Dynadot

opinion Better to Develop or Park?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Okay I have several domains that gets about 50 daily visitors each. And over 60% of the time, the visitor does a query. During this query, close to 50% of that time, they click on an ad. Now my question is would it be better to develop these domains into mini sites or just let them continue as is getting visitors who click close to 25% of the time.

The payouts per click averages about 50 cents each so it's a good return. But would I get more if they were developed? Potentially how much more? Or just be conservative and leave things along as it's steadily earning revenue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. If the domain is not a typo I would developed, In the long run you can double or triple your traffic if you have a real website.

2. It also depends on the niched if it can be monetized through affiliate links chances are you will be getting more. ( had a very specific domain with 20 uniques a day about lamps, made an amazon mini site and Im getting so much more from it compared to just parking it).

3. If you think it can only be monetize though PPC ads, I would stick to parking it.

•••
It really depends, some traffic converts better from parking only and some with the affiliates. Usually the returns with development could be much higher. If you have good and useful content you will get organic traffic slowly (but you should be patient), which is the traffic of best quality and 100% free. You dont have to buy links to do that. All you need is some creativity and find the themes which are not very common on Google. Try to avoid high CPC like car insurance quotes, since even small websites have budget of XX,XXX USD for marketing and you cant really stand out of a crowd. Hope that helps.

•••
ppc is the laid back, make money while you sleep approach

web development is real work.

imo.....

•••
Make a landing page with affiliate ads related to your domain.

•••
don't think to far! just create free blog with blogger! write something that related with your niche and publish!
I am sure if your domain have keywords, and you write about it, google will give you traffic! as long the keywords are not high comp. I am sure you'll get, 1 or 2 ppl! just write more and traffic more! and let the money roll! :)

Even if not happen, its free right ;) so no one lose!

•••
don't think to far! just create free blog with blogger! write something that related with your niche and publish!
I am sure if your domain have keywords, and you write about it, google will give you traffic! as long the keywords are not high comp. I am sure you'll get, 1 or 2 ppl! just write more and traffic more! and let the money roll! :)

Really? :) "write something that related with your niche and publish"!Was this an expert advice?
Do you think its so simple? "I am sure if your domain have keywords, and you write about it, google will give you traffic!"

Last edited:
•••
Really? :) "write something that related with your niche and publish"!Was this an expert advice?
Do you think its so simple? "I am sure if your domain have keywords, and you write about it, google will give you traffic!"

pay keywords research services, its only $3! they will give you 50-100 keywords that related with your niche! :) and then write about it!

anyway, I never said, I am experts! I am just saying, use blogger! its free anyway, and 100x time better! than any hosting that I know!

Last edited:
•••

Why would you want to use blogger if you have your own domain? 1) build a domaining website. 2) forward all your domains to individual sale pages to your main site. 3) put up relevant ads on every page.

Now you have started a domaining website and all your domains are feeding it traffic. You have landers for each domain for sale plus control of all your ads.

•••
Why would you want to use blogger if you have your own domain?

because Google love their own property! :) I like their server! fast and realiable, and it can hold 3k uV per day, and its free :)
24b22yg.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Develop with useful content, by far.
I really want some people to share which domains of theirs is getting the type of traffic where it's even worth parking on a page that looks like a big ad.

•••
I have some domains that do very well parked off type in traffic. However some also on the other hand I know would be better developed. But lack of developing can come from no time or not the seo experience or funding to make it rank well in search engines.

•••
I have some domains that do very well parked off type in traffic. However some also on the other hand I know would be better developed. But lack of developing can come from no time or not the seo experience or funding to make it rank well in search engines.
can you give a sample of this type of domain parked there and what you mean by "very well"? Cause i'd be be lucky if i get $.05 a day on bodis with around 500 domains parked there.

I'd rather develop the domain and put $ into it, and get affiliate sales.

Last edited:
•••
I'd suggest to develop just one and use all other domains traffic to monetize it. It will make life easier for you. You can also start affiliate marketing later on.

P.S. Web development and website monetization is totally different than domaining. Don't expect easy money at the start. You must need to put quality contents, do website optimization and be patient.

•••
I have a domain parked with Sedo that's receiving about 10 unique visitors/week. Would they be from Sedo marketplace or type in traffic? Is there any way to tell?

•••
I have a domain parked with Sedo that's receiving about 10 unique visitors/week. Would they be from Sedo marketplace or type in traffic? Is there any way to tell?

there are free tools online for that I think.

•••
Different approches:

1. If the traffic is targeted just send the visitor directly to a website with a affiliate link added to the redirect.
2. If not very targeted create a landingspage with a couple of small reviews with different products / services.
3. If the domain is getting a lot of traffic it might be worth a shot to develop it and add a lot of unique content (videos, reviews, pictures). A lot of type-in traffic can be a sign you can get a lot of aditional google traffic with ranking pages with keyword titles and onpage optimalisation.

I have the most luck (most profits) to just send the visitor directly to a affiliate site. When you let him land on a landingspage in between hey might go back or ignore (left) your page. I don't like to idea to have anything in between (lose the visitor) and most time when a visitor types in a domain he already knows what he want. Just send him to the best matching website there is with your affiliate link.

I still don't know if it is better to have a landingspage added and getting some extra type-in traffic from google or just redirect the domain straight to a affiliate site. Maybe someone else can share his experiences? I have added some landingspages in the past and had not a lot of patient but i think there are more profits if you send the visitor directly to a affiliate site with a redirect.

Free fullpage landingspage. Extremely fast loading because no wordpres is needed (no updates / hacking etc):

https://startbootstrap.com/template-categories/landing-pages/

Last edited:
•••
can you give a sample of this type of domain parked there and what you mean by "very well"? Cause i'd be be lucky if i get $.05 a day on bodis with around 500 domains parked there.

I'd rather develop the domain and put $ into it, and get affiliate sales.
Example is very good keyword dot coms and very few are adult even. I also generate a few sales a year from inquiry parked at bodis as well. I cover a vast amount of different niches and usually aim for higher paying keywords. heck I have had $6 zero click visits even.

Best sale through bodis inquiry was $x,xxx last year so far.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back