Dynadot

BEWARE NAMESILO Shopping Cart when registering domains in bulk!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I forgot to mention this before.

so I've been using Namesilo for years now.

I do bulk regs with them when they have the $6.99 discount.

I have been noticing something happening lately.

in particular these domains
TNCENT.com
CryptoSTO.com

and probably even more.

These two domain I swear I had registered with Namesilo. It is with Namesilo just not in my account. Namesilo says it was never registered in my account.

Same with CryptoSto.com. I distinctly remember registering this domain around the same time this domain shows as being registered.

When I reg domains in bulk. I usually just click pay and that's it and close the website happy that I got to register a valuable domain (I think).

I just noticed this recently.

So recently I registered some domains and had it in my cart and just when I'm about to input my credit card info. I realized I forgot one more domain to register and then proceed to register it plus another 3.

When I check the shopping cart, it should be 10 domains. but instead it's just 3.

So I go back and check the other 3 domains missing from my cart and then go back to the cart. and NOW

the 3 domains I had just checked off are in the cart and not the other 7 domains are GONE. so now I go back and check the other 7 now and not guess what? The 7 are in the cart while the 3 are GONE again.

I did this several times and it repeats it.

So if you are not paying attention and just registering "idea" domains you just thought of and did the above where you had domains in the cart and then go back to register more.

I can guarantee you if you are like me you will end up NOT REGISTERING the FIRST SET of domains you had in the cart originally and only the SECOND SET you added.

Or course CAPTAIN OBVIOUS would say PAY ATTENTION and check your receipt. but I'm sure many on here don't think twice about going back and forth to add more domains in the cart especially if you are on the go or at work or picking up the kids from school or grocery shopping etc etc. Plus if you pay and then all sudden you see the receipt in your inbox that's pretty much it. You assume it's done. but if there are a bunch of domains that weren't part of that receipt? You will be none the wiser.

The really odd part is later finding out the domain is not in your account like you thought and then later finding out the domain is with Namesilo and in another Namesilo account.

Coincidence? I'll leave that up to you to think about.

Would be pretty slick to poach domains from user searches or "domains not added in cart" and the user is none the wiser.

I mean look if you did what I did above. how many of you would think twice and check the cart to see if it's actually in the cart?

Give it a try today. see what happens. I think it's still happening right now.

How long as this been going on? God only knows.

Anyone else experience this with Namesilo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Noticed the same, their interface with bulk registration is to blame. Once you put names in bulk registration option and click search, it'll give option to checkout.

If you don't checkout at that moment and go back to add more domains to cart either by individual search or bulk search the ones you searched earlier wouldn't show up in cart.

I found it quite troubling as I had to remove all names and search them again together.

•••
I noticed what you are saying. The best thing to do is delete all from the cart and search again and recheck the boxes all at the same time. They changed something for sure.

Any good name you type anywhere is usually gone by the next day unfortunately.

•••
I too have been running into the problem where my cart empties once I add additional domains.

@namesilo Please fix this!

•••
Thanks for tag and apologies for the delayed confirmation. This issue was resolved last week but wanted to wait until our devs could conduct a post-mortem investigation on this bug. From what we have found, it appears a glitch occurred when we launched a recent price promotion and it limited multiple domains to be registered on the same order if they were added to the cart in different instances. Since the fix went out last week, we have not received any more reports of it happening but please do let us know if you're still encountering any errors and we'll investigate further.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

TNCENT.com
CryptoSTO.com

As it pertains to these domains:
- TNCENT.com appears to have been registered with us back in 2017 so it was likely a marketplace listing that you saw:
Domain Name: tncent.com
Creation Date: 2017-12-18T07:00:00Z

- CryptoSTO.com appears to have been registered about 1.5 months ago at Dynadot so not quite sure what happened on this one (perhaps it was a Sedo MLS listing you saw?):
Domain Name: CRYPTOSTO.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.dynadot.com
Creation Date: 2019-04-17T18:35:13Z

It also hasn't passed the 60 day lock yet so wouldn't have been possible that it was registered with us and transferred out.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you want our devs to look into these matters further for you. But please accept our sincerest apologies about the difficulties you faced. The last thing we want to do is to make it more difficult than it needs to be for you (our customers) to register your domains on our platform and we are constantly striving to make things simpler/faster while not compromising security.

•••
TNCENT.com was in my cart and I thought I had registered it but I guess not. It's "odd" that it IS registered with Namesilo.

You can believe me or not but if this cart issue has been happening since then. I can only imagine how many domains I have "suggested" to Namesilo since then.

CryptoSto.com

This was definitely in my cart prior to this registration.

It was registered over at Dynadot "because" it was left off my cart at checkout.

It was then registered at Dynadot as it was an obvious choice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back