Dynadot

domain Beginner with some n00b investments to start with- thoughts? - buymeup dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain invest3r

Pinyin domains for saleEstablished Member
Impact
HI All,

I am a n00b who has (probably rather foolishly) jumped straight into the domaining world and have bought a few domains. Would be grateful for any thoughts on these:

buymeup dot com- short sharp words. Could be used for a new ecommerce bargain website
dfed dot org- could be used for a federation beginning with d. Good four letter dot org
errrd dot com- a five letter dot com, easily pronounced.
flybynyt dot com- sceptical over this one. Was my first buy so may have been a but hasty but I think it sounds okay and rolls off the tongue. Perhaps a brandable cool aviation company
payz dot one- reads as payzone.

My gut is now telling me I jumped into this game a but too quickly but if that is the case- at least I will have learnt my lesson! I also have a few "drone" websites I will share soon.

Thanks for any thoughts (be gentle!)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sorry I meant n00b in the thread title!

•••
bump (thanks for moving this to the correct section)

•••
Welcome to NP forum!

IMO, only buymeup.com has potential - both in resale and development.

Before you go on the spending spree, read the forum as much as you can.
Read all you can about the current pricing: namebio.com etc.

And finally, no matter how tempting, stay away from everything but .COM
You'll have time in the future to explore the alternatives; for now, save yourself money and frustration...

•••
80-20 talks sense. But, I will say buying domains (is a bit like being a Chef) You can't just 'want-to-be' Just reading wont make you any better (Just give you a better insight)

You'll need that little /BIG bit of desire and creativity to be good. And I don't have a clue, how better to put it.
And That's assuming you've got the Business awareness already stamped in

Last edited:
•••
hi

do u know of namebio.com

u can go check stuff sold there for ideas on whats good or not.

stick to .com
unless your buying great words in other extensions
kywords is buying.. cause they are not available for reg.
example: cars.info is a nice thing to have
or stuff like this.

as far as I know every domainer when new made mistakes.

so your most likely looking at braking even or losing first year. but if you keep going after, and learn from mistakes, chncea are you'll be a milionaire.. just kidding.. chances are you will be making profit next year round.

goodluck

•••
buymeup and errrd have interest.

You seem like an inventive young chap which is cool, two/three word .com's could be your forte .....

•••
Welcome to NP forum!

IMO, only buymeup.com has potential - both in resale and development.

Before you go on the spending spree, read the forum as much as you can.
Read all you can about the current pricing: namebio.com etc.

And finally, no matter how tempting, stay away from everything but .COM
You'll have time in the future to explore the alternatives; for now, save yourself money and frustration...

Thanks 80-20, appreciate your advice.

I appreciate the others are very speculative but am hoping the four letter dot org and 5 letter dot com will pay for themselves and perhaps more in a year or two (not ideal but a mistake I will learn from)!

FlyByNyt dot com was a complete newb error to be honest but there may be some brand value in there somewhere.

I also quite like payz . one but only time will tell with the non .COMs!! How long do you think we will have to wait to see how other extensions will fare?

DI

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back