Dynadot

discuss Are You still buying domains?...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
As the above question asks, are you still buying domains?

If so, are your purchases consistent month on month, or are you now holding back on buying domains for a specific reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I still buy domains but not as many as I used to. I'm spending more, but buying less domains overall. One reason is that it's gotten a lot more competitive in just the past 18 months. Another reason, probably the main reason, is that I'm trying to focus on quality instead of quantity.

•••
buying - but my purchases are not consistent at all - when I see good name, I buy, when I see bad name I do not buy - so depends on what is offered atm :)

•••
after 20 years I have almost stopped myself with brandables, came back in domaining buying traffic ones like wwwalexa.com .. i'm done in as a single person jumproping with my time instead. maybe after I get married to wifes i'll consider buying aftermarket other than hand regs..

-have a special day

Last edited:
•••
I was only buying generic but have had urges to do some branding so I started buying again. I had slowed because I had what I wanted.

•••
Buy!
But just get more and more picky.

•••
Focusing more on getting quality domains,definitely buying less

•••
•••
rebel.com just started a new promo-.cas $1 ea with a limit of 25. here i go again,25 more.:arghh:

•••
Definitely less than last year. The $1 netsol thing allowed many of us to take risks and experiment, plus it made it more fun. I mean buying a nice expired COM name for a $1 is hard to pass up. But now we are back to more normal $6-$10 COM pricing, you put more effort into it. I'm doing 15-20 names a month, but sometimes will do a burst of a few in one day.

•••
•••
Definitely less than last year. The $1 netsol thing allowed many of us to take risks and experiment, plus it made it more fun. I mean buying a nice expired COM name for a $1 is hard to pass up. But now we are back to more normal $6-$10 COM pricing, you put more effort into it. I'm doing 15-20 names a month, but sometimes will do a burst of a few in one day.

Yes that was crazy times roll on another $1 deal

•••
i wanna write about my 1999 story when it was free to reg .com (Network Solutions mailed you a bill 3 months later that lasted in your name for like 6 months) - got hundreds+

- have a special day

•••
I've been buying more and aggressively this year compare to last. But this month has been the slowest of this year in terms of purchasing since I moved to new country and with lot of work to do, not much time for buying.

•••
I am always willing to buy when the right opportunity comes up.

I do feel way too many average domains are going for prices that don't make sense on popular auction venues.

Brad

•••
I'm focusing on higher quality domains, so I buy much less than I used to.
Also, I try to sell more of my current domains before reinvesting.

•••
•••
i wanna write about my 1999 story when it was free to reg .com (Network Solutions mailed you a bill 3 months later that lasted in your name for like 6 months) - got hundreds+

I’d like to hear. It cost me $75 ea. back in 96 and 97 when I had my first Netsol purchases.

•••
As the above question asks, are you still buying domains?

If so, are your purchases consistent month on month, or are you now holding back on buying domains for a specific reason?

I buy domain names as and when I have ideas etc but have only ever bought for reg fee

Bought a domain name this week for

£1.19

My sort of price lol

•••
I've been buying more and aggressively this year compare to last. But this month has been the slowest of this year in terms of purchasing since I moved to new country and with lot of work to do, not much time for buying.

You're too busy selling domains lol

•••
I would add that I focusing more time on

Day trading at the moment

Eg day trading bitcoin, ripple and litecoin so that I can see what impact Facebooks libra coin Which will be introduced in 2020 will have on the likes of bitcoin etc and watching how the price of bitcoin fluctuates etc

Which is why I'm mot buying as many domain names as well as I already have far too many tech venture concept ideas that I own the keyword domains of the tech venture concepts in dot com Obviously and bought for reg fee etc

But as a side note

Facebooks libra coin is not even available to buy yet but many people globally will own libra coin in 2020 and some people will want to pay in libra coin

Businesses need to start preparing to accept Facebook s libra coin as payment next year as soon as it is issued in 2020

Bexause you can be sure amazon will be accepting libra coin as payment almost as soon as it is issued etc

•••
•••
•••
Still buying, I have never really stopped through the years, I am just far more particular what I buy today as opposed to 5 and 10 years ago. Progress continues though.

•••
•••
Back