IT.COM

alert Avoid Doing Business With Hated (Kawing Chiu)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Duomain

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys, I'm unlucky to meet another people with no morals. He is @Hated on Namepros and Flippa (The same account name).

The story started on Flippa and the involved domain is HYSM.COM. I won the auction and send the payment on time and then no reply on Flippa. Then I contacted him via the WHOIS contact. He said his domain was stolen. But this was not accepted by me and Flippla (The involved Flippa account has been suspended https://flippa.com/8942241-hysm-com) I think Flippa could check the logging IP and judge whether the account was stolen or not. Also it's hard to steal his Godaddy account and Flippa account at the same time, right?

Another clue to judge @Hated is the Hated on Flippa, is through the domain Striver.com, which has same contact info. This is the thread posted by Hated: https://www.namepros.com/threads/striver-com.1018380/

So avoid doing business with him and people like him.

Kawing Chiu
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• hysm.png
    hysm.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up, Sorry to hear you were scammed, Hopefully their will be a resolution either by your funding or Flippa to reimburse you.

•••
@.X. Since I use Flippa Escrow, I'll get a full refund by Flippa. Just have exchange loss and time wasted. Maybe because of the bearish market, there are so many breaches of contract these days. Sigh...

•••
@.X. Since I use Flippa Escrow, I'll get a full refund by Flippa. Just have exchange loss and time wasted. Maybe because of the bearish market, there are so many breaches of contract these days. Sigh...

@Duomain , Great to hear you are covered by Flippa Escrow, We used to be able to sell by simple agreement using messenger and ect, Buy and sell, Payment made, domain pushed, a persons word used to be good enough to begin initiating a buy or sale, we hardly used to initiate escrow in sale below 2k, i saw many sales in the 2 to 4k range go straight Paypal. Name pushed, transaction complete in mere minutes.
what the hell happened to those days. :cautious:

•••
@.X. ... there are so many breaches of contract these days. Sigh...

Back when I had an office in a big city, I used to tell clients, "Look at all those skyscrapers out there. They look like they're made of steel, glass and concrete, but actually, they were built from agreements. People had to make and keep millions and millions of promises to build this city. Promises to work, promises to deliver, promises to pay for work and materials, etcetera."

When trust decays, and agreements have to bemore and more closely vetted and monitored, it imposes a cost on commerce. And web commerce has suffered from the inability of Law Enforcement to face the reality that Forgery and Deception are the Crimes of the Century. I still don't think there's one law school offering a class, or even a section in the main Evidence class, about how to deal with Digital Forgery, which is everywhere.

To combat crime, you have to admit that it exists. The fact that there is still no Federal law explicitly protecting domains from theft, just shows how far out of touch Congress is. Banks are awash in fraud, but do not want to admit it, because they would rather run a leaky ship than have real Bank Examiners looking over their practices. The Courts are awash in fraud, mostly perpetrated by the big players -- as the "robosigning" scandal revealed in the mortgage foreclosure debacle.

Domainers as a group are quiet and don't push their joint interests very actively. Indeed, I don't know of any domain group that sends lobbyists to DC. When that changes, then law will catch up with practice, and we will see a better set of laws governing the purchase, sale, renting, and insurance of domains.

•••
Sorry to hear about your transaction, these things happen from time to time.

I really like this

"People had to make and keep millions and millions of promises to build this city. Promises to work, promises to deliver, promises to pay for work and materials, etcetera."

It's always the people who keep their promises and agreements that end up achieving mutually beneficial long term goals.

"there are so many breaches of contract these days"

You're right, this whole new movement of changing the deal after agreements and transfer of funds have been made; that just destroys the spirit of fair play, and it can go on to crush team effort.

Keep your word, and over time you'll be surround by like minded people; and it works the same for those who are going the other way.

Good luck with this!

:)

•••
Tagging @FlippaDomains so they can be aware. They appear to be active on NamePros again.

•••
@Grilled Flippa does know that. They invested and refunded me full money. Hated's account is still suspended. You can check the provided link above.

•••
@Grilled Flippa does know that. They invested and refunded me full money. Hated's account is still suspended. You can check the provided link above.

Awesome, and well done Flippa.

I just wanted to ensure @FlippaDomains was tagged so whomever monitoring the NamePros account is aware of this thread in case they wish to comment further.

•••
It is a real shame that lot of this type of stuff seems to happen on Flippa. On the flip side of this, I've had two buyers who backed out after winning the auction.

•••
I just checked some records, I have done business with that person ten years ago.
4K purchase at another forum through escrow with no problem.
I don't what happened but while his profile at NP is fresh (2017) he's not a 'new' domainer.

•••
Hey guys, I'm unlucky to meet another people with no morals. He is @Hated on Namepros and Flippa (The same account name).

The story started on Flippa and the involved domain is HYSM.COM. I won the auction and send the payment on time and then no reply on Flippa. Then I contacted him via the WHOIS contact. He said his domain was stolen. But this was not accepted by me and Flippla (The involved Flippa account has been suspended https://flippa.com/8942241-hysm-com) I think Flippa could check the logging IP and judge whether the account was stolen or not. Also it's hard to steal his Godaddy account and Flippa account at the same time, right?

Another clue to judge @Hated is the Hated on Flippa, is through the domain Striver.com, which has same contact info. This is the thread posted by Hated: https://www.namepros.com/threads/striver-com.1018380/

So avoid doing business with him and people like him.

Kawing Chiu
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the heads up.

•••
Update: HYSM.COM was on auction and ended on November 19 by a new Flippa account (DomainMarketplace) and I won the auction and this time I successfully got the name.

https://flippa.com/9311535-hysm-com

When I send the payment, it shows the seller is still Hated. (See attatched)

It seems Flippa has changed the status of the defaulting domainer (removing the Suspended status) and allows the same person sells names on his platform.

Is this Flippa's policy to treat those who breaks the agreement? Is it good or bad?

Your opinion is welcome. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Inkedhysm_LI.jpg
    Inkedhysm_LI.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 42
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back