IT.COM

Best registrar to move 500 domains to?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I can’t do Godaddy anymore. They are making it very difficult to navigate and for potential buyers to contact me.

Where is the best place to relocate? I like Name and Dynadot but it’s hard to trust any entity with 500 plus domains.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want peace of mind then i'll suggest you transfer all your domains to dynadot, i'm on dynadot last from few years and not encounter a single problem.

•••
The general consensus: move your names to Dynadot.

•••
•••
I have been a DynaDot customer for 15+ years.

Reasons to move to DynaDot:
1. Amazing UI. If you have more than a 100 names, why fight the worst Registrar UI ? Save time doing mundane tasks easily using DynaDot's well thought UI.
2. If you spent $5K / year with them, you get bumped to Super Bulk Pricing, which is really reasonable pricing
3. Nice people, I have met them at NamesCon, I've requested many features and they took time to hear me out and built those features.
4. Industry standard security.

BTW I have over 4K domains with them

•••
Is it easy to list domains for sale at 3rd party platforms with Dynadot?

My plan is to start transferring over as renewals come up.

•••
Godaddy is best but since you can't/won't do them I would suggest Dynadot or Namesilo. I like namesilo best push is a little easier than dynadot although either one does just require username now. Back when DD had forum name it was hard to push to buyers. I like namesilo because once I punch in username for push it auto-appears in the other parties account.

•••
Other registrars allow me to accept Sedo or Afternic with a click through e-mai
In my opinion, that's precisely the advantage of Dynadot. You can make a wrong click on that email, and you have already accepted for Fast Transfer your domain for someone else.

In Dynadot, you have to enter into you account and click to accept your domain to be listed at Afternic (and you can select them and accept them in bulk, if you want). And also, you will be able to see in your control panel, which domains are already accepted in Afternic, which are "pending" for acceptance in Afternic, and which are not. This doesn't happen at Godaddy, for example.

Also, at Dynadot you can remove any domain from Afternic when you want.
This doesn't happen neither at Godaddy, where once you accept a domain at Afternic, you cannot see its Afternic status, if it's listed or not, nor you cannot remove it later from Afternic.

And at Dynadot you can make a lot changes in bulk, selecting between a lot of options. It offers a lot of features and flexibility for people managing their domains.

Last edited:
•••
I am charged $11.99 plus ICANN. You must get a special rate?
I am checking now and your right ,but a couple weeks ago I was getting 19.99 renewal for some reason

•••
I was getting 19.99 renewal for some reason

Awful price, and now that I've just renewed my Discount Club, I no longer see any savings in that equation.

Plenty of other options.

•••
Dynadot has been great for me. I have more names at Namecheap and Godaddy, I keep getting sucked into the Namecheap transfer deals but boy do they suck at bulk domain management. In the long run, I can see moving most Namecheap to Dyna, but I’m also not unhappy with Godaddy.

•••
Edit: DYNADOT is GOOD in this sense. It was my mistake to register different but similar domains, caused by
search engine correction (probably).

DELETE THIS PART: (Dynadot is not good anymore either. Registered a domain, listed it, but it was not registered. Registered again. Now it appears twice on my account, but in reality it is still not registered. ....)

( ALSO) they give your info to U D R P= Anyone. EDIT: Not sure about this but U D R P gets our contact info if registered at Dynadot, but not if registered elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
delete.

Last edited:
•••
I too keep very few domains at GoDaddy now unfortunately.

Their interface makes it hard to manage domains.

•••
i used porkbun, and now i use dynadot

•••
•••
I can’t do Godaddy anymore. They are making it very difficult to navigate and for potential buyers to contact me.

Where is the best place to relocate? I like Name and Dynadot but it’s hard to trust any entity with 500 plus domains.

Thoughts?
Dynadot would be a good choice. I have more than 1k there over more than 1 year now. Not a single issue till today ... UI is good, name server changes update is instantaneous.

Go buddy, you will love dynadot.

•••
I ♥️Dynadot too. Been slowly transferring domains to them for years. As mentioned they are stable, have easy interface, able to remove/not accept Afternic listings in your panel, decent pricing.

Deals elsewhere don’t move me anymore when the control panel is cumbersome and frequently doesn’t work on mobile. There are many factors to consider beyond price.

•••
Does Dyna offer something along the lines of an account exec like Godaddy?

•••
No they don't but their support is very good. You can reach support by chat most of the time, unless they are very busy then you may have to wait a bit but mostly it is not an issue. Also if you are moving more than 500 domains and spending over $5000 you can get super bulk pricing which is reasonable.

•••
Dyna has account reps for bigger accounts, probably not for 500. Issue with dyandot even if you had an account for 10 years there, if you buy a domain in their aftermarket, you can't even push it to another account for 30 days, some really old restrictive rules still on there, not sure why.

•••
Issue with dyandot even if you had an account for 10 years there, if you buy a domain in their aftermarket, you can't even push it to another account for 30 days, some really old restrictive rules still on there, not sure why.
That’s actually a huge problem!

•••
They, aka Godaddy, have changed their options again for the contact form via Whois…

1. Domain name or content is being used in malware, or for spam or abuse

2. Domain name or content is infringing on a trademark or violating local laws or regulations

3. Research or other purpose

I’m not a fan of companies that can’t get it right. Last week they had an option to ask the owner if the domain was for sale.

•••
They, aka Godaddy, have changed their options again for the contact form via Whois…

1. Domain name or content is being used in malware, or for spam or abuse

2. Domain name or content is infringing on a trademark or violating local laws or regulations

3. Research or other purpose

I’m not a fan of companies that can’t get it right. Last week they had an option to ask the owner if the domain was for sale.
They would rather they buy it thru the platform, or afternic, or buy service, and collect 15%, controlling the narrative

Last edited:
•••

Thoughts?
Have been using internet.bs for years. They have great interface, easy to navigate, good prices if you have large number of domains

•••
I do not trust Godaddy because of their shaddy email practices in trying to effectively take leads which is what it seems this tentamounts to. I started a thread about it months ago and nothing was done. I moved ~400 of my names out and have about 1,300 more to move to Dynadot. Much cleaner and more manageable interface for large portfolio holders anyways.

Someone should start NoDaddy.com back up again lol as Godaddy practices lately seems like the old days/ways!

To answer your question OP, definitely go with Dynadot as most others have suggested.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back