Domain Empire

domain Auction.com sold for 1.7 million $, so what about this domain? - auctionScreen.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please choose the approx price range for this domain

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • XX $

votes
    72.0%
  • XXX $

votes
    16.0%
  • XXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXXX $

votes
    12.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Mickey

Established Member
Impact
auctionScreen.com

auction.com sold for 1.7 million dollars in 2009
and is so much successful till now .

auctionScreen.com can also be used in a similar way to compete with auction.com.
I can define this domain in following way:-
auction : You know well.
screen: A panel on any device where data are displayed.
So auctionscreen.com together means "a panel where any kind of data or any kind of activity related to auctions are displayed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
this domains are all free to reg:

AuctionSuper.com
AuctionShine.com
AuctionGreat.com
AuctionChampion.com
AuctionPure.com
AuctionMain.com
AuctionCrown.com
AuctionOriginal.com

+ I can find at least a few hundered more

Could be AuctionScreen.com worth more than reg. fee? I don't think so!

•••
The sale of Auction.com, a top tier single word .COM, has zero relevancy to this domain.

I don't see too much value.

Brad

•••
But some expert appraisals have already appraised it for more than 8000 $ on sedo

Contact the expert and offer him to buy it for $2000 and you will find out what expert advice is worth

Last edited:
•••
According to Namebio, Auction[+word].com have been going at low - mid $xxx recent years. A few Auction[+strong keyword].com domains have reached the $xxxxx range.

I'm not sure what an auction screen is or what this domain could be used for. Is "auction screen" commonly used in relation to online auctions? Reg fee IMO.

Probably XXXXX if auction.com went for 1.7 million.
I'm afraid no such pricing "rule" exists :)

•••
I can't see any special value

•••
reg fee name

you can't compare the sale of a premium one word name to yours, in any kind of way

period!

imo....

•••
In future, if you want input from veterans with +20 years experience, please mention this in your initial post, that way members without that kind of experience won't waste everyone's time - yours and theirs & mine.
Just wanted to say: this is a public forum with open membership, everybody has the right to comment and contribute. You cannot dictate who gets the right to comment or not :)

•••
•••
reg fee I have almost 20 years and I can hand reg a better domain starting with auction in 3 min. if you cant accept what the members appraise your domain for than don't bother asking,it seems like you know more than everyone else anyway, good luck with your gem

•••
Appreciate the time and opinions we take to help each other out.

I didn't say 0 or 1000 but because auction.com sold that high doesn't mean that every auction name will go that high on an auction. Want2Learn is a great man and very interested in domaining but i think he was a bit too quick by judging this one. If you don't like the opinions here well put it up for sale and show us something else. Everybody will be happy for you. Don't see it as an attack but just opinions from fellow domainers/businesspeople with together more than 50 years experience as i have + 10 myself for example. Goodluck

•••
I am a believer in following one's personal reasonable instinct's regarding domain name purchases, domain name sales and, in their creative use in website development.

So in my opinion if you have a vision, a plan, for a website titled " auctionscreen.com" and have the ideas and content to support the website, give it your best efforts.

•••
Thanks for your feedback.
But some expert appraisals have already appraised it for more than 8000 $ on sedo

great feeling ?

I have a domain that is appraised for $1.500 K USD
nobody bought it so far...
not even a $100 USD offer...
there must be something wrong

•••
•••
Put it this way ,if you start an auction here at namepros at $1 with a $200 buy it now ,the auction would only reach $14-$22 and that high bid will not be mr. want2learn that's my opinion

•••
There is little to no value in this name, not a term I would ever think to use or search for, this means it is brandable. Brandables need big budgets for advertising. To compare both names is crazy.... apples and oranges. Both fruit but completely different

•••
Don't see any value here, sorry. The 2 words don't go together in a way that a native English speaker would use naturally.

Who would be the buyer? eBay? To screen auctions? Doesn't make sense to me.

•••
Reg fee. IMO ... A name should make proper sense. If it would had been DNauction.com , then this might have value ( Max mid xxxx to end user) .
Another way to promote...Dnauction.com.......lol
Well thanks for your appraisals...

•••
Appreciate the time and opinions we take to help each other out.

I didn't say 0 or 1000 but because auction.com sold that high doesn't mean that every auction name will go that high on an auction. Want2Learn is a great man and very interested in domaining but i think he was a bit too quick by judging this one. If you don't like the opinions here well put it up for sale and show us something else. Everybody will be happy for you. Don't see it as an attack but just opinions from fellow domainers/businesspeople with together more than 50 years experience as i have + 10 myself for example. Goodluck

Well , Mr. M I appreciate all of you guys to change my wrong mindset .
Will try to come with valuable domains next time.

•••
Ok let's jump ahead 10-15 years and people are using Holographs more regularly ,,,, "hang on I will be with you soon, I just gotta check AuctionScreen to see if there are any bargains" Us domainers really do have a great imagination

•••
Name got no value...if you're just starting out..don't register domains. Buy from aftermarket only, that too after you have read enough here.
DN names are cool, but remember, not many outside domaining world know that DN stands for domain name, and hence limits your audience.
Always remember who can be your end user.

•••
•••
Why is this thread still alive? Haven't you received enough abuse, I mean appraisals?

It's not worth much (and that's being generous.)

•••
Probably XXXXX if auction.com went for 1.7 million.

•••
According to Namebio, Auction[+word].com have been going at low - mid $xxx recent years. A few Auction[+strong keyword].com domains have reached the $xxxxx range.

I'm not sure what an auction screen is or what this domain could be used for. Is "auction screen" commonly used in relation to online auctions? Reg fee IMO.

I'm afraid no such pricing "rule" exists :)

auction [+ screen] together makes sense
auction : You know well.
screen: A panel on any device where data are displayed.
So auctionscreen.com together means "a panel where any kind of data or any kind of activity related to auctions are displayed.
So isn't that a strong keyword ?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back