Dynadot

question Best marketplace for .it.com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Which is the best marketplace for .it.com domains?
Tried listing in Dan and Afternic but couldn't (seems .it.com is not supported)
Considering Sedo only as the last option as I believe the sellers country being displayed seems a privacy issue and also have an impact on the buyers decision to a level.

Is there a different marketplace which accepts .it.com domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

sedo prolly getting a promo deal to offer those 2nd level subdomains
to me, it's hype, and that may be why others are not accepting them.

imo....

•••
Hi

sedo prolly getting a promo deal to offer those 2nd level subdomains
to me, it's hype, and that may be why others are not accepting them.

imo....
Feeling the same. Got a better solid .it.com name than few names listed there in .it.com top domains and applied for top domain listing. But after a week in pending status it just got rejected. They are either giving preference to customers selectively or running a paid promo for .it.com domains under top domains listing.

Seems I have to wait for Dan / Afternic to accept .it.com domains.

•••
These are subdomains so cannot be listed on any marketplace. Steer clear.

•••
Seems I have to wait for Dan / Afternic to accept .it.com domains.

I doubt Afternic and DAN will ever accept this since it.com is not, in fact, a domain extension.

You trying to sell amazingkeyword.it.com is like me trying to sell anotheramazingkeyword.randomdomain.com -- no marketplace should accept these.

•••
These are subdomains so cannot be listed on any marketplace. Steer clear.
No. That's not right.
I have even Mex.com domain listed in Dan and Afternic.
And you can see many other subdomains listed there like, .uk.net, .net.co and many others.
Since .it.com is a new one its not yet added to their tld's list.

Last edited:
•••
My immediate thought was Sedo. Not only because of the extension (which isn't accepted on Afternic), but also because that seems to be the most popular marketplace for ccTLDs...

•••
Aside from whether or not we think IT.COM is a serious domain extension (I personally don't think so), here are a few comments.

IT.COM is a second-level domain, under which third-level domains can be registered by customers. These domains become available in public DNS.

IT.COM is not regulated by ICANN.

IT.COM is included in the public suffix list -- albeit in the "Private" section:

1681381100803.png

It's up to the domain marketplaces to decide whether or not to include a domain extension like IT.COM as tradable. Sedo offers the option to filter on IT.COM extension, and indeed, a selection of IT.COM domains is available on their website. Most probably however, this is about the IT.COM "premium inventory" (as designated by Intis Telecom itself), which may include domains that have not been registered before.

It's unclear to me if just anyone can list a (non-premium) *.it.com domain at Sedo.

Get.it.com website:

1681381059052.png

Sedo website:

1681381427040.png

Sedo website:

1681381622437.png

Delegation check:

know.it.com. 300 IN NS sl2.sedo.com.
know.it.com. 300 IN NS sl1.sedo.com.

make.it.com. 300 IN NS sl2.sedo.com.
make.it.com. 300 IN NS sl1.sedo.com.

;feel.it.com. IN NS

;box.it.com. IN NS

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

if you want to, you can do like @cipcip did or have him create names for you free.
see> https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-created-a-subdomain-register-service.1299054/#post-8889178

if it was > .com.it, then it might be seen as second level of country code for Italy.
as is > it.com is not

imo...

Thank you @biggie

Anyone can create a subdomain by visiting https://your-subdomain.hej.lt (replace your-subdomain with anything ) and create the HTML and Save the page . Afterwards a password is provided for you to later edit the subdomain and you can also send it to your email for safe keeping .

Last edited:
•••
Thank you @biggie

Anyone can create a subdomain by visiting https://your-subdomain.hej.lt (replace your-subdomain with anything ) and create the HTML and Save the page . Afterwards a password is provided for you to later edit the subdomain and you can also send it to your email for safe keeping .
Great. Thank you for the valuable info

•••
Which is the best marketplace for .it.com domains?
Tried listing in Dan and Afternic but couldn't (seems .it.com is not supported)
Considering Sedo only as the last option as I believe the sellers country being displayed seems a privacy issue and also have an impact on the buyers decision to a level.

Is there a different marketplace which accepts .it.com domains?

•••
Hi Leo,

At this time the only aftermarket sales venue is Sedo. We are talking to all registrars and hope, over time, that they will add it.com domains to their offers.

At this point GoDaddy doesn’t offer them. And being part of GD, neither do their aftermarket sales venues (Dan & AfterNic).

On a parallel path, while we talk to registrars, we’re also on a major campaign to promote it.com domains within the IT communities around the world as well as in Italy.

This year you will see us at all the major domain shows as we continue our campaign to bring on more registrars. Next year we’ll be doing more outreach to end users to build demand.

Feel free to call me if you have questions or want to discuss ideas. We’re all for helping out registrants and stakeholders. My contact info is relatively public (LinkedIn etc. )-

Joe Alagna - joe (at) it . com
+1 (951) 313-7200.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Leo,

At this time the only aftermarket sales venue is Sedo. We are talking to all registrars and hope, over time, that they will add it.com domains to their offers.

At this point GoDaddy doesn’t offer them. And being part of GD, neither do their aftermarket sales venues (Dan & AfterNic).

On a parallel path, while we talk to registrars, we’re also on a major campaign to promote it.com domains within the IT communities around the world as well as in Italy.

This year you will see us at all the major domain shows as we continue our campaign to bring on more registrars. Next year we’ll be doing more outreach to end users to build demand.

Feel free to call me if you have questions or want to discuss ideas. We’re all for helping out registrants and stakeholders. My contact info is relatively public (LinkedIn etc. )-

Joe Alagna - joe (at) it . com
+1 (951) 313-7200.
Great. If you are promoting it to the IT communities, then I am sure it has good scope in the future. Thank you for the update.

•••
Aside from whether or not we think IT.COM is a serious domain extension (I personally don't think so), here are a few comments.

IT.COM is a second-level domain, under which third-level domains can be registered by customers. These domains become available in public DNS.

IT.COM is not regulated by ICANN.

IT.COM is included in the public suffix list -- albeit in the "Private" section:

Show attachment 235683

It's up to the domain marketplaces to decide whether or not to include a domain extension like IT.COM as tradable. Sedo offers the option to filter on IT.COM extension, and indeed, a selection of IT.COM domains is available on their website. Most probably however, this is about the IT.COM "premium inventory" (as designated by Intis Telecom itself), which may include domains that have not been registered before.

It's unclear to me if just anyone can list a (non-premium) *.it.com domain at Sedo.

Get.it.com website:

Show attachment 235681

Sedo website:

Show attachment 235684

Sedo website:

Show attachment 235685

Delegation check:

know.it.com. 300 IN NS sl2.sedo.com.
know.it.com. 300 IN NS sl1.sedo.com.

make.it.com. 300 IN NS sl2.sedo.com.
make.it.com. 300 IN NS sl1.sedo.com.

;feel.it.com. IN NS

;box.it.com. IN NS

@Ron Jackson of DN Journal recently reported that "Be.it.com booked $4,990", but this is in fact a new registration like the other registry premium domains mentioned in my earlier posting ^

This is not an Aftermarket domain.

1682908440909.png

Last edited:
•••
@Ron Jackson of DN Journal recently reported that "Be.it.com booked $4,990", but this is in fact a new registration like the other registry premium domains mentioned in my earlier posting ^

This is not an Aftermarket domain.

Show attachment 236806
Yes. Many of the .it.com domains listed in Sedo top domains are actually not registered. The unregistered premium domains are just listed there. Seeing .it.com in the top domains list and seeing one of them sold for a good price, I got a false confidence and registered one domain, a really good name though. But till date there are no single views on that domain except the views I got from sedo when I applied for top domain listing.
It's better to wait for any demand before registering domains in new extensions. Lesson understood late.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I personally think it is a bit misleading to include these new registrations in the sales overview.
Hi

perception is a mother-fricker

so... if one perceives it to be something it is not and it get promoted based on perceptions,
then those who can't distinguish, will be the consumers.

still, anyone can do the same, given example provided by @cipcip
and if he sold his subdomains, then i guess those could be a classified as legitimate domain sales.

the thing is, these names have to autonomous, in that after the creator is gone, they can still function.

imo...

•••
perception is a mother-fricker

so... if one perceives it to be something it is not and it get promoted based on perceptions,
then those who can't distinguish, will be the consumers.

still, anyone can do the same, given example provided by @cipcip
and if he sold his subdomains, then i guess those could be a classified as legitimate domain sales.

the thing is, these names have to autonomous, in that after the creator is gone, they can still function.
Hi @biggie

Let me clarify a little more. This isn't so much about whether it's a 'subdomain' type thing, but more about mixing new registry premium registrations with aftermarket sales. This concerns every TLD (especially ngtlds) that is reported in this way (hmm... would this actually be happening much more often?)

Last edited:
•••
The origin is Sedo, reporting "Be.it.com" in their weekly domain sales overview.

Technically you can argue if this is indeed a domain "sale". I personally think it is a bit misleading to include these new registrations in the sales overview. At least one member (@Leo2k) already got fooled by this, as can be seen in the previous posting.

https://www.thedomains.com/2023/04/04/sedo-weekly-domain-name-sales-led-by-speedz-com/
Even another thread created related to same because of that promotion which made him/her think it's one of the top domains, which I referred to before buying the name.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/it-com-domain-names.1296919/

While small venues come up with lot of marketing tricks, I didn't expect that from Sedo until then and had a very high opinion.

•••
The worst part is, the name I have registered is taken in 600+ extensions.
But when I search in sedo with that keyword, it displays that keyword.xxx (xxx- all extensions except keyword.it.com).

So I believe though it's part of the top domain extension, they are not ready to promote it in their search results.

•••
but more about mixing new registry premium registrations with aftermarket sales. This concerns every TLD (especially ngtlds) that is reported in this way (hmm... would this actually be happening much more often?)
Hi

i dig your concerns, but i'm not one to focus on aftermarket sales.

still, anyone who digs into the reports and knows what a domain is, should spot the differences.

also, what are the renewal fees for some of those "registry premium" sales?

imo...

•••
also, what are the renewal fees for some of those "registry premium" sales?
Good question. Usually I test this with a dummy transfer, but with *.it.com it's not accepted at Porkbun. Could try InternetX maybe later. Or even better, I tag @joezeppy for this question. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back