IT.COM

discuss Are You still buying domains?...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
As the above question asks, are you still buying domains?

If so, are your purchases consistent month on month, or are you now holding back on buying domains for a specific reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks.... just check their website it show $10.99 per domain now
go to the bottom of the homepage and click 'Promos'. i just took a screenshot
Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 7.12.16 PM.png

•••
My handregs and drops grow exponentially. Not sure what will happen, but better than sitting on 20 year old biz/info most of which don't sell. Must quit sometime.

•••
I've been buying more and aggressively this year compare to last. But this month has been the slowest of this year in terms of purchasing since I moved to new country and with lot of work to do, not much time for buying.
Hi, may I know what kind of name you buy nowadays? Brandables/one/two-words/traffic/liquid. Thanks.

•••
Still buying. Doubled my portfolio over last year and now have around 3300. I still add around 100-200 names every month.

•••
Hi, may I know what kind of name you buy nowadays? Brandables/one/two-words/traffic/liquid. Thanks.

Mainly 1-2 word brandable domains.

•••
Still buying and selling. I enjoy domain investing so much. I love when I hand register names, put them on Afternic and start getting price requests right away. I don't even know how people find these names since there are thousands if not millions listed.

I continue to add usually around 15-20 per month. I have also grown more picky though. Sold a bunch of names and dropped a few that were experiments.

Last thing I've done this year is consolidated my portfolio into just two registrars. Got tired of names spread over 15 registrars. Life is much easier now.

•••
Still buying and selling. I enjoy domain investing so much. I love when I hand register names, put them on Afternic and start getting price requests away. I don't even know how people find these names since there are thousands if not millions listed.

I continue to add usually around 15-20 per month. I have also grown more picky though. Sold a bunch of names and dropped a few that were experiments.

Last thing I've done this year is consolidated my portfolio into just two registrars. Got tired of names spread over 15 registrars. Life is much easier now.

@silentptner I notice you're frequent on your reg of the day thread and love most of your name , is your most hand reg pick from dropped (expiredomain.net) or new invented name? Just curious though and will love to hear from you.

Last edited:
•••
@silentptner I notice you're frequent on hang reg thread and love most of your name , is your most hand reg pick from dropped (expiredomain.net) or new invented name? Just curious though and will love to hear from you.
I rarely buy expiring domains. So competitive. I pretty much buy hand reg, dropped, GD bargain, and aftermarket.

•••
I rarely buy expiring domains. So competitive. I pretty much buy hand reg, dropped, GD bargain, and aftermarket.

Can I send you pm?

•••
•••
are you still buying domains?

Yes. My therapist has told me to stop buying and I keep a rubber band on my wrist and snap it every time I search for a name. All this has done is make the rubber industry some extra money and caused bruising and bleeding...

•••
Yes. My therapist has told me to stop buying and I keep a rubber band on my wrist and snap it every time I search for a name. All this has done is make the rubber industry some extra money and caused bruising and bleeding...
lol....I used to have only one wishlist of names waiting for reg specials. Nowadays, I have wishlists everywhere....in my phone, on my office pc, my home pc....so many decent names, so little time. :)

•••
Well after saying earlier in the thread I was concentrating on selling not acquiring, Rebel had a great deal on .ca, the Epik monthly deal is almost over, so yes I have added 25 .ca, a few .org to replace ones I have recently sold in that TLD, plus a number more .com. And I am actively looking at a few ngTLDs. Now at about 540 domain names in portfolio, the highest I have ever been.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Is duemove.com is good domain name?
Well, you are asking a wrong guy, I do not buy any .com names - but rest of this forum they do, maybe someone else can reply here :)

•••
Buying more than ever. Over 10,000 in the last few months alone.

•••
Still buying. Tho I haven't purchased any in a while. Just waiting for the best deal, not just to spend money on crap domains just to get some movement goin

Last edited:
•••
Buying each day. Though, what I buy, when, and from what venue depends a lot upon my monthly cash flow from domain sales. It's spread between Hand regs, Closeouts, Aftermarket, and reseller deals. Have reduced bidding at expiring auctions considerably.

•••
I m buying. I buy most of them for development. I sell very few. I feel it is not easy to stop unless you are done with your credit card. But the quality of my purchases seems improved day by day.

The people at NamesPros are fantastic. Each day there is an opportunity to learn and master from each one of you.

I think owning a great name gives that pride and increases dopamine levels. They also give an opportunity to present your business with a beautiful name and platform for growth.

Bottom line is, its hard to stop.

•••
Back