Dynadot

Bidding on your own names at NameJet...?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Once in awhile I see people bidding on their own domains at NJ. I would think it would be frowned upon.

Today's seems more obvious than normal. Or am I missing something here?

Airlinejobs.com owned by Andy Booth at Booth.com and high bidder is BQDNcom (James Booth).

3 bids down we see Boothcom as a bidder.

Same thing with MovieZone.com. Owned by Andy Booth in which he currently appears to be the high bidder.

High Bid: $2,475 USD by boothcom

They actually won their own domain airplanesforsale.com. Im guessing it didnt get as high as they wanted so needed to protect it.

Bidder Amount Date
bqdncom $2,001 7/17/2017 12:23 PM
boothcom $1,950 7/17/2017 12:23 PM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So they add frivolous law suits to their resume, classy.

No, the law firm that used to own the HH.com domain name is the one doing the suing.

•••
No, the law firm that used to own the HH.com domain name is the one doing the suing.
But that's because, from what I understood, he tried to sue them for brokerage fees in which they didn't have an agreement.

•••
@GeorgeK
According to the link you posted the Booth brothers sued first.

•••
Well we know why Oliver is a "behind the scene" player--- literally one of the "man behind the curtain" with a complete system in place. I am honestly shocked no one figured this out earlier but I imagine there are finite numbers of domainers who can afford these prices so you would see alot of the same bidders.

Last edited:
•••
Polp.com is owned by me (purchased it from someone from NP not so long ago) so I put it on NJ.
I don't know the Booth brothers nor Oliver. I have no connection to them. If russell and hkdn are bots I have no idea how they would know my reserve on my domain? Btw , the highest bid of HKDN on my auction was $501 and that wasn't even close to my actual reserve (which was over $1K).
Bram,
I’m not implying that you are involved in this, in fact I did mention that you have no association to the Booth brothers nor Oliver.
If russel and hkdn are NameJet bots then they would know the exact reserve of all the names being auctioned on their platform.

•••
EOUC.com , auctioned at NameJet Novermber 2016. User "HKDN" was the winner at $280. I'm not sure who the seller was.

On 10/6/16, Oliver Hoger appeared as the owner according to WhoIs.

On 11/25/16, EOUC.com went into privacy.

On 1/14/17, Oliver Hoger is the owner again.

More coincidence?

•••

But that's because, from what I understood, he tried to sue them for brokerage fees in which they didn't have an agreement.

@GeorgeK
According to the link you posted the Booth brothers sued first.

My understanding was that the plaintiff is not the law firm, Booth did not sue, but threatened to sue and the plaintiff is now suing and being represented by the law firm.

•••
Bram,
I’m not implying that you are involved in this, in fact I did mention that you have no association to the Booth brothers nor Oliver.
If russel and hkdn are NameJet bots then they would know the exact reserve of all the names being auctioned on their platform.

I don't think "HKDN" is a NameJet bot ....

•••
My understanding was that the plaintiff is not the law firm, Booth did not sue, but threatened to sue and the plaintiff is now suing and being represented by the law firm.
Thanks for the clarification.

•••
Bram,
I understand, but then the bots would be bugged as my reserve was 200% higher then the highest bid HKDN made. ;)

Last edited:
•••
I understand, but then the bots would be bugged as my reserve was 3X higher then the highest bid HKDN made. ;)

In case of POLP, they could have genuinely bid $501, as this is still cheap for a perfectly pronounceable western premium letter name like POLP...

•••

Thats not how I read the article . The brokerage fees were claimed, but by a letter from a lawyer (not a formal suit). The lawsuit was then started to preempt that claim, and to sue for damages, etc.

•••
The case is available via PACER (the court case number is in the link above), as a PDF. Perhaps one of the bloggers can post it (I don't think PDFs can be attached here on NamePros).

•••
The case is available via PACER (the court case number is in the link above), as a PDF. Perhaps one of the bloggers can post it (I don't think PDFs can be attached here on NamePros).
There is an "upload a file" button next to the "post reply" button. PDF files are accepted.

•••
Bram,
Wow!! It gets even more interesting!!

•••
All the public auctions of Oliver Hoger have now been removed from NameJet.

•••
DZUH.com , auctioned at NameJet Novermber 2016. User "HKDN" was the winner at $290. I'm not sure who the seller was.

On 9/23/16, Oliver Hoger appeared as the owner according to WhoIs.

On 11/25/16, "MARQUE SOLUTIONS" with email "[email protected]" as the owner.

On 1/13/17, Oliver Hoger is the owner again.

It keeps getting better and better.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

I had done an official complaint to NameJet regarding Oliver and his shill bidding.
I hope this was an effect of that.

•••
Take a look at MVXW.com. Sold at NameJet November 2016 to user "HKDN" with a high bid of $315. I'm not sure of the seller, maybe @NameJetGM can tell us.

The name stayed under privacy protection until 1-14-17 when "MARQUE SOLUTIONS" with email address "[email protected]" appeared in the WhoIs.

On 3-16-17 the WhoIs changed to "Oliver Hoger".

Coincidence???
I got a seller on godaddy auction banned with the same whois info Marque Solutions won an LLLL.com and the seller did not transfer . This scandal is auction wide on multiple platforms scary!!

•••
I can only imagine the can of worms this is gonna open with others.

•••

If that is the case, this is not good. Now that supposed fraudulent activity has been found, the auctions in question are removed?

Looks like a cover up and if NJ is not involved in the shill bidding, they should leave all auctions up "as is" for record keeping and independent investigation.

•••
I've attached to this message 2 PDFs, i.e. the complaint itself, and Appendix A.

No response from the defendants, yet. They can upload their response to NamePros when they file, if they want (or if someone notices the response in PACER, can upload it independently).

The first $15 per quarter (3 months) of case files at PACER are free, so folks can use PACER without paying if their usage is limited (I think I've only ever been charged once or twice in 10+ years).

Attachments

• heckler-v-booth-et-al-complaint.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 82
  • heckler-v-booth-et-al-appendix-a.pdf
    546.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back