Domain Empire

Avoid 123-Reg.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you intend to register foreign domain extensions AVOID 123-Reg.co.uk like the plague. Their system is flawed and deceptive. In particular, I desired to register "anydomain.de" and when searching their available names query the "de" was added to the end of the domain so that you get "anydomainde.de" and they don't tell you that they don't register .de domains nor that only .de.com -- which are for the most part worthless. As a new user of their site and relatively new domainer attempting to register a ccTLD for the first time I'm disappointed that there website does not specifically state that they don't register .de domains. That's fine except to have the .de added to the end of what you actually want is unexceptable and deceptive. Furthermore, when I contacted them to explain the confusion and request a refund they refuse so I'm stuck with "anydomainde.de.com" -- useless -- I have disputed it with my credit card co. in hopes to get a refund of my $70+ dollars.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, if you do a search at their site for a name they only offer de.com! Are you sure you got a .de with your search results?

•••
Adding "de" to the end of the domain is ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
I've been with 123-Reg for over a year, have had no problems have 7 domains with them.
They don't do the proper CCTLD they only do .com.cctld

•••
visuelephant said:
If you intend to register foreign domain extensions AVOID 123-Reg.co.uk like the plague. Their system is flawed and deceptive. In particular, I desired to register "anydomain.de" and when searching their available names query the "de" was added to the end of the domain so that you get "anydomainde.de" and they don't tell you that they don't register .de domains nor that only .de.com -- which are for the most part worthless. As a new user of their site and relatively new domainer attempting to register a ccTLD for the first time I'm disappointed that there website does not specifically state that they don't register .de domains. That's fine except to have the .de added to the end of what you actually want is unexceptable and deceptive. Furthermore, when I contacted them to explain the confusion and request a refund they refuse so I'm stuck with "anydomainde.de.com" -- useless -- I have disputed it with my credit card co. in hopes to get a refund of my $70+ dollars.

:lol:

So you're saying it's their fault for not telling you they don't register .de domains?! How stupid is that?
It clearly states what extensions they do offer after searching. And .de doesn't appear in the results, at what point would you think it does?

I'll concede it is a bit silly that if you put an unsupported extension in the homepage search box it'll add the extension to your search query rather than put a message saying 'unsupported extension' or something similar; but you get to see the domain(s) you search for/add to basket/confirm at least five more times before the final confirmation.

I'd say you're guilty of not paying attention to what you're doing. You can't really use being an 'inexperienced domainer' as an excuse, as it clearly says what you're buying- do you not read the labels of packets you buy at the supermarket before putting them into your trolley?
I'm sorry, but you're not getting any sympathy from me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back