Domain Empire

.mobi Auction of 100 Premium dotMobi domains on SEDO this month!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Read more on dotMobiz.com!!!

The rules are good for .mobi I think..

Cheers,

WEBecri

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent work MobiMaven. Sometimes a little oil in the right place can make a lot of difference.

The only question is - why is mtld not doing this???

•••
Nice work MobiMaven - great minds think alike. I've got Liquor.mobi for auction at Sedo.com right now (reserve was $500) and I'm counting on the owner of the dot.com to jump in at some point.

Afterall, he's starting a worldwide liquor delivery service in 2008 and he can't afford to have someone else bite into his mobile traffic. Mobile phones will be the most popular way to order a case of beer or bottle of vodka for delivery to a house party or hotel room. :hehe:

PS. If anyone is interested in any of the domains in my signature, I've got surprisingly low reserves at Sedo.

•••
MobiMaven said:
I agree 100%. I've been contacting the .com owners to let them know about the auction. Finished with about 45 of the names, and hope to get the other 55 this weekend. I even got one positive response from a guy who had no idea about the auction...

MM

awesome work
rep added mobishavenhaven
:hehe:

can't wait for the auction, should be a blast.
if 40% sell a great success imo.
lets see what the reserves are

depending on what happens, this could be the last week of stupidly cheap prices on the aftermarket

Jeff said:
Is the term "Windows" also generic? :blink:

Again, they may be potential ™ issues here, IMHO ... surely those considering the auctions and possibly purchasing the domains will investigate this aspect further, in my view. Perhap, even, those .COM owner's may wish to acquire the respective .MOBI's, as well?!? :lala:
-Jeff B-)

if you're selling windows (as in glass things on the wall) :hehe: , no problem
in fact if you're selling anything other than the competitors in differnet tm classes, you should be fine
sure people will always try and wipo your ass

you're right though, if you are gonna spend big bucks, you gotta cover your ass
also, yes the com owners may wish to come in for the mobis

either way the ideal scenario imo is around at least 40%/50% sell (depends on reserves of course)
they all get developed inside a year

be nice if a few nper's get the ones they want too

there is one that i fancy big time. i may have a punt
again depends on reserve, if its 2 buttons and a bit of fluff, i'm in :hehe:

•••
accentnepal said:
The only question is - why is mtld not doing this???

I was wondering same ... are they? ... yet when I go to their blog I get the latest entry of Sept. 17th ".mobi vs. .eu ... Voice your vote!" (actually encourging folks to vote on another forum for .MOBI over .EU), IMHO. :guilty: :snaphappy:

And ... the premium Sedo auctions start this Wednesday, correct? :|
-Jeff B-)

•••
Oboro said:
Nice work MobiMaven - great minds think alike. I've got Liquor.mobi for auction at Sedo.com right now (reserve was $500) and I'm counting on the owner of the dot.com to jump in at some point.

Afterall, he's starting a worldwide liquor delivery service in 2008 and he can't afford to have someone else bite into his mobile traffic. Mobile phones will be the most popular way to order a case of beer or bottle of vodka for delivery to a house party or hotel room. :hehe:

PS. If anyone is interested in any of the domains in my signature, I've got surprisingly low reserves at Sedo.

Good luck with that, and don't be shy--let the .com owner know it makes sense for him to buy the domain. Then let his competitors know that it makes sense for them to buy the domain. It's nice to have one deep-pocket buyer at an auction, but it is so much better to have two!!

MM

•••
MobiMaven said:
Good luck with that, and don't be shy--let the .com owner know it makes sense for him to buy the domain. Then let his competitors know that it makes sense for them to buy the domain. It's nice to have one deep-pocket buyer at an auction, but it is so much better to have two!!

MM
Already done MM. Looking for competitors now.

•••
arnie said:
mobishavenhaven
:hehe:

Just picked up on that one--LOL!

•••
every mobier doing his or her best brings us all up higher on the humanity scale

MobiMaven said:
I agree 100%. I've been contacting the .com owners to let them know about the auction. Finished with about 45 of the names, and hope to get the other 55 this weekend. I even got one positive response from a guy who had no idea about the auction...

MM

Great Mobi Drive from Great Mobi Passion!

More Rep!

Kind Regards,

Yelo

•••
Yelo said:
Great Mobi Drive from Great Mobi Passion!

More Rep!

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Thanks, Yelo. As always, great hearing from you. Glad you are back to full-time posting--it was pretty dull around here when you took your sabbatical. Regarding the first 100 premiums in the Sedo auction, just tonight I sent out the 100th and final e-mail to the .com owners. In the next few days I'll be Googling each premium name, seeing who is paying for the keyword, and letting them know they can pick up the mobi starting this week. Nothing better than a good bidding war!!

Kind of a coincidence that I heard from you just now--earlier tonight I saw a post from someone who asked if you would consider writing a book recounting all of your stories. That is a great idea, and of course Yelo.mobi would be a perfect site for it. I was going to reg it and push to you but regrettably it was already taken. Such is life....

MM

•••
Good job MM, and see you next week to review the Sedo .MOBI auctions! :gl: :talk:

Hopefully there will be some End users here -and- at the forthcoming T.R.A.F.F.I.C. :blink:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Work In Progress said:
acc said:
But again ... in order to continue a "professional dialogue" and not just duck and ignore a valid question triggered by your own postings, exactly which of these 100 .mobi names to you consider to be "a LOT of DUDS"?
acc....you're trying to catch a greased pig, my friend. Might as well give up now... we can only guess by his previous post that the names not mentioned are considered "duds"? ... we may never know.....
90% DUDS IHHO???
ask ... ask ... ask ...
duck ... duck ... duck ...

again ... Jeff,
1. IYHO, exactly which names do you see here that fit into the category of "a LOT of DUDS"?
2. What quantity would a normal average person consider to be "a LOT"? 1/100? 5/100? 10/100? 20/100? 30/100? 40/100? 50/100?
3. How many of these "DUDS" fit into your "$0 - reg fee undeveloped IMHO" rubberstamp appraisal?
4. How many of the 100 would YOU have paid $100 for if they were available during prereg or landrush?

Please explain your thinking. Thanks.

accidents.mobi - forum.mobi - advertising.mobi - free.mobi - alerts.mobi - freedownload.mobi - als.mobi - freedownloads.mobi - antispam.mobi - freesoftware.mobi - ask.mobi - funds.mobi - atm.mobi -get.mobi - atms.mobi - hello.mobi - automobile.mobi - hospitals.mobi - automobiles.mobi - hosting.mobi - bag.mobi - hotstuff.mobi - bank.mobi - image.mobi - bed.mobi - images.mobi - beds.mobi - index.mobi - bills.mobi - insurance.mobi - blue.mobi - interviewtips.mobi - book.mobi - loans.mobi - books.mobi - marketing.mobi - busca.mobi - message.mobi - calculator.mobi - moto.mobi - calendar.mobi - mp3downloads.mobi - casa.mobi - mutualfunds.mobi - cell.mobi - payment.mobi - cellphone.mobi - peace.mobi - chat.mobi - pension.mobi - chatrooms.mobi - pet.mobi - chats.mobi - pets.mobi - colleges.mobi - police.mobi - credit.mobi - pumps.mobi - creditcard.mobi - push.mobi - creditcards.mobi - qoutes.mobi - creditdebt.mobi - rent.mobi - cricket.mobi salaries.mobi - currency.mobi - sales.mobi - dad.mobi - searchengine.mobi - debito.mobi - sell.mobi - debthelp.mobi - stockmarket.mobi - desktop.mobi stockprices.mobi - dinero.mobi - surf.mobi - domain.mobi - taxes.mobi - domainname.mobi - telefono.mobi - domainnames.mobi - telephone.mobi - domainregistration.mobi - telephones.mobi - donwload.mobi - trade.mobi - download.mobi - traffic.mobi - downloads.mobi - voip.mobi - e-mail.mobi - webcam.mobi - exchange.mobi - webdesign.mobi - firstaid.mobi -wifi.mobi

•••
Correct, the names that I did not mention previously above ... generally would be the ones that I would think, as a friendly prediction in advance of the actual Sedo auctions, would be "duds" based on the hype and lofty expectations of the .MOBI Rosey™ crowd, IMHO. :gl:

Supply vs. demand, recent very low $Xxx sales of LLL.mobi's, and unclear guidelines regarding "enforcement" of future development of these premiums add to the uncertainty and current malaise in the .MOBI aftermarket, in my humble view.
Time will tell ...
-Jeff B-)

•••
WOOT!

Auctions start tomorrow Guys!

Should be exciting.
What percentage will sell do you think?

Can't wait! Could be amazing for the aftermarket & endusers seeking domains imho, for the coming months :imho:

•••
•••
you make some valid points.
tbh becuase most domainers/investors etc are aware of the sedo auction i think people will click over the page a bit more.

you're right though, i almost never do normally

my main concern is like you quite rightly point out, they all end same time. how stupid ius that?

also, i worry the reserves will be too high.

its a complete guess but i think 30/35% will sell. if they do it will be ok i think

•••
Jeff said:
Correct, the names that I did not mention previously above ... generally would be the ones that I would think, as a friendly prediction in advance of the actual Sedo auctions, would be "duds" based on the hype and lofty expectations of the .MOBI Rosey™ crowd, IMHO.

Supply vs. demand, recent very low $Xxx sales of LLL.mobi's, and unclear guidelines regarding "enforcement" of future development of these premiums add to the uncertainty and current malaise in the .MOBI aftermarket, in my humble view.
Time will tell ...
I guess that someone who sets up unrealistic expectations or one who SETS THE BAR TOO HIGH could be disappointed with even very, very good results. My question has been answered as expected - without a good detailed explanation. So if you still think that 90%+ of the 100 generic .mobi names in this first SEDO auction are "DUDS" then your definition/application of the term "DUDS" is abnormal and way off base in terms of this discussion.

My guess is that your misunderstanding of positive outlook and expectations of the vast majority of .mobi name owners and supporters clouds your judgement. We do not think that ALL of these names are $xxx,xxx names. We understand that a few might likely get up to that range, many will be in the $xx,xxx range, most will end up in the $x,xxx range, and some will sell in the $xxx range. Obviously what actually sells does depend upon the reserve levels which we will not know until we see the actual bids progress. IF the reserves are all in the low $xxx range 98%-100% of the names will sell. IMHO - IMHO

Of course supply and demand figures into any market. A release of 100 names might seem like a lot at once at first glance to the uninitiated. But these names have been held for a year so demand is pent up for the mtld premium names.

Those who have criticized the holding back of names by the registry finally have the chance to put their money where the mouths are. Those who understand the great potential of the mobile web space and dot-mobi names and missed landrush, have the opportunity to get some really nice names. Those who are looking to top off their holdings with premium names now have the chance. And businesses large and small who are just learning about .mobi and its marketing potential now have the chance to get with the program.

And finally, those who still don't get it, who continually complain about dotMobi, and who try to undermine the market through negative inferences and misinformation will just have to sit and watch .... and then grin and bear it.

And finally, finally ... to all who have one or more of these 98% NON-dud beauties in their sights - Best of luck in your bidding.

-acc

•••
Get ready guys, auctions start tomorrow! Or maybe today, depending on where you are.

•••
garrett200 said:
Get ready guys, auctions start tomorrow! Or maybe today, depending on where you are.

woot...get out the Dr. pepper and buttery-popcorn

•••
PS. ^ What he said ... ^

Good Luck, friends ... get your popcorns, candies, and Dr. Peppers all line up! :music: :wave:

See you then.
-Jeff B-)

•••
dentalpro said:
woot...get out the Dr. pepper and buttery-popcorn

Good luck guys! I hope we don't need it, but fear we will.

P.S. To enhance your viewing experience, you may want to try lobbying Sedo to do something about the simultaneous end of the 100 premium auctions (they can easily solve that problem in a few minutes, and make us all less poor as a result), and/or about any of the other issues outlined here:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/378028-vote-will-any-premium-mtld-100-a.html

•••
I've got my shopping list ready and waiting!

•••
http://mobility mobi/images/smilies/new/pop2%5B1%5D.gif

•••
Mobi Cheap said:
Good luck guys! I hope we don't need it, but fear we will.

P.S. To enhance your viewing experience, you may want to try lobbying Sedo to do something about the simultaneous end of the 100 premium auctions (they can easily solve that problem in a few minutes, and make us all less poor as a result), and/or about any of the other issues outlined here:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/378028-vote-will-any-premium-mtld-100-a.html

AGREED
If everyone does it now, we stand a chance of nursemaiding these twats
Just sent this via contact form:

Hello,
i am contacting you to point out the growing alarm from the domainer community that all your .mobi auctions end at the same time!
Who is responsible for this error?
I think you need to adjust the endtimes at least an hour apart, it would be very simple to fix.
Please get back to me on this urgent matter.
Thankyou

•••
arnie said:
AGREED
If everyone does it now, we stand a chance of nursemaiding these [expletive deleted]

Just sent this via contact form:

Hello,
i am contacting you to point out the growing alarm from the domainer community that all your .mobi auctions end at the same time!
Who is responsible for this error?
I think you need to adjust the endtimes at least an hour apart, it would be very simple to fix.
Please get back to me on this urgent matter.
Thankyou

A man of action if there ever was one!

Many thanks indeed Sir, at least from me.

I think we should have sent you there in person, but with less than two hours to go even you can't make it now. (Just joking Sedo, OK? Don't terminate me - I'm just trying to make you more money and loose less of mine!)

But seriously, all 100 auctions still say "end time: Oct/03/07 12:07 PM ES12:07 PM EST", which may well go down in history as the end of the beginning of the .mobi dream.

Last edited:
•••
I have my shopping list ready too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back