Dynadot

.us Ask.us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sold at Sedo for just over $6k with AskJeeves reverting to Ask it seems like a great bargain. JMO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wot said:
Sold at Sedo for just over $6k with AskJeeves reverting to Ask it seems like a great bargain. JMO

Pretty cheap :imho:

•••
i like how its can be used as "Got a question? Ask Us!"

abc.us sold for 6k aswell

•••
wot said:
I agree. Potentially one of the best LLL .us combinations available to build traffic around, IMHO. Very marketable. Did you think about buying it, wot, or did you find out after the fact? Somebody did quite well for themselves.

•••
That is a pretty reasonable price IMO for the buyer.

•••
Grrilla said:
I agree. Potentially one of the best LLL .us combinations available to build traffic around, IMHO. Very marketable. Did you think about buying it, wot, or did you find out after the fact? Somebody did quite well for themselves.

Nope after the fact - I think it may be Zouzas- America.us / Got.us :?

•••
Yes, it was zouzas.

He purchased another great one which I was negotiating on myself - Air.us

I wish I had bought it when I had a chance. :'(

But good luck to him, and more power to the .US :)

•••
Nice price on that one. I haven't dove too deeply into .US domains but it appears that the market is growing.

•••
I would have expected it to sell a bit more :P

-Josh

•••
I wish I had bought it when I had a chance. :'(
-db- may act like he's crying but I know better. He's got some sweet .us names and I haven't even seen alot of the one's that I know he's got packed away for a rainy day. :hehe:

•••
Pretty unsound tactics by the Ask(Jeeves ) management not to have grabbed this one - somebody deserves a kick up the rear end :laugh:

•••
6K seems a little cheap to be letting this one go for. But a great deal for the buyer.

•••
JoshHendo said:
I would have expected it to sell a bit more :P

-Josh
Definitely. http://ask.us Can be taken as "ask us" or Ask United States :D

wot said:
Pretty unsound tactics by the Ask(Jeeves ) management not to have grabbed this one - somebody deserves a kick up the rear end :laugh:
Talk to Jeeves about that one. Ever since he left, they've been a little lackluster.

:p

-Steve

•••
Well, Ask.us looks like a pure bargain on a first sight but i think the seller is been forced to sell or appear in court.

So he might be pissin in his pant and took the offer that can't be refused!

I think this time Barry Diller went with Luca Brasi.

•••
•••
I doubt they could get anyone for copywright on this?!

Surely it's a generic term and they could easily register . . . although they do own www.askus.com

It's a minefield!

•••
cjcjcj said:
I doubt they could get anyone for copywright on this?!

Surely it's a generic term and they could easily register . . . although they do own www.askus.com

It's a minefield!
It still doesn't mean lawyers can't get involved. Money talks and the more high paid lawyers you have on your side usually increases the chances you can get something you may or may not be entitled to.

•••
www.ask.us

3 or four days after the sale jeeves announces there dropping jeeves :hehe:

here's there TM

this quote would apply to just about every site on the internet

"providing links to the websites of other"

ASK
IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Business services, namely, providing links to the websites of retail service providers in the field of consumer electronics, computers, clothing, automobiles, toys and games and a wide variety of other general consumer products; providing links to the website of others; promoting the goods and services of others by placing advertisements and promotional displays on electronic sites accessed through computer networks

•••
zouzas said:
www.ask.us

3 or four days after the sale jeeves announces there dropping jeeves :hehe:

here's there TM

this quote would apply to just about every site on the internet

"providing links to the websites of other"

ASK
IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Business services, namely, providing links to the websites of retail service providers in the field of consumer electronics, computers, clothing, automobiles, toys and games and a wide variety of other general consumer products; providing links to the website of others; promoting the goods and services of others by placing advertisements and promotional displays on electronic sites accessed through computer networks

sweet buy, are you gonna hold or are you gonna shoot for them as enduser

•••
droplister said:
sweet buy, are you gonna hold or are you gonna shoot for them as enduser

:hi:

already live www.ask.us

•••
You certainly got the website up and running quickly.

•••
The sooner, the better when it comes to money being made. Definitely a good bargain in my view @ $6,000. The domain has excellent potential and the awareness of it continues to grow. I've seen several .us domains advertised in the print world in the past few months.

•••
3 or four days after the sale jeeves announces there dropping jeeves
Nothing like some inside info and/or bit of good fortune, huh zouzas? ;) Sincere Congrats!

Personally, 2nd to the .com (only due to practical considerations), .us would have been my ext of choice for the term because of the play on U.S.-"us".
AskDiller.com was regged a few mos back, but Askzouzas.com is still avail. :)

•••
Grrilla said:
Nothing like some inside info and/or bit of good fortune, huh zouzas? ;) Sincere Congrats!

Personally, 2nd to the .com (only due to practical considerations), .us would have been my ext of choice for the term because of the play on U.S.-"us".
AskDiller.com was regged a few mos back, but Askzouzas.com is still avail. :)

no info just a coincidence ,,hoping i didn;t buy a lawsuit!!!

but what i have basically is fed gvt info so like said above Ask the united states will be the theme..

found out the TM is just a application and hasn;t been accepted,,so once its publised for objections ill be raising a few ,where its so broad :hehe:

•••
zouzas said:

no info just a coincidence ,,hoping i didn;t buy a lawsuit!!!

but what i have basically is fed gvt info so like said above Ask the united states will be the theme..

found out the TM is just a application and hasn;t been accepted,,so once its publised for objections ill be raising a few ,where its so broad :hehe:

Great buy as I said already. :$: :$:

They knew they were going to swtch from AskJeeves sometime ago, many country AskJeeves available. Complete incompetence on their part not to have secured all "Ask" names that they could prior to going for the tm JMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back