IT.COM

Intis Telecom Launches a New Domain Zone, IT.COM

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Intis Telecom (it.com) announced the launch of a brand- new domain zone, IT.COM. The new Top-Level Domain is open for business right now at get.it.com and you’ll be able to select and protect any domain name in the new zone, for example yourname.it.com. Premium domain names will be made available for sale soon.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The new Top-Level Domain is open for business right now at get.it.com and you’ll be able to select and protect any domain name in the new zone, for example yourname.it.com.
Technically ".it.com" is not a top level domain, it only contains one (and a 2nd level (sub) domain as well).

•••
neither it.com or get.it.com resolve for me.

•••
It's working now. But it looks like they're just collection domains which they can sell at a premium from Dec 1st. I couldn't find ANYTHING to register. But I didn't try too hard, in case it gets listed as premium on Dec 1st :(

Last edited:
•••
•••
Will be interesting to see how it does. Some nice names are available at $49. Has anyone seen anything re will rate stay same for future years. How easy it will be to sell them remains to be seen.

By the way this is same company that bought IT in .uk and .co.uk:
Article 'Domain Name IT.co.uk Sells For About $242,000'
https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-name-it-co-uk-sells-for-about-242-000.1201542/

Hi Bob. So the domains you saw available. Could they be registered there immediately. Or does registration for everything begin on Dec 1st?

•••
I don't see this catching on with serious investors. There's some ccTLDs that have historical roots in sub-domains only and have been successful because the main was never initially avail, eg. co.uk vs .uk, but a case like this doesn't seem to offer anything new or useful for naming or basing a business on.

Don't waste your money. "IT" in general is very niche, let alone dependencies on the second-level domain for our names. Look at the emojis and y.at;
https://www.namepros.com/threads/y-at-emoji-sub-domains-go-viral-with-425-000-sale-more.1234034/

how is that faring? I think either you own it, or you don't, this sub-domain stuff doesn't feel right to me, and then it gets even worse when people start going with "related" terms.

•••
I would classify this thread as a thread which belongs to the "External Sales and Websites" subforum as the opening post describes where you can buy (sub) domain names right now.

•••
I would classify this thread as a thread which belongs to the "External Sales and Websites" subforum as the opening post describes where you can buy (sub) domain names right now.
I don't think so. Has it been you having all my threads moved to other areas? :/

This thread is definitely industry news, as it involves new domain registrations and formats on a new platform. Even if I'm not down with it, it is still news.

•••
Hi Bob. So the domains you saw available. Could they be registered there immediately. Or does registration for everything begin on Dec 1st?
I didn’t register any but it seems I could have for $49. Most I tried did yield the premium available later message. There is one I am seriously considering, but the third level and new means this will be risk to see if it catches on. I tried maybe 30, 4 or 5 were available for $49.
Bob

•••
IT also spells "it". There are plenty of phrases ending in "it". But most of the ones I tried gave the premium message also. I think there could be a market for domains ending in ".it.com". Although it would require seeing more about the pricing in Dec. IMHO. I'm not generally in favor of 3rd tier level domains. Depends on pricing. We, well me at least, will not go back until December to see what shakes out. I'm not overly optimistic about their motives though.

•••
Has it been you having all my threads moved to other areas?
I wasn't reporting any of your threads, not that I would remember.

However, for example, if I am convinced a post or a thread stays in the wrong subforum, then I may report it (and that only in case I have time to do so) - but of course with the best intention - simply to help creating a better experience for all members and visitors / readers.

Short, if I report something, one can be sure it is nothing personal (if, then I would inform the other party about it - but not in form of reporting his thread/s or post/s).

This thread is definitely industry news, as it involves new domain registrations and formats on a new platform. Even if I'm not down with it, it is still news.
At first glance it is news, yes - and in the beginning I read it just as news as well (that's why my first post in this thread doesn't refer to this point).

But if you look closer, you will recognize this "news" is in fact an indirect promotion as it is a report about where you can purchase someones external product right now.

In other words, it is about ongoing ("active") external domain name sales because a "(domain name) registration" is a purchase and a purchase is a "sale" by someone ((no matter if from a) private person or from a company).

•••
True Italian .IT is definitely better than such parody.

Last edited:
•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Thanks a gentlemanly response, appreciate it. I got hot-headed and it was unprofessional of me to be accusatory like that, baseless. I apologize.

At first glance it is news, yes - and in the beginning I read it just as news as well (that's why my first post in this thread doesn't refer to this point).

But if you look closer, you will recognize this "news" is in fact an indirect promotion as it is a report about where you can purchase someones external product right now.

In other words, it is about ongoing ("active") external domain name sales because a "(domain name) registration" is a purchase and a purchase is a "sale" by someone ((no matter if from a) private person or from a company).
Veering off course here, but yeah there's a lot in this section that's bogus, it's sort of been neglected and taken advantage of. I mean, when you get someone posting about a domain-inspired coffee as "industry news" it's really gotten kind of wayward.

True Italian .IT is definitely better than such parody.
I agree, but to be fair there are some geo restrictions on registering a .IT

•••
Any EU resident can register .IT
Or you can use registrar with Trustee contact like Marcaria.

Last edited:
•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATIThanks a gentlemanly response, appreciate it. I got hot-headed and it was unprofessional of me to be accusatory like that, baseless. I apologize.
No problem, nothing to apologize.
I know how it feels if the own content gets moderated (moved or deleted or even edited), I have experienced it more than once.
It just never cares me who reported it.

Veering off course here, but yeah there's a lot in this section that's bogus, it's sort of been neglected and taken advantage of. I mean, when you get someone posting about a domain-inspired coffee as "industry news" it's really gotten kind of wayward.
At the end, every sharing of information about a happening could be considered is news (at least for those who haven't heard already about it) but it is precisely this fact that makes it necessary to take other factors into account.
Ultimately it depends on the moderators ability to find out which category is the right one for a - in this case this - thread.
If I would be a moderator here, I would move this thread to the "External Domain and Website Sales" - subforum.

EDIT
I (got) a notice that this thread got moved (into "External Sales and Everything Else" > "Promotional").

Last edited:
•••
Will be interesting to see how it does. Some nice names are available at $49. Has anyone seen anything re will rate stay same for future years. How easy it will be to sell them remains to be seen.

By the way this is same company that bought IT in .uk and .co.uk:
Article 'Domain Name IT.co.uk Sells For About $242,000'
https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-name-it-co-uk-sells-for-about-242-000.1201542/
Hi Bob, I registred some nice names (50days ago) : News.it.com , Eco.it.com , int.it.com.

•••
Perhaps I'm not so bright. But I couldn't find anything worth buying for $49, and I thought all the premiums were overpriced. IMHO.

•••
I bought names.it.com for $49. I thought this was premium last time I tried. Quite a nice name :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back