Dynadot

question Best Place to sell domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

olavi

Established Member
Impact
I use normally Flippa for selling domains.
I started about month ago and i have right now 3 sales.

Where you market your domain?
And your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've managed a sale at Flippa, but nothing really to shout about. Most of my easy flips have been here at NP.

•••
This forum is one of the best places

•••
It all comes back down to demand.

•••
I have sold few on Godaddy Auctions, most of them here on NamePros and two when contacted directly by the buyer.

•••
I Have great experience with Flippa
I have 2-3 sales with e-bay also
and rest with namepros!

•••
I hold garage sales frequently for my domains, I find that works best. I put a few out by the road in boxes with real cheap prices, to entice people to stop and look. The more premium domains I keep in a glass safety case right beside my la-z-boy chair and the beer cooler, where I spend the day relaxing in between customers. There are a bunch of real cheap domains I keep in dusty boxes under the table, people can thumb through those and buy them at around .25 cents each. Sex sells, too, so I pay my cute neighbor to stand out on the sidewalk in her bikini and wave a sign over her head to entice the passing male motorists, I put a couple attractive domains on the sign and say they're 'buy one, get one free'. Yes, there is no better place to sell a domain than holding a garage sale or yard sale.

Hang on... maybe I am getting domains confused with my vinyl records.

For actual domains, my best selling venue is Google. I have them listed on Sedo and Afternic, but on those marketplaces my sales are far between because it's 'passive selling' - you just list it, and then sit around (on your la-z-boy) and wait for anyone to stumble across them and buy. Almost all my domain sales have been sold through the process of me contacting end users via finding them on Google.

Second best selling place is my domain's landing page; I keep a simple and clear lander for each domain and have my email address on it, and receive a steady trickle of 'how much' emails each month.

Third best selling place is the marketplaces (sedo, etc).

Fourth best place is the garage sale thing.

I know other people here use other tactics and venues, like Flippa and also setting up Facebook/Twitter accounts for their domains, and seem to make a few sales that way too, but I've never tried those.

Good luck :)

•••
I've consistently got 50% of my sales via GoDaddy Auctions. I also sell via Sedo, Afternic, I'm lucky if I get 1 domain sold on Sedo/Afternic in any year. MyOwnWebsite/Other gets a few domains a year sold as well. For what they're worth, I could probably dispense with Sedo/Afternic.

•••
I have personally purchased Domains here and resold them by doing research on Google and contacting people and companies directly. It consumes more of your time but IMO I believe the payoff is greater. I have had better results on GoDaddy than most other sites but mainly my sales are B2B.
Having your own website also helps, especially if you point them to each other creating backlinks which is always a plus.
Good luck!

•••
I agree with Bannen and SirDrago... Nothing is more effective than Google and selling to your domains to end users rather than B2B. Especially if you want a good ROI. It's not easy though!

And of course a good landing page is always a good idea :)

•••
Can someone give me example what message write to companies.
I own some very big brand domain and old domain. 14-16 years old.
But i think its very hard to sell them.

Right now i used Flippa to sell domains.
1) Tinyurl domain but not .com extension, 16 years old i sold $200
(Purchased GoDaddy expired domain auction)
2) 5 new adult tube domain i sold $171
(Purchased using GoDaddy coupon total spend not more than $20)
3) .guru extension domain with simple website service i sold $230

:)

•••
Right now i used Flippa to sell domains.

If you don't mind sharing, those sold through "No Reserve" auction OR "Fixed BIN" ?

•••
I have them listed on Sedo and Afternic

If it's okay for you to share, do you list them as "Make Offer" OR "Fixed Price" ?

•••
you can list your domains for free at grabflip.

•••
Try for znetlive's domain reselling program, a good source to earn money without investing much money. Always try to choose readable and attractive domain names if you want to increase your domain sales ;)

•••
Hi James,

Attract more domain Buyers for DOMAIN by upgrading your listing today!

Auction upgrades get results. Based on our sales history, homepage feature listings receive on average 300% more listing views and attract 3 times more bidders. Similarly, our Newsletter Upgrade promotes your auction to our subscriber list of 300,000+ Buyers.

3 times more bidders.

At the current rate of none, whats 3x0? Yep, still zero.

If people are stupid enough to believe marketing lingo then thats their bad imo.

Some common sense never goes amiss.

•••
What ever you can afford for your domain, be it Flippa, Sedo, godaddy or any auction player, at the end of the day it all depends how much you go further miles to market and sell your domain.
These sites provide you a plateform, (yes some ranked higher than other) but again how you dip in.

•••
I sell most names via Afternic.com

However, they charge 20%. That is a lot!

•••
I am using here, flipper, Afternic, Sedo and park at Voodoo - I am also going to contact people direct after finding them on google, usually whois (if not private) will give you the contact details

•••
If you are new try to use platform like Flippa and Godaddy then try to sell directly after you get experience in selling not recommend to you to start by selling directly, good luck

•••
I recommend to you Godaddy have a good repetitions

•••
I've started to put a daily offer in my sig, but I haven't had any takers yet. I'm starting to think that nobody reads my posts. :)

•••
I've started to put a daily offer in my sig, but I haven't had any takers yet. I'm starting to think that nobody reads my posts. :)
I just did:smug::hilarious:

•••
A lot of people make over $200,000 a year by buying domains on namepros holding domain 2 or 3 months then reselling on namepros, for a grand or two each.

•••
A lot of people make over $200,000 a year by buying domains on namepros holding domain 2 or 3 months then reselling on namepros, for a grand or two each.
a grand or two each thru np? To other members in the community? or just using the platform and doing outbound selling? I ask bcuz it seems a lot of domains seem to go for cheap in the marketplace, scrolling thru auctions for example...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back