Dynadot

Bad business approach!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.comTop Member
Impact
I have a client asking for .ws registration. I pointed this to www.centerdomain.com so he can register for .ws for $15. He came back to me saying that godaddy sell .ws for$9.95.

So I checked the site and confirmed ... wow!!!! This is bad marketing approach, godaddy beating it's own reseller price. IMHO, Godaddy slowly killing it's resellers.

Unlike enom, their price is $29.95 so they can give more space for resellers to resell domains to their clients (end user) in low price. Both party earn profits, not just the parent registrar.

Hoping godaddy (wwd) will realize this marketing approach.

Cheers to all,
TheWatcher

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats a good price for ws..
I think godaddy is a good place and i always using that place..

•••
•••
Godaddy has a sale on for .US for $4.95 and .BIZ for $5.95!

Aw shucks, who can do better than that? <-line from a stupid car commercial.

•••
Originally posted by painperdu
Godaddy has a sale on for .US for $4.95 and .BIZ for $5.95!

Aw shucks, who can do better than that? <-line from a stupid car commercial.

If you look this in long term perspective, this is a lot expensive reseller partner. IMHO.

•••
hmmm godaddy me like

haha

What I don't like about enom

1. we set up an account for pushes since so many resellers use enom

2. the free account through enom sucks, we've sent email after email asking yo how do we get a better price than 30 bucks (you think with over 1K domains we have at a few other registrars that enom would be on the ball)

3. we had to actually set up a couple of other enom accounts since we got zero support from enom, accounts like you know, free 8.95 reseller, etc

4. once we had half way decent enom accounts (8.95 level) we were able to push expiring domains from the main account we set up that enom never gave us info on how to reset to a lower level than 30 bucks

5. once we pushed the domains into the cheaper enom accounts we then had to give enom a lousy hundred bucks before we could even do a renew at the low level

enom is a JOKE in our opinion, we know all the resellers love them, but when you consider what other registrars offer, you will say screw enom

1. anyone can go to name cheap and get a free 8.88 account you dont' have to fund it you don't have use a third party etc

2. anyone can to godday and do 4.95 regs' for .us and 5.95 for .biz and 9.95 for .ws and 8.95 for anything else, no fillup fees etc

It's only a matter of time before godaddy has most of enom's business

enom = no support, godaddy.com I make a call and bang they know who I am

•••
I've never used Godaddy... I've always bought from my webhosting company. *shrugs* Lol.

•••
Originally posted by domainnameappraisals

1. anyone can go to name cheap and get a free 8.88 account you dont' have to fund it you don't have use a third party etc

Namecheap is a third-party eNom reseller. :p

•••
Re: Bad business approach!

Originally posted by TheWatcher

So I checked the site and confirmed ... wow!!!! This is bad marketing approach, godaddy beating it's own reseller price. IMHO, Godaddy slowly killing it's resellers.

Hoping godaddy (wwd) will realize this marketing approach.

I completely agree Watcher. GoDaddy should address these issues. They give resellers very little room to benefit from being a reseller. Their reseller program is not very flexible.

•••
They have to make a profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back