Dynadot

domain Auction.com sold for 1.7 million $, so what about this domain? - auctionScreen.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please choose the approx price range for this domain

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • XX $

votes
    72.0%
  • XXX $

votes
    16.0%
  • XXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXXX $

votes
    12.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Mickey

Established Member
Impact
auctionScreen.com

auction.com sold for 1.7 million dollars in 2009
and is so much successful till now .

auctionScreen.com can also be used in a similar way to compete with auction.com.
I can define this domain in following way:-
auction : You know well.
screen: A panel on any device where data are displayed.
So auctionscreen.com together means "a panel where any kind of data or any kind of activity related to auctions are displayed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are well meaning comments to add another perspective to the name.

I've been to numerous auctions as a buyer, I've chaired several small auctions for beneficiary organizations and, I currently receive both email and hard copy catalogues from a few major auction houses and, I used to collect topical antique auction catalogues.

To the best of my knowledge I've never heard nor read the phrase " auction screen " used in connection to any auction.

If you believe in the name give it your best efforts!

Thank you man
Planning to launch a website this year with auctionscreen.com
Whats your opinion

•••
I am a believer in following one's personal reasonable instinct's regarding domain name purchases, domain name sales and, in their creative use in website development.

So in my opinion if you have a vision, a plan, for a website titled " auctionscreen.com" and have the ideas and content to support the website, give it your best efforts.

•••
•••
I didn't read it all before i voted, AuctionScreen.com, I don't see any value with the name, I am trying to grasp the "Screen" of the name, But i can't.

•••
•••
In future, if you want input from veterans with +20 years experience, please mention this in your initial post, that way members without that kind of experience won't waste everyone's time - yours and theirs & mine.
Just wanted to say: this is a public forum with open membership, everybody has the right to comment and contribute. You cannot dictate who gets the right to comment or not :)

•••
I am a believer in following one's personal reasonable instinct's regarding domain name purchases, domain name sales and, in their creative use in website development.

So in my opinion if you have a vision, a plan, for a website titled " auctionscreen.com" and have the ideas and content to support the website, give it your best efforts.

I do appreciate your support. Just started working on website development.

•••
I do see a purpose for this domain. I am not saying it is valuable or will sell for any amount. But, when I go to auctions, domain auctions, car auctions, etc - the information about the auction is on a screen. Now, most of those screens are not called auction screens, it is simply just a plain white screen. But that is the only purpose I see and not sure how to value this name with only 1 use. If you have a domain that can work in multiple companies and in multiple types of businesses you may have something. We can use Auction.com as an example. Is it home auctions, car auctions, estate auctions, ocean front property auctions, sports memorabilia auctions, domain auctions etc. Good luck

Christian

•••
I do see a purpose for this domain. I am not saying it is valuable or will sell for any amount. But, when I go to auctions, domain auctions, car auctions, etc - the information about the auction is on a screen. Now, most of those screens are not called auction screens, it is simply just a plain white screen. But that is the only purpose I see and not sure how to value this name with only 1 use. If you have a domain that can work in multiple companies and in multiple types of businesses you may have something. We can use Auction.com as an example. Is it home auctions, car auctions, estate auctions, ocean front property auctions, sports memorabilia auctions, domain auctions etc. Good luck

Christian
Thanks for your detailed review. Really appreciate your appraisal .

•••
Auction screen is not even a brandable(I have no clue what that is), so I say it's worth $0

It can only gain value from developing something useful with it.

Example I would never buy fiverr with two ("r's), but the business behind it now gives it value.

ZERO

•••
•••
Do not illusion judgment of anyone's dull for 5 figures, it's only worth the low xx or even zero

•••
All kidding aside
Contact the expert and offer him to buy it for $2000 and you will find out what expert advice is worth
He had no expert appraisal at sedo .that would cost him 10 x more than he paid for the domain. If you did have an expert appraisal tell the guy to refund the money and you will give h8m the domain free . something tells me in 10 years your name will still be om the whois. Thats if its not open for registration hand reg

•••
All kidding aside

He had no expert appraisal at sedo .that would cost him 10 x more than he paid for the domain.
Ha ha ha ha
just 10 x cost ....u don't know to whom u are talking with .

•••
Why is this thread still alive? Haven't you received enough abuse, I mean appraisals?

It's not worth much (and that's being generous.)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back