NameSilo

Anyone out there still buying crypto domains?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by Aroon Bhattia, Oct 10, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Aroon Bhattia

Aroon Bhattia Established Member

Just wandering if anyone out there is still buying crypto domains!!!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

3. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Sure, happy to look at lists. Crypto is cyclical, but the category is established. Flavors and brands will go away but the category is an inevitable by-product of a broken banking system.

4. Brands.International

Brands.International formerly lolwarrior VIP

Sure (but only new gTLDs in my case) and they need to be relevant 1 worders :)

5. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

I just bought CryptoYouth dot com a couple of days ago here on NP.

6. Mary Muse

Mary Muse Premium Digital Assets

Was thinking about your "strategy" more.

You actively ignore .com's? Anything that's not strictly a "new gtld" gets ignored?

Do you own anything besides new gtld's?

Thanks..

7. Silentptnr

The funny thing is, I've noticed many ngTLD domain sales on GD that aren't on NB. Leads me to think that some single word new gtlds have promise.

I could list some but I think those sales are not too hard to find. One that comes to mind was science.news that GD says sold for $19,167.

8. Mary Muse

Mary Muse Premium Digital Assets

Of course.

I don't think anyone is arguing the overall value & liquidity in non-premium priced new gtld's, and if they are, they aren't paying attention/diversifying their assets & portfolio.

What I do question is the process behind actively preventing yourself from diversifying into legacy tld's, obviously including .com. Is this process in place strictly to maintain a purely-new gtld "brand?"

Honestly just curious, as I've never actually heard the practicality/strategy in limiting yourself to ONLY new gtld's.

9. Silentptnr

I think there are maybe a handful of alt ext that are decent. They also have to compete with cctld's.

10. Brands.International

Brands.International formerly lolwarrior VIP

Yes, I own ONLY new gTLDs, little more then 1000 of them atm.

Personally, I have zero interest in .com, and I own exactly 0 .com names. Sometimes I drop catch some nice .tv names along the way, like recently, but I auction them here at Namepros for wholesale prices, just to have a fun. I do not want .tv in my porftolio either.

You maybe never heared of this strategy, but this is because afaik only very few people are doing this (99,9% are doing at least some mix or diversification to .com or ccTLds).
    :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice