IT.COM

opinion Best Place to Sell a Small Domain Portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am considering exiting the business ( I haven't 100% decided just yet), so I'm looking for opinions of whether I should list a small portfolio around 75 domains for sale on here or on Flippa, (or any other marketplaces) and which would be likely be best in terms of exposure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

just from a perceptive opinion...
i'd say one wouldn't be considering leaving the game, unless they weren't having any success.

but all that really matters, is the quality and price of the list.

if they are subpar, then they won't sell for much, if anything at all

if they are appealing, then make up some prices and post them for sale

and let the viewers decide.

imo....

•••
Hi

just from a perceptive opinion...
i'd say one wouldn't be considering leaving the game, unless they weren't having any success.

but all that really matters, is the quality and price of the list.

if they are subpar, then they won't sell for much, if anything at all

if they are appealing, then make up some prices and post them for sale

and let the viewers decide.

imo....

The only reason I'm even considering exiting is that I have two other businesses to manage and it would be ideal to have additional start up capital for a business that interests me more than the domain business. Thanks for your feedback, but again, it would be nice to have an opinion on what the best marketplace would be to list a small portfolio, instead of an opinion of why I should or shouldn't be selling them.

•••
it would be nice to have an opinion on what the best marketplace would be to list a small portfolio, instead of an opinion of why I should or shouldn't be selling them.

Hi

I feel ya

but one thing doesn't preclude the other, for where ever you decide to list

if you're looking for free options to list, then there is sedo, afternic, unireg, undev, np,, etc
others may have a listing fee, like flippo
or you could use namejet and put them all on a reserve or no reserve
but to me, there is no best place, because names sell everywhere.

it depends on how long you want to sell or liquidate and/or will they be at liquidation prices
are you willing to pay a fee to list and what the highest commission you're willing to pay?

lots of in between variables to consider, not to mention, what I mentioned in initial post.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
If you input "best marketplace" into the the NP search bar, there's all kinds of threads. Why not explore them?

•••
Hi

I feel ya

but one thing doesn't preclude the other, for where ever you decide to list

if you're looking for free options to list, then there is sedo, afternic, unireg, undev, np,, etc
others may have a listing fee, like flippo
or you could use namejet and put them all on a reserve or no reserve
but to me, there is no best place, because names sell everywhere.

it depends on how long you want to sell or liquidate and/or will they be at liquidation prices
are you willing to pay a fee to list and what the highest commission you're willing to pay?

lots of in between variables to consider, not to mention, what I mentioned in initial post.

Good Luck!

imo...

Marketplace experiences change, and often quickly. I created this thread to get updated feedback and/or feedback from those who perhaps have differences in opinions on the various marketplaces when it comes to selling a portfolio of domains, rather than individual names. Not to mention that hundreds of people with alternate perspectives are likely to have never contributed to previous posts on NP.

I'll also add that the responses these days on here are becoming absurd. Instead of adding to productive conversation, many threads often just go sideways. I've been a member of NP for over a decade. I know how the search bar works.

If you don't feel like contributing your thoughts on perhaps which marketplace is better for selling a small portfolio, that's perfectly fine. However, why even waste your time posting that I should "use the search bar"? By that logic, you could literally use the search bar for virtually every new topic that's ever created. In fact, let's just close the entire forum for that matter. There's no need for new threads. Afterall, there's a search bar right?

Last edited:
•••
Sorry about that- didn't mean to offend you, it was a legitimate response to a legitimate question. I was genuinely trying to point you in the right direction. There are tons of old-timers on here but are uneducated in certain areas due to rare participation. Obviously you are not one of them, again apologies.

I am a huge believer in using previous threads for education, however your point in up-to-date info is well founded. In your particular case, re entire portfolio selling, I know of other members that have liquidated their entire portfolios as a whole here on NP. On Sedo, if you have a domain listed, people can click a link on that page to see your entire portfolio. I believe many 3rd party marketplaces have that option actually. As for listing the entire portfolio with a BIN on them, not sure.

•••
Sorry about that- didn't mean to offend you, it was a legitimate response to a legitimate question. I was genuinely trying to point you in the right direction. There are tons of old-timers on here but are uneducated in certain areas due to rare participation. Obviously you are not one of them, again apologies.

I am a huge believer in using previous threads for education, however your point in up-to-date info is well founded. In your particular case, re entire portfolio selling, I know of other members that have liquidated their entire portfolios as a whole here on NP. On Sedo, if you have a domain listed, people can click a link on that page to see your entire portfolio. I believe many 3rd party marketplaces have that option actually. As for listing the entire portfolio with a BIN on them, not sure.

No worries at all. Not really offended, just irritated and ranted because I have seen so many derailed threads as of late on here. Thanks for contributing regarding Sedo. Peace.

•••
I'm looking for opinions of whether I should list a small portfolio around 75 domains for sale on here ... and which would be likely be best in terms of exposure.
You can create package sales on the NamePros Marketplace easily.

One of the most effective ways to liquidate domains is to run a winner’s choice auction where you have a lot of options and allow the winner of the auction to choose one or more of the listed domains if they win the auction.

There are also members on NamePros requesting to buy domain portfolios that you can submit your portfolio to:

Hope that helps,

•••
You could list and then point them all to Dan.com (previously known as undeveloped) Each domain landing/home page will link to your portfolio, showing the first half a dozen or so before scrolling on to the next page. Your control of the (very good) Text field can show that your interested in selling all your names as a portfolio. (just cut and paste the text to each domain)

Obviously if they have No traffic then no visits to your sales pitch either

Last edited:
•••
just list the names here at namepros in the appraisal section

the advice given afterwards will be more reliable

•••
Afternic is pretty good, i sold many domains there, you can try it out

•••
A portfolio is just a list of domains unless you have a niche. If your offering an industry you can demand if your holding the best. If you have what most call their portfolio your best separating your best names for sale. A portfolio is sold same as a domain to one buyer they have needs and then they drop or clear rest and will often buy list for just one or two names. So best place as in marketplace would be afternic but I wouldn't see anyone lining up for random domain lists.

Last edited:
•••
The only places I've seen entire portfolios sold is on Flippa and here on nP. At Flippa, you will pay an upfront fee, then a % of the final price. Here on nP there are no fees. :xf.smile:

Good luck!

•••
The only reason I'm even considering exiting is that I have two other businesses to manage and it would be ideal to have additional start up capital for a business that interests me more than the domain business. Thanks for your feedback, but again, it would be nice to have an opinion on what the best marketplace would be to list a small portfolio, instead of an opinion of why I should or shouldn't be selling them.
List them on as many marketplaces as possible. You are lowering your chances of selling if you just choose one marketplace.

•••
Back