IT.COM

strategy Best strategy to achieve higher sales...???

NameSilo
Watch

DomainerY

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hey there,

What should be the best strategy to achieve higher number of sales???

In case of brandable names and in case of generic names

Share your experience about marketplace too

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting topic, subscribed! Looking forward to know more.

•••
To achieve higher number of sales you should choose market category that have most volume each day.

Analize sales data and choose what kind of domains sell most, then try to find and register the ones that look alike and then offer them at marketplace or directly to end-users.

•••
One of the best strategies especially when it comes to generic names is to see what you have sold in the past and dig up names within these same niches. You can also look at what other people are currently selling and selling consistently and feed off that trend. One famous saying is, success leaves clues. So follow that and repeat the process.

A good rule of thumb for generics is to make sure there is enough interest from end users and this increases your chances of selling it.
  • End users can be people ranked on Google search for your domain keyword term
  • Related sites with your domain keyword in their domain as well (you can use Zfbot.com to find these type of sites)
  • Sites/companies that pay to be featured in Google adwords for your keyword term. (use google search and spyfu.com to determine who they are)
As for brandables I really have no clue but I am looking forward to the input of others =-D

- Will

•••
Lower your prices and you'll sell more. Raise your prices and you will sell less.

•••
If the domain is darn good and suitable for the company you are pitching to, then if there's anything that can increase the chances of selling that domain for a good price is to reach out to the right person of the business. The person who understands the value of domain names and is a decision-maker.

•••
If the domain is darn good and suitable for the company you are pitching to, then if there's anything that can increase the chances of selling that domain for a good price is to reach out to the right person of the business. The person who understands the value of domain names and is a decision-maker.
This is the million dollar question,How to reach to the right person????

•••
One of the best strategies especially when it comes to generic names is to see what you have sold in the past and dig up names within these same niches. You can also look at what other people are currently selling and selling consistently and feed off that trend. One famous saying is, success leaves clues. So follow that and repeat the process.

A good rule of thumb for generics is to make sure there is enough interest from end users and this increases your chances of selling it.
  • End users can be people ranked on Google search for your domain keyword term
  • Related sites with your domain keyword in their domain as well (you can use ZFBot to find these type of sites)
  • Sites/companies that pay to be featured in Google adwords for your keyword term. (use google search and spyfu.com to determine who they are)
As for brandables I really have no clue but I am looking forward to the input of others =-D

- Will[/QUOTE
Great info but after using these tools how to contact them for sales??

•••
•••
•••
If you are owner of brandable or 2 word brandable domains, don't spend all day at NP, register in startup forums and connect with people who want to start online business, you will be surprised how many people looking for new online opportunities.

Some of them can be your clients....:-,

•••
If you are owner of brandable or 2 word brandable domains, don't spend all day at NP, register in startup forums and connect with people who want to start online business, you will be surprised how many people looking for new online opportunities.

Some of them can be your clients....:-,
Can you tell which startup forum???

•••
Can you tell which startup forum???

make Google your best friend and surprise yourself - for "startup forum" I get About 62,100,000 results

•••
make Google your best friend and surprise yourself - for "startup forum" I get About 62,100,000 results
These are tonnes of forum,how will i get name buyers???

•••
These are tonnes of forum,how will i get name buyers???

1. find 6-7 active forums with more than 1,000 members, and daily new threads
2. register and say hello to the people
3. follow topics where people comment about starting a online business
4. in service section open new topic and offer your services as a domain seller

•••

I see there has been some great responses and suggestions on how to contact them.

The way I approach is quite simple, I use Whois to pull up contact information, check their site for contact section that has an email or even use tools like zoominfo.com and look people up and companies on FB.

There are many ways to get their contact info then just send a simple email.

Your first email should not have a price all you are looking for is to confirm if there is interest in buying your domain. You can tell them the benefits of owning it like redirecting it to their current site to get more targeted visitors or to use it in one of their marketing campaigns. Just keep it short and simple.

Most of the time they will respond with how much and this is when you state the price you want to be at, then let the negotiations begin! =-D

P.S: Someone recently suggested to follow up with a phone call as well, this is something I will begin to implement they said the results are great when closing out deals simply by using the phone.

- Will

•••
Back