Dynadot

Augmented Reality (AR) domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last night I ignored the urge to register SpaceShipThree.com , and today the .com .net .org and .whatnot is all taken.

Today I decided to redeem myself and find another good dn investment. After a bit of investigation I discovered the huge potential of Augmented Reality: Google Trends: augmented reality . The estimated AR market size in 2014 is $732,000,000 , especially in AR marketing.

I think adverts and billboards shown as augmented reality on mobiles will become simply huge, and so I decided to get a piece of the pie, all new .com registrations:

ar+
advert
adverts
billboard
billboards
registrar

There are still a lot of possibilities available, so I thought I'd share this so you can also get a piece of the action :santa:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The question is now, what will they call them? I wonder if it'll be something obvious like iGlasses (though I think that's already in use), or something more creative.

Glassees a simple play on Glasses?

•••
Glassees a simple play on Glasses?

Possibly. The radio test could be a challenge though with it sounding so similar to glasses.

It's an interesting guessing game though, especially for lottery ticket domaining :xf.smile:

•••
Possibly. The radio test could be a challenge though with it sounding so similar to glasses.

It's an interesting guessing game though, especially for lottery ticket domaining :xf.smile:

AR or Augmented Glasses is my bet.

•••
AR or Augmented Glasses is my bet.

Yeah it does sound like they'll refer to them as AR or Augmented Glasses.

I'd have personally expected them to also use a brand name like the iSomething, but for glasses there aren't many options really, iGlasses, iSpecs, iShades.

But after they simply decided to name their smartwatch the Apple Watch and not iWatch, perhaps they'll simply be called Apple Glasses.

•••
Yeah it does sound like they'll refer to them as AR or Augmented Glasses.

I'd have personally expected them to also use a brand name like the iSomething, but for glasses there aren't many options really, iGlasses, iSpecs, iShades.

But after they simply decided to name their smartwatch the Apple Watch and not iWatch, perhaps they'll simply be called Apple Glasses.

Apple wont fall for this reality game trap.
It will be i something or whatever coined term they chose for their device.
Their device will be an all in one device at the end, I doubt that such a device will go to consumers in 2017.

•••
Deviceless is already coined and in my possession :)

iGlasses, iSpecs, iShades all badly fail the radio test with 'Eye'

Last edited:
•••

Look I am a huge AR fan. But I follow Rob Scoble and he does not refer to it has AR. This is his post less than 15 minutes ago.

Only reason mentioning this is because the article is refering to Rob Scoble being the source.

What apple are working on will be capable of VR, AR & MR (all in one)

And yes I do believe they will brand themselves uniquely and not VR, AR or MR.

Screenshot_20170110-185644.png

Last edited:
•••

SmartMonoculAR

Lenovo™ New Glass C200 Adds Smart Glasses to Portfolio

At CES 2017, Lenovo is showcasing Lenovo New Glass C200 (along with compatible AR software), a smart glass product that leverages two of the hottest technologies in the industry today: augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI). This smart glass solution has the capability to provide commercial customers the ability to better perform their jobs, access information faster, connect with remote co-workers easily and so much more.

Lenovo New Glass C200 is a monocular smart glass system that recognizes and identifies real-life objects using AI technologies. The product comes with two main parts, a Glass Unit and Pocket Unit, making for a user-friendly wearable experience.

Read more: http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/lenovo-new-glass-c200-adds-smart-glasses-to-portfolio/

and http://www.newbd.com/ces/html/index.html

•••
SmartMonoculAR

Lenovo™ New Glass C200 Adds Smart Glasses to Portfolio

At CES 2017, Lenovo is showcasing Lenovo New Glass C200 (along with compatible AR software), a smart glass product that leverages two of the hottest technologies in the industry today: augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI). This smart glass solution has the capability to provide commercial customers the ability to better perform their jobs, access information faster, connect with remote co-workers easily and so much more.

Lenovo New Glass C200 is a monocular smart glass system that recognizes and identifies real-life objects using AI technologies. The product comes with two main parts, a Glass Unit and Pocket Unit, making for a user-friendly wearable experience.

Read more: http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/lenovo-new-glass-c200-adds-smart-glasses-to-portfolio/

and http://www.newbd.com/ces/html/index.html

I'm hoping all these new press releases and videos will lead to some public Smartglasses domain sales in the near future, with it being nearly 5 years since Smartglasses.com was bought.

•••
•••
AR will be used as an overlay so can be used in different fields to show important info.
One of them is the medical field to show info about medicines.

MedicineAR.com

•••
AR will be used as an overlay so can be used in different fields to show important info.
One of them is the medical field to show info about medicines.

MedicineAR.com

It's a no-brainer AR cannot be ignored by practical any business.

Check out http://medicalar.com

•••
•••
•••
AR domains should do well as an investment

I have

ARexperts (com)

Leaving domaining so if anyone wants it then feel free to chuck me an offer via pm

you let go of xxxAR pretty fast .

gl

•••
ARgadgets dot com sold on Flippa for $280 2h ago.

•••
ARVanityMirror - ARMakeup - MakeupAR

Mirror, Mirror… Element Electronics and FaceCake Help Consumers "Makeup" Their Minds

An Innovative Vanity Mirror That Transforms Into an Augmented Reality Experience Displaying Multiple Makeup Looks & More

Element Electronics, in partnership with FaceCake Marketing Technologies, Inc., debuted a NextGen vanity mirror and an Augmented Reality experience all in one here in Las Vegas at CES 2017, January 5-8.

Most of us have been there. Wishing for a magic mirror that shows you what your makeup looks like before you apply it – potentially avoiding that dreaded lipstick or eye shadow mistake.

Through the miracle of technological innovation courtesy of Element Electronics and Augmented Reality leader FaceCake, you can now have your cake and eat it too (pun intended). That is, if your "cake" is a great vanity mirror and you are "sampling" a variety of no-risk makeup looks while multi-tasking.

It's a mirror, but it is also so much more.

This traditional and sophisticated vanity mirror with adjustable LED lights and a sensor that accounts for the natural or artificial lighting conditions of the room can instantly transition into a personalized AR environment that lets consumers virtually see cosmetics and accessories – whether they own them or not – on their real-time reflection while receiving personalized recommendations and purchase options.

Read more: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...keup-their-minds-300387547.html#continue-jump

•••
AR-HUD - AugmentedLens - AugmentedHud

DigiLens raises $22 million to make ‘eyeglass-thin’ augmented reality displays

Display technology maker DigiLens has raised $22 million to create better augmented reality and virtual reality products in which digital information lies on top of transparent glass.

The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company makes diffractive optical waveguide technology and nanomaterials for AR and VR, which could be a $108 billion market by 2021, according to tech advisor Digi-Capital.

DigiLens’ technology can enable “eyeglass-thin” AR heads-up displays for motorcycle helmets, car windshields, VR headsets, aerospace applications such as fighter jets, and AR smartglasses, said Jonathan Waldern, CEO of DigiLens, in an interview with VentureBeat.

“We enable a massive reduction in size and form factor,” Waldern said. “This funding allows us to expand our scope to focus on the next areas. Today’s science fiction is tomorrow’s science fact.”

“Data on glass is a term I coined to encompass the utility of mixed reality,” said Gilman Louie, founder and managing director of Alsop Louie Partners and lead investor, in a statement. “We are betting on a variety of AR applications from stock picking and telepresence to autonomous driving and gaming, all benefiting from DigiLens optics and AR-HUD breakthrough.”

Read more: http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/19/d...ake-eyeglass-thin-augmented-reality-displays/

•••
ARhuds.com HUDdisplays.com mobileHUd.com

•••
•••
•••
ARTactilePlay

Get Qurious Maker Box Introduces Kids to Augmented Reality Play

Pokémon Go got many people to engage with an augmented reality game for the first time. But Los Gatos startup Get Qurious wants to expose even younger kids to AR games through tactile play.

The company has introduced the Get Qurious Maker Box, which combines physical game cards with an interactive digital world. Using AR imaging, you can use the physical game cards to spur storytelling animations on the iPad. It is targeted at children ages 4 to 9.

You play by holding a physical game piece — such as a picture of a cartoon pig — in front of the iPad’s camera. The app recognizes the pig and triggers an animation. The first Maker Box takes the classic “Three Little Pigs” story and brings it to life as an animated storybook through the app, the interactive story cards, puzzles, a sticker book, and pretend play masks.

Read more: http://uploadvr.com/get-qurious-maker-box/

Last edited:
•••
ChatroomAR - Should I drop?

•••
ARstorytelling.com
augmentedrealityplay.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back