IT.COM

Best way to start for beginners?

NameSilo
Watch

korbes

Established Member
Impact
Hey, so I've found out that there is alot more in this domain business, than just buying a domain and selling it.. It isn't just that easy.
Can you guys recommend me any books to buy, or some guides/lessons on the internet?
I'd like to buy some books on amazon or ebay, not more than $10 per book.

You else got any nice tips n tricks for beginners, I am really fascinated of this business form and this forum!
People are really nice <3, and yeah haha.

Btw- I am thinking of creating a skype group, where we can discuss and exchange information/wisdom about this, from beginners to pros, if you'd like to be a part of that group please PM me or add me: "relaxabrate"

Best domain wishes
- korbes

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never seen such a book. There are may be a dozen possible strategies on domaining, and all I've seen are ebooks on specific strategies (eg: PBN, selling to local businesses, 4L...)

Also, there is a nice post on your subject just published
namepros.com/blog/where-do-you-buy-your-domain-names.933968

Beginner group: I am a bit skeptical. I did subscribe to one a couple months ago, and I have unsubscribed after a few weeks. I don't recommend it as it's been innundated by personal discussions and almost spammy offers. Forums such as NP are a better solution.

•••
•••
•••
If you're still looking for some good reading material then checkout Domain Name Brokers. They provide a free ebook on how to valuate domains names on their site.

Here's the link:

domainnamebrokers.co.uk

•••
•••
You might want to start by searching on NamePros the keywords "Beginner mistake" or maybe only "mistake" and read all the search result threads.

The harder part is to believe what you will read and not think you know better !!

Last edited:
•••
If you're still looking for some good reading material then checkout Domain Name Brokers. They provide a free ebook on how to valuate domains names on their site.

Here's the link:

domainnamebrokers.co.uk

Thanks for the link. Just read it-good overall and especially for explaining the Rosener equation and when it's not applicable, which I had mentioned in DS. It's a good starting guide.

•••
•••
no books . i just sit here stalking these pros posting, chatting ... been doing that since feb last year . Feb 2016, i start buying few names . dont know if they're good or not, this will be my first test

these guys are here to help. believe me . made few mistakes and they gave me good advice

thanks pros

•••
Read the sales report and buyer requirements in namepros.

•••
•••
Don't join DN.Academy or any domain course. It's basically all the knowledge you could get over here but they are charging you for it. I know successful people are endorsing it but they are basically paid to do it and the ones who aren't paid are just influential people who would say anything the successful people are saying. (You know, like Beliebers ;) )

The best way to learn in domaining is learning from your mistakes and reading Namepros. Just read threads.

Also Start with just one domain from Godaddy closeouts ->$20.

Sell it for 40, here on Namepros and go up and up till 2500 - 3000. Then Diversify your portfolio.

Best of luck

•••

The harder part is to believe what you will read and not think you know better !!

The best way to learn in domaining is learning from your mistakes and reading Namepros. Just read threads.

Over the weekend I think I proved the first quote from
@DoumB21 is true...which is why I'm hoping to learn from that mistake, as @DevHash advices: I had my first offer (ever) on a domain but quoted too high and they too low...so no sale. But after the fact, I thought of so many ways I could have handled that to maybe, possibly, turn it into a sale or at least gleam more info as to why they found the name valuable and work from there.

I was so excited to see there was a somewhat valuable name from among the C$ap I've bought. That alone was worth the dud offer/counteroffer. I take my small victories seriously! :)

•••
Don't join DN.Academy or any domain course. It's basically all the knowledge you could get over here but they are charging you for it. I know successful people are endorsing it but they are basically paid to do it and the ones who aren't paid are just influential people who would say anything the successful people are saying. (You know, like Beliebers ;) )

Also Start with just one domain from Godaddy closeouts ->$20.

Sell it for 40, here on Namepros and go up and up till 2500 - 3000. Then Diversify your portfolio.

Best of luck
sounds like you took Ali's 20 dollar to a baller challenge ;) I think I gonna partake as well hahah

•••
sounds like you took Ali's 20 dollar to a baller challenge ;) I think I gonna partake as well hahah

Well kind of.. Ali's challenge is for 6 weeks. It takes more than that to reach 5k because when you buy a domain at Godaddy closeout, it takes 7-8 days to hit your account. So it takes more time than that. Although we should follow what Ali says, he is the most reachable millionaire we know.

•••
Well kind of.. Ali's challenge is for 6 weeks. It takes more than that to reach 5k because when you buy a domain at Godaddy closeout, it takes 7-8 days to hit your account. So it takes more time than that. Although we should follow what Ali says, he is the most reachable millionaire we know.

Yeah im new to the industry, but it seems his methods work and from reading up on Rick Schwartz seems he agrees.

•••
Yeah im new to the industry, but it seems his methods work and from reading up on Rick Schwartz seems he agrees.

I'd endorse his method because when I joined domaining, I pumped $1500 in and haven't yet booked much profit as the renewals are coming up..

Ali advises to start from $20 so all you lose is $20. There are ways to start cheaper than that too. Claim a nice free domain from Namepros freebie section and sell it for 15-20 then buy a domain for 15-20 and so on. Forget about time constraint. Just keep on buying and selling.

•••
I'd endorse his method because when I joined domaining, I pumped $1500 in and haven't yet booked much profit as the renewals are coming up..

Ali advises to start from $20 so all you lose is $20. There are ways to start cheaper than that too. Claim a nice free domain from Namepros freebie section and sell it for 15-20 then buy a domain for 15-20 and so on. Forget about time constraint. Just keep on buying and selling.
Nice one!!

Gonna try that method. Im learning its not about being quick its about patience! Thanks for the tip

•••
Subb'd. Had the question, thanks so much for answering it!

•••
•••
1. Buy a paper shredder - a really nice one.

2. Start shredding cash.

3. When you can shred currency with zeros on it without flinching, you are ready to be a domainer.

•••

2. Start shredding cash.

3. When you can shred currency with zeros on it without flinching, you are ready to be a domainer.
ROFL :laugh::D

Ya need a lot of Appetite for High Risk..

•••

2. Start shredding cash.

LMAO

•••

2. Start shredding cash.

Lol we all need a lot of guts to be a domainer o guess that is what you mean

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back