Dynadot

Beware of exabytes.com !!! Canceled my domains with no notice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
I registered 9 domains with this company last march. I decided to log in today to transfer some away since renewals were coming up in a month. Only to find out they canceled my account and deleted all my names and gave me no notice of it. So I lost all my domain names that I had registered there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because Visa/MC would not allow a merchant to accept payment and not release the goods. On the other hand if you had an authorization and no final capture that is not a payment. (Or if they refunded.)

Last edited:
•••
Check your statements, you may find that they never did a final charge (authorization only) or they refunded at some point.

Last edited:
•••
It's one thing to not allow an authorization to capture, or to refund a payment - which are both acceptable practices in the credit card industry, and quite another to take someone's money, keep it and deliver nothing.

•••
My experience with them is sometimes the payment gets flagged and never gets through. It looks like the domain is in the account but it is not.

You should do a check to see if the payment did indeed go through.

•••
Hi all,

We’ve reached out to him (imadoer) personally by PM but was unable to obtain any further information.

According to our investigation, our system detected fraud taking place in the transaction, and we've not registered the domain.

Next, client (imadoer) asked to have "his domain or money back" via ticket on 28 March 2017.
*Refer to case

We already made a full refund via PayPal on 31 March 2017, since we didn't register the domain.

We hope this clarifies your concerns.

Fraud lol thats funny. Because i paid for domain registration thats a joke. Why the hell did your support tell me it was because my billing wasnt verfied that you deleted the domains

Actually now that you point this out and i have a ticket number to search... yeah your company did give me a refund so that part was my mistake your right. Looking at it now I had to fight for my money back. I won't ever use your service there was no fraud on my behalf .. All I was doing was registering domains.. I thought they were in my account. Either way I lost some really good handregs over this and there are still names that I have paid for that i have NO ACCESS to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because your support says my account is closed. No Refund for those though? FYI that's not the only transaction that was made. Why cant i get to those domains? hmmm let me guess my billing aint verified.

Last edited:
•••
Seems then that OP was aware of the issue 11 months ago, asking for his money back or the domain, 3/28/17. Which the Registrar obliged and refunded a few days later 3/31/17. So why the surprise reaction from OP 11 months later?

I'm not taking sides, just you can't jump to conclusions in these types of threads until all the facts are in.

If i was aware of it i wouldnt have opened the thread i was when he sent me the case nimber i had that in my email i was able to look it up. But even so. Theres still domains i dont have access to because the closed my accout due to my billing not being verififed according to support so mr xynames please explian that.

•••
I agree you should contact them again about any payments you made.

•••
True, but he messaged them 3/28/2017 to return the domain or refund, so he knew something was going on 11 months ago. However, I agree, even if he knew looks like the registrar did not give him the option to pay a different way. Then again, he didn't ask for that option, he according to the registrar merely messaged them to return the domain or refund....

Last edited:
•••
I hate fraud systems but i think most of them are fraud : D

•••
Maybe i am wrong maybe they refunded me. But I will say this and no one can tell me different they cause me a lot of distress. Even if I didn't acknowledge the fact they refunded me I thought I had domains that I didn't.

Choose to use this company if you please.

Last edited:
•••
I want to say this last thing!

How do i get to my domain that is active? If they closed my account because my billing isnt verified please awnser that ... i didnt get a refund for this ...why cant i have access to the domain i payed for they accpeted my money. But i have no access

Last edited:
•••
Hi @imadoer

There’s no active domain in your account according to our checking. Please let us know if you have any other billing account with us.

Also, we greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with your active domain name or ticket ID/ live chat timing/ agent who informed you that your account is closed, so we could have further checking.

We hope to resolve this matter privately. Kindly pm me the requested info as above so that we could further investigate.

Thank you.

•••
Screenshot_20180214-001008.png

Whatever you say man... dont mention me again. Im not going to respond i dont recommend your service thats all i got to say i said my peice

•••
I just logged into my account and a domain was missing! namely roulettetokens.com
Sent a message to chat and it suddenly reappeared

Shady !
Lost a customer there I'm afraid

@exa-Edward whats that all about?

•••
I just logged into my account and a domain was missing! namely roulettetokens.com
Sent a message to chat and it suddenly reappeared

Shady !
Lost a customer there I'm afraid

@exa-Edward whats that all about?

Hello AXC, once you have successful registered and made payment, the domain won't disappear in your account. Some of the client direct use the search bar to search the domain, then it will only appear the domain they search. Hope my answer helps. Thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back