NameSilo

Automated Domain Appraisals, which is most accurate?

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by ZP1970, Apr 6, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. ZP1970

ZP1970 New Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I know automated domain appraisal sites are very inaccurate. I've read the tons of stories where they appraised domain names having no value while they eventually sold for thousands of dollars.

But I have the exact opposite problem. I've tried my domain name in several different automated appraisal sites. And although the value wildly varies, it's not zero. Not by a long shot.

I've listed the values below:

GoDaddy: $18.268
    Free Valuator: $22.950
    Domain Index: $68.300
    EstiBot: $115.000

So I have no clue what the domain name is actually worth, but which of the above would be most realistic? Regardless of what the domain name actually is (since I can not disclose it - sorry).

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

1st rule of domaining: Never use automated appraisal tools.😊

Just work out what its worth by approaching end users with it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. ZP1970

ZP1970 New Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I know that, but I was wondering given the metrics each site uses, which of these would be the least inaccurate.

4. kam

kam Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You can't rely on Automated Domain Appraisals for the real value of domains.
    You can only use those tools to help you do some preliminary domain filtering and it will save you a lot of time by cutting a huge list to a small list.

In following example, I found keyword domains liked PremiumCoffee.org and ItalianCoffee.org are available out of 170000 row of data in no time. Extensions count is a very good indicator.

[​IMG]

170,000 + results Before filtering
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  5. Kris88

Kris88 Established Member

theyre all crap, you really need to look at what domains that are as close to yours have sold for. I had a domain based around file hosting, said it would be worth $170...sold it for $2500, the appraisal tools don't counter in humans, in the sense that someone might see a domain that they absolutely love and will pay a premium for it, or just try to outbid everyone to get it.

6. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Automated Domain Appraisals, which is most accurate?

Hi

really?

imo...

7. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Add them all up
    Divide by four
    Multiply the total by 6
    Add $2,000 to the total
    And multiply the total by zero

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice