Domain Empire

Best Parking Page Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
Although i generally hate these "whats your favorite/best etc" threads, im gonna start one nonetheless....

What do you think are the best examples of parking pages youve seen?? - please post example pages...

Obviously I ve seen a lot in my quest but the two that spring to mind for me are the individually tailored pages made for big traffic domains:

www.IRS.com - produced by parkingdots
http://www.directoryenquiries.co.uk/directory+enquiries.htm - produced by shopping.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i like those landers too, but i also hate them because they show up on a lot of domaisn i want.

•••
I'm really liking ND's new travel page it looks like less of a parking page.
hostel.ws Overall I have been very impressed with name drive! (Anyone ever sell a name on there BTW?)

cheers,

Lygia

•••
Hey who provides hotels.ws with parking service?

•••
i was actually really really hoping this wasnt going to turn into another pro-ND fest.

Were you hoping its was going to be a pro-1plus fest? :)
Although your 1plus parking pages are ok badger,
I think the new Namedrive and Sedo pages are tops in my opinion.

•••
texasgamer said:
Were you hoping its was going to be a pro-1plus fest? :)
Although your 1plus parking pages are ok badger,
I think the new Namedrive and Sedo pages are tops in my opinion.

Haha.... Far from it..

But thats what happens in a competitive market place...

Ask yourself a question, where do you think some of the inspiration for ND's new skins (which incidentally, are excellent) came from?

I just want to know what all the different examples of parking pages are - so that when we implement the AFD program onto 1plus.net we know how far to re-raise the bar.

So, like i say, please post examples. The title doesnt simply say "which parking company do you think is the best".

•••
Ask yourself a question, where do you think some of the inspiration for ND's new skins (which incidentally, are excellent) came from?
Ok I will bite....where? Are you saying what I think your saying?
That NameDrive has been inspired to create new skins becuase of 1plus?
Wow! If that is correct and you keep raising the bar then everyone will have to readjust to stay competitive.
I just love competition ;) Its makes life easier for us common folk!

I was going to post an example of my parking pages at Sedo and Namedrive, (I honestly think that they are the best looking), but I did not want to shamelessly plug my own sites. If you really want to look at them let me know and I will pm the names! hehe :)

Last edited:
•••
Just read yesterday according to research: the uglier the page - the greater the likelihood of the visitor clicking thru.

How's that for rank.

•••
texasgamer said:
I was going to post an example of my parking pages at Sedo and Namedrive, (I honestly think that they are the best looking), but I did not want to shamelessly plug my own sites. If you really want to look at them let me know and I will pm the names! hehe :)

Nothing wrong with a little shameless plug now and again, especially as it relates to Badgers question. Raising the bar, and friendly competition will mean more opportunites and more monies. Forums such as :bingo: NP help educate us all in further realizing the choices we DO have. A parking Company for the most part needs us (or our names) so that they can make money in turn.

Lygia

•••
•••
hmm interesting to where it is parked..

•••
•••
www. Pakistan .com

I wouldnt take this as an example of all the parking pages there.

A Country name dot com might rate a custom page, do ya think?

But it is a good example, and what the OP is asking for.
Like I said above, now confirmed by Ian... he's looking
to improve even more on 1Plus and I have to agree with
sirengirl's comment that some inter-industry competition
can only raise the bar and the profits for us.

Go getem tiger!

•••
The way i see it

Fabulous pays the best(they only take the best too)
Namedrive gets the highest CTR and has the best templates(look at their electronics template sheesh)
1plus.net has the best customization(mini sites, but direct parking, or blog, or news available too)
sedo has the best buyer-seller program(easy, safe and effective and usually quick)

Of course this is my opinion; other users experience may vary ;)

If you could merge the four we would never need to have this conversation again.

•••
Best Pages

FuelRisk.com

Last edited:
•••
Thx Dana...

Interesting to see fabulous has pictures for all occasions it seems. And fed by the AFD program.

Clean layout

•••
Badger said:
Thx Dana...

Interesting to see fabulous has pictures for all occasions it seems. And fed by the AFD program.

Clean layout

You can view our entire graphic library here. We have close to 300 category headers available and are contstantly adding to this.

We also offer custom sites for premium generic .com domains with a high volume of natural type in traffic. Some portals we have developed include:

racing.com
skate.com
bling.com
reptiles.com
kids.com

If anyone has domains they would like considered for a custom implementation, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
•••
Badger said:
ok, first draft attempt at some more straight parking skins
http://i-thankyou.com

Looks good Ian. It's nice and clean and my eyes were drawn to the ads section which should help CTR.

-Bill

•••
This is a clean page. I know, it's not a parking page.
But it really looks effective.

RealEstate.net

So I'm a little confused Ian, are you changing the format
of the news pages as well, or is this an additional feature?

Also the Pakistan dot com is an outstanding design.

kp

•••
droplister said:
If you think NameDrive is the only one pushing ahead you need to check out others. Plenty of private/personal parking blow nd out of the water.
I was just saying that it is the only one I use that I think is pushing ahead, right now I am just using ND, Fabulous, and Sedo for parking...

I just created an account at 1plus.net though and I plan on giving that a go for some domains.

What types of domains seem to perform the best there? And do they use PayPal as the payment method?

Thanks!

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
is this an additional feature?

:bingo:

Our vision is to create a one stop domain parking site...

If users want clean parking pages with only high paying sponsored links then their wish is our command.. This is what this thread is all about, we are looking for the best parking pages so that we can emulate and improve..

:)

•••
siteparker.com has a few interesting pages, albeit a little different. i've only seen a few of mine so far, like akfoods.com.

If they had a content-related tower banner on the right, it would be great.

One other thing I noticed: There seem to be small, random kanoodle ads that appear about midway in the main page, usually in the third ad...the pop-under page defaults to a main page of the kanoodle ad when the main page is clicked out of.

Edit: www.kingsmont.com is nice. Don't know who provides it, though.

Last edited:
•••
•••
ok, first draft attempt at some more straight parking skins
I am really impressed with this first draft, Badger. It really looks nice. You are raising the bar and good work!

•••
Badger said:
:bingo:

Our vision is to create a one stop domain parking site...

If users want clean parking pages with only high paying sponsored links then their wish is our command.. This is what this thread is all about, we are looking for the best parking pages so that we can emulate and improve..

:)

Thats a nice clean looking page Badger :)

I think alot of the parking pages could do far better with search engines than they seem to - This is one area that definetly needs improving in general.

Options to customize page titles, add meta tags and descriptions would be a nice help IMO

Mike Fabulous said:
You can view our entire graphic library here. We have close to 300 category headers available and are contstantly adding to this.
Thats a great selection of quality photos there Mike - Where do you buy these ? :blink: I'm always struggling to get good photos :td:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back