IT.COM

Bearglecoin Name.com Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So my fiancee backordered a domain in April 2016 with them. She got her refund last month (October 2016)...only in bearglecoins. They even gave an extra $12 in bearglecoins, each bearglecoin = $1 of credit with their site. Problem is... in the fine print it says you have 60 days to spend it before it expires! (Can't be used for backorders, renewals, etc...)

How ridiculous is that... domains renew every year, the odds someone would even notice this coming in is low and its hard to spend all that money as well, not to mention they have a $5 minimum that you have to spend for it to work. To me this is a scam and highway robbery.

We don't even have a use for the ( about $50) of beargle coins, we were not planning on spending $50 on domains name this month...

I uploaded a link below of some images from their contract to show the fine print in their agreement. Very shady...

Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_3_22_13_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_3_23_55_AM.png

Does anyone have a more trustworthy registrar they can suggest to me?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who reads the fine print ~ (South Park South Park S15, E1 – HUMANCENTiPAD Reference)(
)

•••
So my fiancee backordered a domain in April 2016 with them. She got her refund last month (October 2016)...only in bearglecoins. They even gave an extra $12 in bearglecoins, each bearglecoin = $1 of credit with their site. Problem is... in the fine print it says you have 60 days to spend it before it expires! (Can't be used for backorders, renewals, etc...)

How ridiculous is that... domains renew every year, the odds someone would even notice this coming in is low and its hard to spend all that money as well, not to mention they have a $5 minimum that you have to spend for it to work. To me this is a scam and highway robbery.

We don't even have a use for the ( about $50) of beargle coins, we were not planning on spending $50 on domains name this month...

I uploaded a link below of some images from their contract to show the fine print in their agreement. Very shady...

Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_3_22_13_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_3_23_55_AM.png

Does anyone have a more trustworthy registrar they can suggest to me?

They are desperate for money since they are losing lots on new gTLDs. Updated ToS.

I recommend NameSilo and Dynadot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back