IT.COM

question Best site to sell your domain?

NameSilo
Watch

Carl Smith

Established Member
Impact
I was wondering what the best site to sell your domain is, the one that you use that has a higher change of selling.

Godaddy - They offer to help you sell your domain by placing higher than other and highlife day traffic, is it worth it?

Afternic - Haven’t used them

Sedo - Used then once but never sold the domain

Dan - Haven't used them

Also can you use your own lading page once you post your domain or do they force you to use their own landing page directing to the sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're looking for Dan. Go see Laszlo, he 'da man.

•••
SquadHelp deserve a shout out

•••
You're looking for Dan. Go see Laszlo, he 'da man.

Do they force you to use their landing page or can you use your own?

•••
I promise you, theirs is much better.

•••
Use them all. More exposure for better chances at a sale.

I use Epik marketplace and landers with BIN
Afternic with BIN
Sedo with Make Offer
And Dan With Make Offer

•••
What @Ryan217 said.

Afternic network is the largest even though they are owned by the devil himself (Godaddy)
Afternic connects you most registrar markets.
BIN under 10K -“fast transfer” eligible preferbly $499-$699 impulse range under $2k

Then Dan (they are not in afternic network)

Then Sedo (they are not in afternic network)

Ryan uses epik landers, i do too, but landers is preferance. Try avoid those exclusive market like BrandBucket, Squadhelp etc, even tho SH does have buzz and much better than BB imo
Many say have results with Afternic lander, but i find them visually appealing.

Last edited:
•••
my strategy: trying to list all channels I may do, manage same listing prices for all channels

•••
The landing page. Do you honestly think people will see and click it from a list? It is all in the merit of name.

•••
•••
Make it a point to do outbound marketing to 5 potential buyers a day. To find and contact by email (or their contact form) 5 buyers every day takes me about 10 minutes.

I only market EMD's to potential buyers that are spending money on ads (Google PPC, Yelp etc). Try to make sure not to click on their ads and just go to their URL directly or you will end up costing them money.

Make sure the domain name goes to a page with a buy now (and make offer option). Tell them you are emailing others as well and they can buy it or make an offer by visiting the page. This is a very powerful way to get them to decide fast because they see that anyone coming to the page could just buy it.

Include the monthly search volume for the keyword (broad volume and exact) and include the average CPC. If you are using Dan you could offer installments as well etc. Always include your phone number in the email. (get a number that directs to your number, not your actual number). If it's your name tell them its your name and you are not a broker.

Selling names using outbound marketing is not easy (especially names that are over 1k), but sales do happen.

One of the biggest mistakes made by many sales platforms is not showing what others names have sold for, even if they are not related to your name. The average person does not know that every week there are domains that sell for over 50k and they don't know that many domains in history sold for over 500k.

I cannot even stress the importance of this information, this information closes sales, just like in real estate the agent knows that showing comps in the area that sold for more can only help.

I include some data in my emails about this, but if these platforms really want to help, let users opt to include some recent domain sales statistics or some other way that we could add some data.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back