in a first aid course right now, will discuss/resolve later today. Also need to hear back from bido too. Thanks
 
Last edited:
0
•••
This issue is nearly resolved now. @JudgeMind paid and we are just looking to finalize. So I am satisfied.
 
0
•••
Yes was an error with email. Alerts were going through to my junk mail and I hadn't been on bido for done time. Thanks
 
0
•••
Lesson:
Not all non-payers are a--holes.

Too frequently we assume the worst and act accordingly, to our loss.
 
1
•••
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and every opportunity where sometimes I probably should not. And I make it a habit to try not to call anyone names. But now that we are reviving the bido experience...

CosmicVenture never paid. said he was going to, then completely stopped communicating and the transaction was canceled.

Saiwood just plain never replied or paid and after 10 days the transaction was canceled.

Had another buyer who made several offers that were accepted and he never paid. But at least he communicated and said he was sorry. Which I appreciate.

I asked bido for their real names so I would at least know who the human behind these transactions were. But they never replied to the email.

At least sedo provides that info.
 
0
•••
It's true that E-mail from Bido is often going to the spam folder.
 
0
•••
I must be the only cow in town who checks her spam folder.
 
2
•••
0
•••
@forge ....funny and much needed. :)
 
0
•••
On the Internet nobody knows you're a cow.
 
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back