IT.COM

Best way to sell at Sedo (and others)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi All,
I have been looking at numerous venues for selling some of my domains, and I am baffled by the multiplicity of options offered at reseller websites like Sedo.com and many other similar sites. For example, if one looks at the "Sell Domains" page at Sedo, there are several ways offered to place one's domain up for sale. The list consists of
1. Buy Now
2. Make Offer
3. Marketplace Auction
4. Direct Auction
5. Auction Events (Great Domains Auction)
6. Broker Service

Obviously, there are pros and cons for each of these options, but it is not clear what those pros and cons are or how to make the optimal decision. There must be individual considerations for both the domain name and the seller's need to sell quickly or not. However, one must have some concept of how to rank these options, and I simply do not have any clear idea of how to do that.

I'd like to put up domains like "abrasives.net", "accessfloors.com", "adornment.org", "airplanes.org", "aluminum.net" and many others of similar and better quality.

Can someone offer an explanation of how to make this decision?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lot of information on this topic on NP. Just search for it

•••
I like Make Offer with a number I feel okay with then push to auction if it gets an offer around the minimum.

•••
Hi Tim,

I sent you a PM.

Brad

•••
choose # 2

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
Well, I'll toss out how " I utilize Sedo " at the present time.

I am a passive, small scale seller, inbound only, type of domain guy who has an uncharacteristic patience
re domain sales.

In the past couple years have set BUY NOW prices on all my Sedo domains - take it or leave it, in effect.

Results - more name traffic, sales, so it works for me to date.

Notable exceptions as of late are my " new 25 + " and growing daily Crypto related names - these names are listed at Sedo with their " Make Offer " option.

That overall market is fast and fluid, lots of dollars and so want to wait a bit and get a better sense of real market values before BN pricing option replaces their Make Offer option.

I don't know if what I've described is the " best way to sell at Sedo " but to date that is my way to offer names for sale at Sedo.

•••
I listed my names with "make offer" but no sale. Then I included a resonable price on them. Still haven't made a sale though. But Sedo said that names with BIN sell 3 times more than a name with a make offer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back