IT.COM

Augmented Reality (AR) domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last night I ignored the urge to register SpaceShipThree.com , and today the .com .net .org and .whatnot is all taken.

Today I decided to redeem myself and find another good dn investment. After a bit of investigation I discovered the huge potential of Augmented Reality: Google Trends: augmented reality . The estimated AR market size in 2014 is $732,000,000 , especially in AR marketing.

I think adverts and billboards shown as augmented reality on mobiles will become simply huge, and so I decided to get a piece of the pie, all new .com registrations:

ar+
advert
adverts
billboard
billboards
registrar

There are still a lot of possibilities available, so I thought I'd share this so you can also get a piece of the action :santa:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ARartists(.)com - couldn't wait lol, tomorrow is a different ball game.

•••
Apps are even less likely to survive in AR, especially when glasses take hold.

Imagine this: you're walking and you see a bunch of people crowded around a kiosk but you don't know why, because you need to wait till you're prompted to install the kiosks app first lol. Then every other service on the street has a f*cking app. Your phone will run out of storage and you'll get tired of installing (and uninstalling) sh*t all the time.

AR has 10 times more reason to dump the app model than VR does and possibly needs an appless model even sooner than VR...which means the need for domains will be even greater.

•••
Apps are even less likely to survive in AR, especially when glasses take hold.

Imagine this: you're walking and you see a bunch of people crowded around a kiosk but you don't know why, because you need to wait till you're prompted to install the kiosks app first lol. Then every other service on the street has a f*cking app. Your phone will run out of storage and you'll get tired of installing (and uninstalling) sh*t all the time.

AR has 10 times more reason to dump the app model than VR does and possibly needs an appless model even sooner than VR...which means the need for domains will be even greater.

Naaa man. It will just be one (or a few) app that all business can join to add their content. If you have the Tripadvisor AR app for instance you can walk down Backpacker street and notifications about each hotel you see will pop up. Or if you want to see what's on sale in the local stores there will be an app for that too. Or there will be an app that just lets you scan a QR code on the wall of the kiosk to see what's up.

I only use a handfull of apps today. One for maps, one for grocery discounts, one for music, one for news etc. No need for individual apps for each company.

Last edited:
•••
I only use a handfull of apps today. One for maps, one for grocery discounts, one for music, one for news etc. No need for individual apps for each company.

That's because we have the internet sir where 99.9% of businesses represent themselves with sites without the need to have another service. There will of course be apps like what you've mentioned, but it would be a sad, limiting reality if the world relied only services like trip advisor to represent themselves lol...not to say that won't be the stepping stone to a brighter future though. AR and VR will be app reliant for years of course.

Keep in mind that the most popular AR app will likely be your browser and the most versatile platform will be the internet/metaverse.

The app model is broken. The big corps know this and they're deciding that the internet is the solution. This is not my unique idea that I came up with. It's not my opinion. Just sharing with you what's being promoted by the guys who provide the platforms you use everyday.

•••
ARanimals in king 195$ sale (not mine).

•••
•••
•••
fingers-crossed
AugmentedReality. club
AugmentedReality. cloud
AugmentedReality. studio
AugmentedReality. marketing
AugmentedReality. pxrn

•••
fingers-crossed
AugmentedReality. club
AugmentedReality. cloud
AugmentedReality. studio
AugmentedReality. pxrn
It worries me that people write "fingers crossed" Domainers should be confident or avoid imo
~
I am happy to wish you luck of course,

Last edited:
•••
Watch Apple Demonstrate The New iPhone 8's Augmented Reality Features | CNBC

•••
•••
fingers-crossed
AugmentedReality. club
AugmentedReality. cloud
AugmentedReality. studio
AugmentedReality. pxrn

AugmentedReality .Space
AugmentedReality .Education

Last edited:
•••

IKEA Place lets you confidently experience, experiment and share how good design transforms your space.

IKEA Place marks an important milestone in IKEA’s digital transformation story. Built on Apple’s ARKit technology, IKEA is one of the first home furnishing companies in the world to bring AR technology to consumers, shifting the way we purchase furniture forever.

Available on iOS 11, IKEA Place lets you virtually place furnishings in your space. From sofas and lamps, to rugs and tables, all of the products in IKEA Place are 3D and true to-scale, so you can make sure it’s just the right size, design and functionality for your room.

IKEA Place breaks down the barriers to imagining what is possible, and makes the possibilities real. Now, you can stop wondering and start doing.

Feel the reality with IKEA Place
Now you can confidently experience and be inspired to experiment with how good design transforms your place.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Had a Lowball offer for $500 on - ARGoggles this morning, don't think its anything to do with the new iphone tho.....

•••
That spike on Google Trends will stay permanently up when Google, FB, ML and ultimately MS is throwing "Augmented Reality" at the masses in their marketing.

•••
•••
They need more money -

"Report: Magic Leap raising $500M to bring augmented reality glasses to market"

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2017/...-500m-bring-augmented-reality-glasses-market/

Whatever they do, I hope they realize that they have a rare opportunity to be the Apple of AR glasses since they'll be the first to release something serious. It better be slick, clean, not bulky and blockish. Extremely simplistic in it's design and UI. It should look like normal glasses. And it should be wireless and connected to a CPU that is in your pocket or wrist or something....

•••
Whatever they do, I hope they realize that they have a rare opportunity to be the Apple of AR glasses since they'll be the first to release something serious. It better be slick, clean, not bulky and blockish. Extremely simplistic in it's design and UI. It should look like normal glasses. And it should be wireless and connected to a CPU that is in your pocket or wrist or something....

Totally agree

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back