Domain Empire

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happy February!

Just wanted to post a monthly update about how January was for me at squadhelp.

I added approximately 70 new squadhelp names to my portfolio in January. My goal is to hopefully reach 2000 premium listings or close to that by the end of 2023. Here are some of the new names that got added:

1675289680159.png

Sales in January were consistent. We sold our first name on January 1st for $2,022 to a cheeky buyer who likely wanted to show that on their books haha. We had 4 total sales in January, 3 of which were lease to own sales.

Jan 1st - Libaris (com) - $2,022
Jan 9th - LTO $3132
Jan 19th - LTO $3126
Jan 27th - LTO $3234

The LTO were purchased on flexible financing plans and the monthly surcharge added to the total sale price. I have found good activity with LTO in the $3,000-$3,500 range.

Account wise, We have increased our total premium listings to 1,087. Our views are getting close to 2,000,000.

1675290096308.png

Sell through rates both annualized and portfolio % 12+ month increased a little but but still close to same figures as start of the year.

1675290201459.png

Gotta figure out how to get the time to sell below site average.

Last edited:
•••
Happy February!

Just wanted to post a monthly update about how January was for me at squadhelp.

I added approximately 70 new squadhelp names to my portfolio in January. My goal is to hopefully reach 2000 premium listings or close to that by the end of 2023. Here are some of the new names that got added:

Show attachment 231358

Sales in January were consistent. We sold our first name on January 1st for $2,022 to a cheeky buyer who likely wanted to show that on their books haha. We had 4 total sales in January, 3 of which were lease to own sales.

Jan 1st - Libaris (com) - $2,022
Jan 9th - LTO $3132
Jan 19th - LTO $3126
Jan 27th - LTO $3234

The LTO were purchased on flexible financing plans and the monthly surcharge added to the total sale price. I have found good activity with LTO in the $3,000-$3,500 range.

Account wise, We have increased our total premium listings to 1,087. Our views are getting close to 2,000,000.

Show attachment 231359

Sell through rates both annualized and portfolio % 12+ month increased a little but but still close to same figures as start of the year.

Show attachment 231360

Gotta figure out how to get the time to sell below site average.

Thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind few questions:

- What made you reverse your decision with SH and go back?

- Are sales just for prem or standard as well?

- Was the bin one via Afternic or SH direct? How do you expect the new Afternic rate for not-own NS will affect your sales and decision to stay/grow?

•••
I added approximately 70 new squadhelp names to my portfolio in January.

All 70 were Approved Premium names?

You are an inspiration, for name creators!

•••
Saw this ad on Twitter. Good time to switch your domains to SquadHelp standard listing.
59CC017A-E375-4D90-899D-747BF31DFFF4.jpeg

•••
Thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind few questions:

- What made you reverse your decision with SH and go back?

- Are sales just for prem or standard as well?

- Was the bin one via Afternic or SH direct? How do you expect the new Afternic rate for not-own NS will affect your sales and decision to stay/grow?
All sales are premium. While I have my standards listings uploaded I’m currently not using sh ns for them

•••
All sales are premium. While I have my standards listings uploaded I’m currently not using sh ns for them
I've been away from SH for a while and just considering it again. What's the fee to get a premium listing?

•••
I've been away from SH for a while and just considering it again. What's the fee to get a premium listing?
1 coin to submit each name

•••
All 70 were Approved Premium names?

You are an inspiration, for name creators!
I submitted around 160 names and had around 70 approved.

•••
•••
•••
•••
incase if the owner doesnt want to renew his premium domain , In the past squadhelp were welcoming people to transfer premium domains to their ownership and recieve %25 commission , to avoid not to be sold for retail prices to others out of squadhelp ,

5 days ago i did a transfer request for two domains i am not plannning to renew and till now no reply !!
one of the domains expired while i am waiting !!
It seems they are not doing well and very cautious in current market situation !!
Below the anaswer when i asked why this delayment and whats the time limit to wait the request answer !!

1676588609831.png

.​

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone
New to squadHelp, with only 10 premium listings! My goal is to reach 100 premium names by the end of this year!

@JudgeMind you're a true inspiration!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and knowledge here🙏

•••
incase if the owner doesnt want to renew his premium domain , In the past squadhelp were welcoming people to transfer premium domains to their ownership and recieve %25 commission , to avoid not to be sold for retail prices to others out of squadhelp ,

5 days ago i did a transfer request for two domains i am not plannning to renew and till now no reply !!
one of the domains expired while i am waiting !!
It seems they are not doing well and very cautious in current market situation !!
Below the anaswer when i asked why this delayment and whats the time limit to wait the request answer !!
5 days you say? :xf.smile: It's been over a year since I'm waiting for replies for some of my domain names that I wanted to transfer to SH :xf.grin: One person from support once told me that this function is no longer available, the other one later said that in some cases it is still working. Go figure :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
5 days you say? :xf.smile: It's been over a year since I'm waiting for replies for some of my domain names that I wanted to transfer to SH :xf.grin: One person from support once told me that this function is no longer available, the other one later said that in some cases it is still working. Go figure :xf.grin:

For you they delay to reply over one year !!!
But they are good and FAST only at threatening sellers with their policy and asking to give them notices !!

Below their reply when i asked to remove the premium domains that they ignored and expired .

1677024371215.png

1677024484239.png

.​

Last edited:
•••
I'm afraid the end is near for squadhelp...
They have always tried to sound larger than they really are with their communications (referring to their 1 person department as a glorified "team" and such) but I think they are having issues paying even the handful of employees they do have (or had).
The "one person department" Jessica is even more arrogant and vindicative than ever, payments for sold names are dragging with invented reasons and their financial fillings don't look that great.
No reply from management even though the emails are read (or at least opened multiple times).
...doesn't look good.

•••
They ignore people whenever they want, but when someone ignore them they start threatening .

1677414536722.png

Last edited:
•••
@lovely4ever - that's automatic. The language is a bit harsh maybe, but they don't have anything against you specifically. It's just the way the platform works, and it's been like that for quite some time.
Other recent changes are quite worrisome...

•••
•••
They have always tried to sound larger than they really are with their communications (referring to their 1 person department as a glorified "team" and such) but I think they are having issues paying even the handful of employees they do have (or had).
The "one person department" Jessica is even more arrogant and vindicative than ever, payments for sold names are dragging with invented reasons and their financial fillings don't look that great.
No reply from management even though the emails are read (or at least opened multiple times).
...doesn't look good.

What are you talking about? What financial fillings? Where are you taking this information from? How do you know it's reliable?

Regarding Jessica, I had multiple encounters with her about various things and she has always been professional and helpful. Never once I thought she was arrogant or anything like that.

•••
What are you talking about? What financial fillings? Where are you taking this information from? How do you know it's reliable?
It's public info.

Regarding Jessica, I had multiple encounters with her about various things and she has always been professional and helpful. Never once I thought she was arrogant or anything like that.
Good for you, I guess. I had a dramatically different experience most of the time.
The interactions with her were the main reason for moving most of my names elsewhere a while back.

•••
I submitted around 160 names and had around 70 approved.
Are you using Expert Review Process (Recommended) or SH Review (with some input from Experts) ?

I started using SquadHelp a few days ago, submitted 15 names with 15 coins but only 3 got accepted.
I was using the Expert Review Process (Recommended) option.

I wonder if SH Review (with some input from Experts) would result in a better approval rate?

Thanks

•••
•••
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a to their marketplace portfolio. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
I agree to all of the above. In the current domain bear market, which we may emerge from in the near future (hopefully), it has been very difficult to sell domains regularly for non-liquidation prices. And post GoDaddy's acquisition of Dan and the subsequent "commission alignment" across their marketplaces, paying low commission for high visibility is almost impossible.

I must say that I absolutely love Squadhelp Standard Listings from a purely aesthetic perspective. The logos, descriptions, price listing options etc, but of course you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can have an amazing White Label Marketplace (WLM) but high visibility - upgrading to Premium Listings - will move the commission from 7.5% to ~30% - which hurts domainers financially (and seemingly physically, emotionally and spiritually too).

However, what matters most is sales, cash flow and acquisitions. It may be very tough to watch a marketplace take so much of the overall sale price, but I would argue - in this environment (a buyer's market) - savvy domain investors can deploy that net income into incredible acquisitions, because to paraphrase one of the greats "you make the most money on great buys."

As such, I've decided to move 5-10 of my best domains to Squadhelp Premium: they are going to be solid deals for potential buyers, but the domains I have in my sights right now are even more valuable. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
•••
...doesn't look good.
It's not a "one person department", they have multiple customer support people.

I contacted them multiple times during weekends, weekdays, holidays, in the morning, afternoon and night. I always received a professional reply within minutes, always. Even on weekends. SH has amazing customer support.

As for payments, the payouts are processed in real time. You just click on the payout button and it's processed. When you receive the funds it depends on the domain transfer process and the underlying registrars. They process the transfer and any questions regarding the transfer within hours, even on weekends.

No issues with the payouts whatsoever.

I have just tried today it for an installment payment: I had clicked on the request payout button, then I immediately received the funds via PayPal.

Congratulations, your withdrawal request was processed in real time. The transfer of funds has been initiated

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back