Dynadot

poll Best/Favorite Registrar - End of year poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is your favorite/best registrar? (Before voting, please read the first post)

Impact
Who is you favorite/best registrar.

Poll closes on January 15.

You can make up to 3 choices.

Votes are public.

No employee voting.

No advertising from registrars in the thread.

Registrars in the poll are the ones used in the previous 4 polls. If your favorite one isn't listed, click Other and post in the thread. I will see if it can get added.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good that multiple votes are allowed. My choices for this year:

1) Dynadot. Even though I was assigned an account manager, I did not yet have to contact her... Imo it is a quality criteria.The things are simply working as they are supposed to. A minor issue I recently had (due to my own misunderstanding) was fixed by Live Chat agent quickly and efficiently. Besides, @Dynadot (NP member) is always open to suggestions and communications, and this registrar is constantly improving. The last but not the least, Dynadot participates both in Afternic and SedoMLS, which is important (for my needs).

Looking forward for further marketplace development, including pay-in options (payment plans), more payout options, extra landers.

2) PorkBun. My only complaint is the name :). On a more serious note, I am sorry that I did not try this registrar earlier. Discovered it in 2020. Very clean and simple interface. Good pricing ($8.56 for .com), the same price for retail and wholesale customers. Had to contact support once, with a request of extremely technical nature. Instead of further escalating the ticket to "highly skilled engineers", which I expected to happen, the customer service agent who responded... simply... did what I needed. Highly recommended!
No Sedo MLS support (yet?), but Afternic DLS (fast transfer) is available.

•••
Epik.com led by @Rob Monster

One few CEOS stands behind the product (post replies)

Constantly innovating; “You against the world, Rob.”

Only Registrar with lease-to-own flexibility as standard!
All Epik Escrow fees waived for NPers;
Safe! Epik never lost DN; Growing steadily. Go epik!

The best domainer-friendly registrar. Epik! Give em try;
————

2) Dynadot
Was close winning 2020 NP award. Worthy Registrar
————

3) NameSilo (Still) even after ownership change;

Samer

Last edited:
•••
last time i voted for godaddy
but now i voted for Epik
rob is extreme helpful & always there to help..
i feel confidence in epik i m transferring my all names to epik now slowly.
Thanks to @Rob Monster

•••
I foresee Dan will be my fave registrar next year.

•••
•••
With a total of 1,372 votes cast, the clear winner of the NamePros Best/Favorite Registrar End of Year poll is...........

Dynadot with 348 votes, 40.8% of voters putting them in their top 3. Congrats @Dynadot

Congrats to the other registrars, posting up the ones that received at least 100 votes:

2. Epik - 210 votes/24.6%
3. GoDaddy - 173 votes/20.3%
4. NameSilo - 160 votes/18.8%
5. NameCheao - 159 votes/18.7%
6. Porkbun - 112 votes/13.1%

•••
Thank you to everyone who voted, and thank you to all of our valued clients for your continuous support and feedback. Your feedback is always valued and shared with our team, so please let us know if there's anything we could do to make your Dynadot experience more pleasant, efficient, and beneficial to you. You can find our official thread here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-official-thread.1189088/

•••
•••
Epik.
Those guys are fantastic. They respond to mails within the blink of an eye. I love epik.

•••
Dynadot, the only one i never faced any issue at all

•••
Dynadot.com
Namesilo.com

Reason:
1) Stable register & renewal pricing
2) Most important they give 1 month grace period to renew expired domains.

•••
For me again Epik for this year. Porkbun is good too but not so many options like Epik. Dynadot 3th place for me.

•••
1st choice same as previous years: Porkbun. Hands down, best interface, fastest DNS and contact updates, superb customer service.. honestly list goes on.

then 2nd and 3rd, respectively: NameSilo and Epik. Both have superb customer service as well, though NS response times has slowed down somewhat.

This has been a difficult for anyone across all industries, props to all those rising to the challenge.

•••
It's been removed, thanks mods.

Looks like Porkbun is the hot up and commer. Will test them out and they might get a vote next year when I've had a chance to use them. Like others the name threw me off at first but I like that they have the crew on the front page with names/faces. 4 registrar race for 2nd.

I know they are moving up, nothing negative to say about them I never used them but I can't get myself to go with something named porkbun. I just laugh.

•••
Epik is, and has been, my favorite for a while because of pricing, privacy and customer service. I only voted once since there is not a way to prioritize order.

Godaddy has moved up on my approval list since they have added partial privacy (of course a domainer has to belong to their club to get the best registration prices).

•••
I no longer use Godaddy because they're no longer the cheap registrar as I've known them way back. But I still use their Auction, I sold a domain there.

•••
I use 3 registrars. But I voted only for EPIK. They beat others in service, so far.

•••
I was fan of namesilo but recently they didn't pay me pay out until 60 days have been passed for two sales citing risk and that the domains were recently registered and can't be sold for $2K.

Epik has been great, lately due to afternic issues I may move away some of my domain names.

Dynadot has been excellent for me, in every aspect. Seems to have every thing a domainer wants.

•••
Enom 0 votes... If my memory serves me right, in early 200x they were a de facto standard ("enom reseller account", $6.xx .com) for professional domaining purposes. 20 years - from the best to... It is unfortunate.

•••
I am amazed out of 645 votes, a few large registrars don't even have a single vote. That says a lot.

Brad
It's also impressive NetSol was still able to get 4 votes out of these :xf.eek:
Aren't they still doing frontrunning? (Otherwise, their pricing is absolutely out of budget, plus the time to get out of there is not worth it IMO)

•••
It's also impressive NetSol was still able to get 4 votes out of these :xf.eek:
Aren't they still doing frontrunning? (Otherwise, their pricing is absolutely out of budget, plus the time to get out of there is not worth it IMO)

You know what's funny I once sold a domain name to an end user and they insisted on Network Solutions. I said really? I will get you authcode whatever you like. But you are the first person I have ever heard want them.

He was like they are great do you have a (some kind of special account, I forget the wording) it's the best. I was like you are a Unicorn, someone who loves Network Solutions.

•••
It seems like Dynadot is in almost everyone's top 3.

They don't need self promotion or employee votes to win.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea what happened to enom but they are THE WORST. Incredibly expensive, forced WHOIS protection so nobody can find you to buy your names, have to get your auth codes via EMAIL only, One name at a time. Takes 5 days to transfer name. Just awful. I had 10k names there at once. can't transfer them away fast enough.
eNom did have its place and time, in the 00s to early 10s. They did fall downhill in my opinion though.

Epik continues to expand and the free DNS service by Epik is outstanding. I cut DNS lookup from 16ms using Dynadot to 4ms using Epik. If you are a developer looking for speed, this along with SSL handshake speed, will speed up your site... a definite ranking factor that could give you a slight edge over the competition.

Don't take my word for it. Try testing the DNS of each and seeing if investing in DNSMadeEasy or Amazon Route 53 is worth it... when they charge per query over X amounts on top of a monthly subscription.

To put the icing on the cake, for developers, Epik made it so much easier for any skill level to get behind BitMitigate (think Cloudflare, but free) that issues a free SSL certificate comparable to LetsEncrypt (but easier to install and debatable to be more secure).

On top of all that, if you are into sales, their marketplace allows you to park and sell domains at 9% commission as opposed to 10%. What's 1% though? Well, on a $10,000 sale, you would lose out on $100. Why leave $100 on the table when you could use that to purchase another name that could yield another $10,000 sale down the road?

There is absolutely no way Dynadot beats Epik as the latter is packed with so many features it's insane.

The only thing Epik has that can drag it down is that it's made for domainers with so many options to monetize investments and organization can be hard at first while Dynadot's UX is easy to follow. But, you're going to go with an easy control panel to lose out on all these features because of a slight learning curve? Especially when .coms are essentially the same price as Epik ($7.99 the first year, $8.99 the next divided by two = $8.49... the cost of Epik with a lot more to offer?)...

Come on now!

Especially when Epik integrates with NameLiquidate where you can get amazing names for $10-15... and so many other partners.

tl'dr: Dynadot does not come close to Epik/partners for features at the same price and doesn't trick you with low prices on year one and higher on year two, equaling Epik. Epik is straightforward, no gimmicks.

•••
1. - Dynadot
2. - Porkbun
3. - Sav

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back