Domain Empire

domain Auction.com sold for 1.7 million $, so what about this domain? - auctionScreen.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please choose the approx price range for this domain

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • XX $

votes
    72.0%
  • XXX $

votes
    16.0%
  • XXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXX $

votes
    8.0%
  • XXXXXX $

votes
    12.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Mickey

Established Member
Impact
auctionScreen.com

auction.com sold for 1.7 million dollars in 2009
and is so much successful till now .

auctionScreen.com can also be used in a similar way to compete with auction.com.
I can define this domain in following way:-
auction : You know well.
screen: A panel on any device where data are displayed.
So auctionscreen.com together means "a panel where any kind of data or any kind of activity related to auctions are displayed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't see any value here, sorry. The 2 words don't go together in a way that a native English speaker would use naturally.

Who would be the buyer? eBay? To screen auctions? Doesn't make sense to me.
Got it , got enough appraisals or de - appraisals and now am full.

•••
Got it , got enough appraisals or de - appraisals and now am full.

Understood. Better to learn this way than flush (more) money down the toilet (y)

•••
Reg fee. IMO ... A name should make proper sense. If it would had been DNauction.com , then this might have value ( Max mid xxxx to end user) .

•••
Understood. Better to learn this way than flush (more) money down the toilet (y)

A little smile with courage , My heart says It has to pass like this only.:|

•••
Appreciate the time and opinions we take to help each other out.

I didn't say 0 or 1000 but because auction.com sold that high doesn't mean that every auction name will go that high on an auction. Want2Learn is a great man and very interested in domaining but i think he was a bit too quick by judging this one. If you don't like the opinions here well put it up for sale and show us something else. Everybody will be happy for you. Don't see it as an attack but just opinions from fellow domainers/businesspeople with together more than 50 years experience as i have + 10 myself for example. Goodluck

•••
Reg fee. IMO ... A name should make proper sense. If it would had been DNauction.com , then this might have value ( Max mid xxxx to end user) .
Another way to promote...Dnauction.com.......lol
Well thanks for your appraisals...

•••
Another way to promote...Dnauction.com.......lol
Well thanks for your appraisals...

I was just trying to make a point which will help you. I don't even know whose domain is DNauction.com . I just make an example to make you understand.

Regards

•••
Appreciate the time and opinions we take to help each other out.

I didn't say 0 or 1000 but because auction.com sold that high doesn't mean that every auction name will go that high on an auction. Want2Learn is a great man and very interested in domaining but i think he was a bit too quick by judging this one. If you don't like the opinions here well put it up for sale and show us something else. Everybody will be happy for you. Don't see it as an attack but just opinions from fellow domainers/businesspeople with together more than 50 years experience as i have + 10 myself for example. Goodluck

Well , Mr. M I appreciate all of you guys to change my wrong mindset .
Will try to come with valuable domains next time.

•••
Ok let's jump ahead 10-15 years and people are using Holographs more regularly ,,,, "hang on I will be with you soon, I just gotta check AuctionScreen to see if there are any bargains" Us domainers really do have a great imagination

•••

I was just trying to make a point which will help you. I don't even know whose domain is DNauction.com . I just make an example to make you understand.

Regards
Oops I thought its your......not a problem at all though Dnauction.com is good aged domain available.

•••
Ok let's jump ahead 10-15 years and people are using Holographs more regularly ,,,, "hang on I will be with you soon, I just gotta check AuctionScreen to see if there are any bargains" Us domainers really do have a great imagination
Support like this really gives relief man . Appreciate you.

•••
Hey ''want to learn'' ,I think mr Tiwari did not get that you were being facetious you may have swelled his head a little,or maybe I should say a lot.

Yeah . . . and it makes me feel kind of badly!

•••
@sachin tiwari the name auction screen will be a tough one to sell imo. Auction is a great word. Screen is a great word in specific instances. Bringing them together, well you will need some good fortune/luck. Look if you came on here 25 years ago asking about a name google dot com, the response would be
similar . . . for different reasons, but similar comments. If some how the word screen is able to replace house . . . auction house now, auction screen in the future . . . You have an uphill battle.

If you dont believe us, go to the auction screen on this website and list it. I doubt it would go for more than $15. Go put love dot com on the site, and it would go very high here. There are brokers here that would get love dot com to their clients, at a high cost . . . regular domainers here couldnt afford it!

•••
reg fee name

you can't compare the sale of a premium one word name to yours, in any kind of way

period!

imo....

•••
@sachin tiwari the name auction screen will be a tough one to sell imo. Auction is a great word. Screen is a great word in specific instances. Bringing them together, well you will need some good fortune/luck. Look if you came on here 25 years ago asking about a name google dot com, the response would be
similar . . . for different reasons, but similar comments. If some how the word screen is able to replace house . . . auction house now, auction screen in the future . . . You have an uphill battle.

If you dont believe us, go to the auction screen on this website and list it. I doubt it would go for more than $15. Go put love dot com on the site, and it would go very high here. There are brokers here that would get love dot com to their clients, at a high cost . . . regular domainers here couldnt afford it!

Mr. Want2learn I think I am just looking for this reply only and this comes from a great level of experience and you proved that .Thank you so much , I appreciate your reviews.

•••
reg fee name

you can't compare the sale of a premium one word name to yours, in any kind of way

period!

imo....

imo .. sales figure of a domain also reflects premium-ship of domain .
For example look at yellowpages.com, sold for 5 million $ , can you make any sense of this name to get sold for 5 m $ ,but now it is a premium domain.

But anyway I don't want any discussion .
Thank you for giving your precious time for presenting your views on my domain.

•••
Mr. Want2learn I think I am just looking for this reply only and this comes from a great level of experience and you proved that .Thank you so much , I appreciate your reviews.

Confusing from a xx.xxx number to 15 bucks

•••
Name got no value...if you're just starting out..don't register domains. Buy from aftermarket only, that too after you have read enough here.
DN names are cool, but remember, not many outside domaining world know that DN stands for domain name, and hence limits your audience.
Always remember who can be your end user.

•••
I do not see any value.

This part of your title "Auction.com sold for 1.7 million $" brought me here.

Like others have mentioned, there is no relevance between the two domains.

In future, if you want input from veterans with +20 years experience, please mention this in your initial post, that way members without that kind of experience won't waste everyone's time - yours and theirs & mine.

Members are trying to be helpful, giving you valuable information for free. Hopefully, you will come back to this thread in a year or two & you will appreciate the input from NPers.

Last edited:
•••
I do not see any value.

This part of your title "Auction.com sold for 1.7 million $" brought me here.

Like others have mentioned, there is no relevance between the two domains.

In future, if you want input from veterans with +20 years experience, please mention this in your initial post, that way members without that kind of experience don't waste everyone's time - yours and theirs & mine.

Members are trying to be helpful, giving you valuable information for free. Hopefully, you will come back to this thread in a year or two & you will appreciate the input from NPers.
Relax man , I think you got hurt . And by the way I don't think I have wasted anyone's time, every one responded here just because of their will and that really helps me a lot . But anyways your idea about veterans is really helpful.

And again plz calm down , don't take it from heart .
Again I appreciate all members here who have given their valuable time to provide feedback for my domain.

•••
imo .. sales figure of a domain also reflects premium-ship of domain .

wtf is "premium-ship"

you can't just come in the game, making up your own descriptive adjectives like you = Mike Tyson = or somebody. :)

For example look at yellowpages.com, sold for 5 million $ , can you make any sense of this name to get sold for 5 m $ ,but now it is a premium domain.

the yellowpages was in existence long before the internet

when it contained commercial listings that was used to find services

it's still distributed to homes yearly

see yp.com

imo....

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't sound so catchy I'm afraid, as a native English speaker it sounds like a place to auction off TV screens etc. Maybe some end user worth.

•••
Great domain i thing it cost less than verisign fee.

•••
Enough discussion for today.

•••
These are well meaning comments to add another perspective to the name.

I've been to numerous auctions as a buyer, I've chaired several small auctions for beneficiary organizations and, I currently receive both email and hard copy catalogues from a few major auction houses and, I used to collect topical antique auction catalogues.

To the best of my knowledge I've never heard nor read the phrase " auction screen " used in connection to any auction.

If you believe in the name give it your best efforts!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back