IT.COM

discuss "AreaCodeDomains".com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I own "AreaCodeDomains".com, and about 100 specific area code domains. As far as a "niche" is concerned, while there are 43,000 zip codes in the US, there are just 275 area codes, of which 200 are "unique" meaning they don't overlap.

I own domains like 321Rocks (space coast) and 212Yes(NYC) and a host of other area code domains. Take the area where I live for example, Virginia Beach aka Coastal Virginia, I own a half dozen area code domains that are area specific.

If you live in the states, I'm sure you see area code domains specific to your area. xxxSports is more likely than not taken and used by the news media, as would be xxxNews.

While the "average" demographic for a particular area code represents about 2M people, a demographic this size probably has 500+ pizza restaurants. I probably have 20+ pizza places within 10 minutes of my house.

Curious, what do others think about area codes as a niche?....thanks,

Bulloney

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Thanks...not sure what you mean "Pretty high labor/low revenue business model"? Take for example, waterfront real estate in the 757 area code that includes Virginia Beach and the Chesapeake Bay is well over a billion dollar industry. It takes just 1,000 waterfront homes selling for 1M apiece to equal a billion dollars. While I haven't done the research, I would say there are more than 5,000 waterfront homes in this area code that would be considered waterfront.

"As domains for sale - not really"....I agree, while it's unlikely another domainer would buy 619WaterfrontRealty.com, certainly realtors in the 619 area might be interested? Granted, it's up to me to figure out how to sell this name, but obtaining an email list of the literally thousands of realtors in the 619 area code should be pretty easy. How much might a domain like this sell for? Think of it in these terms, if the average waterfront home sells for 1M, and the commission is 6% or 60K, how much might a killer H2O domain sell for? 5K?....10K. How much do you think Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank Fame might pay for a 212 Killer domain...just asking?

Thanks again:xf.grin:

Bulloney

Last edited:
•••
Ha ha ha very tricky name.

•••
i just notice that @Bulloney has been autoclosed....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back