Beware of member Cargokcee

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nazz

Top Member
Impact
Member @cargokcee

https://www.namepros.com/members/cargokcee.983337/

He is trying to sell me names that are not registered in his name. I questioned him about that and he replied "these names are under our trade mark[heson marketing company]"

Provided this URL later on in the convo when I let him know, that I was on the verge of exposing him - www. hansonsearch .com

CEDO.com redirect to a published webpage.

JEBO.com is registered to someone in Asia. (Parked)

He is selling some more names, but they were the only ones I was interested in. He was selling them fairly cheap aswell.. $2k for the pair which raised some flags.

He will not provide his name, LinkedIn or anything to I.D him.

I have reached out to both whois contacts of those domains. No response yet.

Beware of this shady guy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Watching his recent activities, he offered the domains to several people since he his on NP.

•••
I offered him a low ball offer on the domains he claims he owns and he accepted but refused to use any escrow service at all!

The whois info is all different on the domains.

these are all classic signs of a POS... i mean scamming thief.

•••
I offered him low ball offer on the domains he claims he owns and he accepted but refused to use any escrow service at all!

The whois info is all different on the domains.

He is also new to the forum which definitely raised suspicion.

I bet this is the last we see of him.. I even linked him to this thread to justify himself... Vanished.

•••
He is selling some more names, but they were the only ones I was interested in. He was selling them fairly cheap aswell.. $2k for the pair which raised some flags.

Beware of this shady guy.

He told me he would accept $800 for both CEDO & JEBO... I bet he would accept $100 because he has nothing to sell!

•••
Forum rules need to change, anyone can signup and start scamming, running up bids etc.

No internal controls to protect members, I myself have seen a few signs of collusion here, very hard for mods to follow up on everything.

Needs to be a 30 day Breslin, or cool off period before new signups go buck wild.

Last edited:
•••
It would be cool if people could have a BADGE if their identity is verified. Because after awhile people would only deal with people are are verified. Or maybe they could limit buying/selling if they are not verified. No scammer is gonna verify his identity and any trustworthy domain investor would gladly verify their identity. IMO

•••
Forum rules need to chabge, anyone can signup and start scamming, running up bids etc.

No internal controls to protect members, I myself have seen a few signs of collusion here, very hard for mods to follow up on everything.

Needs to be a 30 day Breslin, or cool off period before new signups go buck wild.

Something like that could be implemented. Although, it is up to us to remain alert and aware when dealing with other members who may come across shady or in fact are..

Always check trader reviews, ask fellow members about that certain member. whois, social media profile.

To sum it up, do your homework.

Best to always tick the boxes before proceeding with any transaction.

•••
He bid on one of my auctions, but I was wary of the bid b/c he was so new to the forum. Guess I can be glad he didn't win.

•••
He is also new to the forum which definitely raised suspicion.

I bet this is the last we see of him.. I even linked him to this thread to justify himself... Vanished.
Big deal, he will open another account, new name, and you are right back to square 1?

Internal controls once again

•••
Forum rules need to change, anyone can signup and start scamming, running up bids etc.

As in life, I support less rules. You should always exercise the same level; of cautioon when dealing with someone new, regardless of how long they have been on here. I think that many of the regulars on NP forget that there are many, many domainers who don't use this forum for one reason or another. This is a business with a high level of risk and it should be assumed by the individuals, not the site. Just say NO to nanny sites!

It would be cool if people could have a BADGE if their identity is verified. Because after awhile people would only deal with people are are verified. Or maybe they could limit buying/selling if they are not verified. No scammer is gonna verify his identity and any trustworthy domain investor would gladly verify their identity. IMO

Now this would be a good idea and a legitimate person is going to be easy to verify. It is passive and unobtrusive, but would require some work on the part of the staff and that may not be feasible. But even if someone had a badge, I wouldn't just accept them as trustworthy. It would just be one more piece of the total picture.

•••
We really need a system that stops these scammers quicker!!

He just Sent me a PM to complete my paypal payment!

image.jpg

•••
New registration + low prices + Shady Whois = Scam.
Beware, people, there's no free cheese.

•••
We are currently investigating this matter.

Thanks,

•••
I agree with verification. It would be good. I have been here a year and some members still say I am new ..then I wonder .. when will I become old member lol

Doing some sort of verification would be good indeed.

•••

Nice idea!

•••
•••
I have seen that a couple of times on some names I refused to bid or make any move to contact the domainer because they are new and to me,i go with my instinct always.Just back out on names that you know the true value from newbies.I prefer to deal with established members,checking their trade views and likes and then I negotiate.I have done sweet deals with some members here close to $1000 and my heart was not skipping.I would 'NEVER ' trade with someone new even if its a month new.

Money doesn't grow on trees.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back